The ProShop

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Fiero20, Oct 11, 2002.

1. They're not I usually say it to KC and SJ. I never bothered the revs until this years playoff attendance.

2. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I agree that MLS marketing is woefully lacking. I'm all for Single Entitity, but this area needs to either be decentralized or upgraded. If boy scouts can manage to get mugs, why the heck can't a professional team that already has an e-commerce mechanism? Car flags? Stadium blankets? (yeah I know we play in the summer, but what the heck). I'm fairly certain that they could do a better job if they let the locals do it.

No catalogs available except online or when you buy something. It's not Kraft, it's MLS. They aren't doing a good job of merchandising. They really should contact the NBA, because those guys are masters of it.

-Tron

3. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Re: The ProShop

I was pretty impressed at "The Locker Room" selection today. A few good shirts, a polo, I think, and an Eastern Conference Champions shirt! Though I held out, I'll wait for the MLS Cup Champs model. ;)

4. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think about it, "Eastern Conference Champion" is pretty funny since they could have rather uncermoniously been 2-and-out and still been the champions. How would "MLS Cup Semi-finalist" or "MLS Cup Finalist" sound? LOL

I'm hoping that the "MLS Champion" shirts will be available at the end of the match Sunday...full price if they win and half price if they lose :D

5. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    Remember B O'D

I remember onetime talking to B O'D about that, I think was the start of the second season and all the problem that Reebok had to get their stuff manufactured in Singapore and sent here in time.

If you remember that year we had some nice hats and different T's. He said that because Reebok had that problem they had contracted with other smaller manufacturers.

Umbro USA was one of the original equipment supporters of MLS, they had the ref uniforms, I think. Then came Miami. They went belly up and continued to support only Miami. I was surprised when I saw Umbro and the REVs again.

I also read somewhere that Nike wants to cut down. So maybe we'll see PENALTY and Topper ;)
    BTW PENALTY balls are official in many international competitions (S. America)