The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Our U19 team won Champions Cup with Guti as manager. From what I've heard, he has been doing a great job with our youth teams. Defintely one to look for in the future as far as managers go.

I was disappointed Roberto Carlos didn't continue on managing. He showed potential in a stint in Turkey. And we have Hierro in Oviedo as well playing his trade. Lets hope we're in good hands after ZZ.

Doni, RMSocrates, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  2. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Guti as a coach would be awesome !

3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I love me some Guti, but his personality as a player didn't strike me as a good fit for managing us.

RMSocrates, S1na, raven3k and 2 others repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Interesting read, also interesting the bit about "throwing hundreds of millions around every season is bound to stick at some point" obviously Manure haven't reached that point as yet, a little simplistic on that point if you ask me, "prestige" also comes into it, that's what also lures the best of the best to us ,young and old, they want to play here, not just money, lots of teams in the EPL have dished out millions for mediocre teams, and continue to do so, and teams in that league do not lack money, what they do lack is our prestige.

Deep Pal, saadomar, sleepyvato50 and 2 others repped this.
  6. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  7. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looks like Bale is on his way back early to cost us the league as well as the Champions League.

8. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Even if Bale's 50%, he's gonna get thrown into the final like he did against Barca:unsure:

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Definitely prestige. Real Madrid is the only team that is the most successful in both the continental and domestic level. I have argued that many times before against Man Utd and EPL fans. Money will get you mercenaries, sure. But glory will get you recognition and fame. Thousands of kids around the world look up to Messi and Ronaldo; and before that Zidane and Ronaldinho, and the list continues. So money will get you talent, but the best wanna wear the shirt that has a legendary history and they've grown up watching and hearing about.

Even Ronaldo's mom said that she always wanted her son to play for Madrid. Asensio's mom even had the audacity to go up to Florentino and claim her son would play for. There's one of the all time greats and one of the future greats already lining up to wear the shirt because of the reverence Real Madrid commands around the world.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can deal with a sucky Bale or Benzema by themselves (We've all conceded they won't both be replaced). I can't fathom why we would play them BOTH together. It was a disaster against Barcelona (which potentially could've sealed the league for us) and it might go onto be the same again. Why?!! Why are people so stubborn? Zidane keeps playing these players together, when the "B team" keeps bailing his butt out in matches that matter. Heck, if Zizou and Marcelo didn't make the team press in the final minutes of el clasico, James would've rescued us a point and we'd still be 2 points ahead.

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

CR7PT repped this.
  12. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
  13. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    my first full football match! i was 9 years old then andwhen i saw especially dat Zidane goal... i started support Real Madrid since then.

temesgen, Deep Pal, Estel and 10 others repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    temesgen repped this.
  15. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doni repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Estel and Tobias19 repped this.
  17. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Hopefully just to watch the damn game from the stands.

18. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hey BS fam!! Reporting live and direct from East Africa. Finally found a decent wifi spot to revel in our La Liga win. Unforgivably despite staying in a house with satellite, I couldn't find the final game and didn't know we won until the next day when I was watching BBC. Now I can't wait for the final. Been back soon!

Btw, I'm seeing so many Real Madrid jerseys. I even saw an Asensio one.

YOUNGSTARS87, temesgen, Lyra and 16 others repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Carvajal passes fitness test

In a race against the clock, all signs point to Dani Carvajal being back in time for the Champions League final against Juventus on June 3.

Unless there is an injury relapse, the right-back is ready to play and will rejoin training imminently, meaning he is at Zinedine Zidane's disposition even as a starter.

Injured on May 2nd in the first leg of the semi-final against Atletico, the Spaniard was out with a grade two tear to his femoral bicep in his right leg muscle.

Carvajal is on track to be a part of the Cardiff final, and he will be hoping he is physicially up for the challenge, enough to be able to contribute just like he did in the past two Real triumphs.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/05/24/59254978ca4741dd748b4573.html

Lyra, Deep Pal, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good shit. Like how they show love to Casemiro too. We're gonna need Varane to be on his A game next weekend for sure.

temesgen, RMSocrates and Anon. repped this.
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Some of these are amazing. We were even faster a few years ago when Jose was in charge. I remember teams used to be scared of taking corners against us.

temesgen and Lyra repped this.
  23. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    This is why Varane still worries me. Hope he has a big one in the final

24. Mustafa_s

Mustafa_s Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Great video this, I recommend everyone watch it.

25. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is why Pepe is so important for the team. I expected much more of Varane because of his amazing skills for a teenager defender but he so far didn't develop much. Sergio Ramos and Pepe got a lot better throughout the years. Usually defenders are reaching their peak later after gaining experience.
    Pogba's performance is similar - fantastic qualities with the ball for a 20-21 year old and you could imagine only what he could become. However last couple of seasons(last with Juventus, Euro 2016 and current one with United) I didn't see a better player.