The Pantofola d'Oro Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by chivamex10, Sep 7, 2010.

1. seancme

seancme Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  2. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I get the emidios for 62€

3. Nick G

Nick G New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I found a fix for the uncomfy insole on the Lazzarini. I found my old pair of Adipure IVs in my closet, took out the insole and placed it on top of the insole in the Lazzarini. Increased the comfort 10-fold. Didn't have any heel pain like I was having before. I guess for others it will depend on what type of spare insoles you might have lying around that would fit. I found that F50 insoles in the same size (size 11 US, whereas my Lazzarinis are Size 10.5 US) were too long for the Lazzarinis.

4. seancme

seancme Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just trained for the first time with my black Laz's. I bought them a full size down and I'm hoping they'll stretch. Overall, pretty decent boot. The leather isn't quite as buttery soft as I imagined they would be. Not sure if I would go running back to by another pair after this session. As I said, they're still pretty tight and not that silk-leather feel I imagined.

Oli Coultas repped this.
  5. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    As has been noted before, they are just not the same as they used to be...though the original Dream looks like it is still the real deal...if you can find it in stock anywhere that is.

seancme repped this.
  6. seancme

seancme Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So sad about the Laz...

derbyyank13 repped this.
  7. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    You need a break in time in the lazzarinis. The leather can't be butterly soft at first, because over stretching. The Joma total fit has the same concept.

8. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How long roughly for the lazz? Had mine a while and put around 8 hours in and they're still not thst soft

9. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    took quite a while for me mate, well and truly a few weeks of wearing them 3 times a week to get them perfect

Oli Coultas repped this.
  10. Nick G

Nick G New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've been wearing them every few days in the backyard for a couple of weeks now and have worn them to two long training sessions. I've also been stretching them at home by dampening the upper, spraying isopropanol and stuffing them with newspaper. Today I bought some gel heel inserts because the insole was giving me a bit of grief. They were so much better for my training session tonight. Felt much more comfortable. I can imagine with more and more training sessions the leather will crease and mold to my foot even more so.

I also bought a pair of kangaroo leather dreams from PDS for around 40 GBP (50 minus VAT because I live in Aus) which I'm waiting on. I think they will be a lot more comfortable and softer than the calf leather on my red lazzarinis which I bought due to the extra toughness and durability of the leather. This season I'm switching between the lazzarinis, the dreams and my Nike premiers which are absolutely amazing for the price IMO.

11. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Just a heads up for those of you who want boots from Ryal or Akuna, both have dropped their prices by quite a bit and Ryal announced their 2017 collection (which honestly only has a few new boots).

Ryal has La Storia now at 95 Euros!!

And the Piuma from Akuna is right at 100 Euros now.

Also, Akuna now seems to shipping worldwide direct from Italy. Pretty badass honestly.

Links:
    http://www.akuna.it/en/

https://ryalshop.com/

Kai!, JnL1, gusgorman and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Nick G

Nick G New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Have you (or anyone) ever tried any Ryal boots before? If so what is your personal favourite model?

dukduk repped this.
  13. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
  14. dukduk

dukduk Member

May 17, 2016
    Yesterday I unboxed a pair of 1946 with the 8 stud soleplate. I ordered the Europa but they must've mucked up my order. They run a full size long, so you really need to go down a half to a full size for that tight fit you soccer guys like to have. The toebox and midfoot fit are wide and surprisingly enough so is the soleplate, think Morelia, wide enough for me to like them. Out of the box, the leather vis stiff and thicker than what I'm used to (Ace 15.1, Morelia, Monarcida, Gloro 16.1 and from what I can tell in store, the original Copa) and a bit stiff, but I assume because these are handmade a true breaking in is needed unlike Mizuno MiJ. The stitching around the boot will probably keep the stretch to a minimum. My main gripe and it's a deal breaker is the heel slippage, there's virtually no support and lockdown, maybe sizing down will help here but I can say for sure.

15. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
  16. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    #816 gusgorman, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Ryals boots are designed to be laced using a runners knot. This will deal with your heal slippage issues. This has actually been discussed on here before.... but I'm posting quickly at work so haven't got time to look the posts up now.. if you search the forums you'll find it. A few of the online Ryal reviews out there mention this as well

edit: here are the reviews that mention it:

https://www.footy-boots.com/ryal-europa-football-boots-review-35011/

https://soccerreviews.com/ryal-europa-review/

newone88 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  17. dukduk

dukduk Member

May 17, 2016
    Really wanted the Europa

18. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Can't you send them back if they've messed up your order?

19. dukduk

dukduk Member

May 17, 2016
    i can/will

20. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  21. Kai!

Kai! New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Ryal 'La Storia' Update!

So the season finally started last weekend and I finally played a full 90 in my La Storias after about 5 pre-season friendlies and lots of internal trial matches + 4 months of pre-season training.

I've had major blister issues with them so far and I now have to tape every single toe and both heels to prevent this. They feel too tight once my feet start to swell during a match and are honestly not as comfortable as I hoped. The soleplate feels too narrow and during a match the sides of my sole actually slip over it, so that it feels like I'm standing on the side of the boot (if that makes sense). This really affects my balance, unfortunately, and also hurts my ankles. The leather on the inside heel of the right boot is torn due to wear - this happened only a couple of months into pre-season, which is disappointing. The logo on the tongue didn't last long and is now completely gone from both boots (not that I care).

On the positive side, they are still very comfortable to pass and shoot with and the leather is holding up well (though it has faded as you'd expect). The stitching has frayed a little in certain areas but looks solid. The soleplate is holding up well and the logo on the side of the boot has only faded at the very bottom. The slipping has also either stopped or become less noticeable - it's hard to say which!

Overall, I'm mostly disappointed with the sizing which I feel is too small. I stuck to Ryal's size chart and didn't go above or below my normal size in that respect. If I bought another pair of Ryal boots, I'd be tempted to go half a size up. I'm happy with the build quality, though I think the tear on the inside of the right heel is pretty ridiculous because it happened quite early on. I'm kind of on the fence about whether my La Storias were a worthwhile purchase - in some ways I love them, but then they're also so frustrating at the same time. Hopefully my next pair of handmade leather boots will be perfect!

imgur album HERE

JnL1 repped this.
  22. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Thanks for the report. I think akuna/cinquestelle is the better choice. I once ordered ryals for a friend (see some posts ago) and I have not been so enthusiastic about them as for example for the akunas. I think my impression got confirmed with your report.

23. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Which country are you in and what size did you order? Were you going by UK sizing?

I'm in the UK and the Ryal size chart looked wrong to me in the same way as Adidas UK sizing is wrong, ie half a size small - I usually wear 8UK (9US), but in Adidas I wear 8.5UK (9US)

Some time ago I emailed Ryal asking for recommendations for sizing and they recommended I go for 42.5 which confirmed by suspicions - if you look at their size chart they map 42.5 to 8.5UK / 9US / 27JP

I hope this makes sense!

24. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Screenshot_20170305-145940.png
    Hi anyone knows something about the sizing of the cinquestelle colibri? I have to go a full size down?

25. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I went a full size down from normal. I'd say at least half a size down since they stretch so much.