The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This is just out of control.

Sooner or later, they (meaning FIFA, UEFA, CONMEBOL, etc) are going to that to consider salary caps for both players and agents alike. And the Court for Arbitration of Sport can get f*cked if they interfere.

juveeer and juventino13 repped this.
  2. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I've never even heard of this player before, and since I haven't, I doubt he is worth any where near 125mil.

3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    He had a good season for Benfica and torched our U19s last year in the Euro Finals. He looks the real deal. My concern would be that he's not quite the finished product (which you wouldn't expect for a kid that age) and he needs to put on some weight. A sum of 125M seems excessive for him, but not much based on today's market and it could actually be a bargain if he does turn out to be the next Ronaldo. I think Atletico Madrid are taking a reasonable, but calculated risk here.

Knowing what we all know now, wouldn't you all have willingly paid 125M for Mbappe when he came on the market at Monaco? Sometimes these risks are worth it and I think the market is a reflection of that. There are those who said that the 40M we paid for Dybala was excessive and even with the player failing to live up to expectations, he will fetch at least twice that in this market.

4. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's the problem: the market is completely out of control. Joao Felix may be a worthy calculated risk, but every time a player of that profile is sold for that kind of money, the general price for all players increases.

And each summer this continues to inflate, the competitions (domestic, European, international) become more and more restricted and more and exclusive. The fact that major, historical clubs like Porto, Benfica, Ajax etc. have been reduced to nothing more than selling operations just to stay financially afloat is a travesty for the game. And that's not even considering the tragedy that is South American football.

I mean, there was a time when Zico's Flamengo ran riot around Paisley's Liverpool. What is the likelihood that that would happen in today's Club World Cup? It simply wouldn't, and that's a major loss.

5. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    When I saw Drinkwater transfer to Chelsea from Leicester for $50,000,000, that's when I realized the transfermarket is broken for good. Nothing surprises me anymore.

IcEWoLF, Daei_10, scirea6 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's all about how much economic sense it makes to the buyers.

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    DDR was set to sign for Fiorentina, but looks like he decided to retire instead. I knew he couldn't play for another Serie A side, it was never gonna happen

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Conte would not know what to do with him.

11. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Krasic #2

Falc repped this.
  12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He could go eat in a 100 Euro restaurant though.

juventino13, phat and Falc repped this.
  13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Anyway, Naaaaaappppoli appears to be having a pretty decent transfer winder.

Carlo gonna have reinforcements for this campaign.

phat repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Manolos to Napoli gives them a very good pair of CBs now.

15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Roma is clearly just swapping moving players around the league to get into FFP compliance.

You can't figure out their transfer "strategery" without an accounting degree and an intricate knowledge of the FFP regulations.

https://www.football-italia.net/1401...m-diawara-deal

juventino13 repped this.
  16. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    36 m for Manolas is a good price

juveeer repped this.
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    phat repped this.
  18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do teams continue to make ridiculous investments when majority fail? Joao Felix for 125m just cuz hes young?

Look at Barca with Dembele and Coutinho....pissed away their Neymar money, now they want him back lol

Atleti should be spending that money to build a competitive team with depth...not just 1 kid

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well this one kid is supposed to be the next Ronaldo, if he turns out that way the 126mil will be a bargain for them

20. turco3

turco3 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Worst...USWNT look like they’ll advance to the final. Can’t stand Rapinoe.

L'immortale and ArtemioD repped this.
  21. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Well really? Next Ronaldo? I doubt it. He would be more famous if so. I know he had a great season, but you need to remember that the Primera Liga is a mediocre league at best, and he was playing for one of the top teams.

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean he isn't famous. He was one of the most sought after forwards in the market, Atletico were the only ones that ponied up the money that was being asked. We were after him, Real, ManUre, Barca, Bayern, etc. The Primera Liga, the one Ronaldo came out of, yet look at where he is today

There's a reason he went for so much, whether he pans out that way is a different story

Dante repped this.
  23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to see her score the game winner in the final.

gumbacicc and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  24. turco3

turco3 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    ******** that.

I heard during the post game report she might sit it out with her stupid hair.