The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That is the claim made by her attorney. Whether such acknowledgment exists, who knows. So far, no evidence has been produced, just claims by her attorney.

2. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    What is happening to Kavanaugh is normal politics, which we should steer clear of on this thread (even though there were legitimate concerns raised by many law professors and prominent legal figures about his qualification to sit for reasons having nothing to do with the rape allegations).

What I would say though is the parallel with the Ronaldo situation is that people take sides depending on whether you like or dislike the figure and then latch onto arguments to support your side and completely ignore the counterpoints. I wish people were not so quick to rush to judgment.

Dante repped this.
  3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The club stated the same thing. If you have problems with their word smith methods, that is something else. The club made no judgment of the incident of ten years ago. It only acknowledges the claim, which at this point is civil only.

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    My point is let's see. Unless there is an affidavit signed by Ronaldo, a recorded interview, an admission he made to some party, etc., then maybe he need not be worried.

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't have an issue with syntax. My issue is that the club is seemingly trivializing the claims made against him because he's a great professional. One has nothing to do with the other. For a club that basically always gets it right, this was a departure from their pristine PR record IMHO.

Dante repped this.
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What is parallel to the Kavanaugh situation is that spurred by the Me Too movement, many are quick to jump to conclusion, usually that he is guilty. All we have are allegation that were presented to a German newspaper. The civil case is far from getting into the courtroom and we do not even know if Las Vegas authorities will take up criminal charges. Yet, many are jumping on the bandwagon to crucify Ronaldo, as has been done with Kavanaugh. This is akin to public lynching.

turco3 repped this.
  7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hopefully he is not worried. But many are ganging up on him. Folks either love him or hate him. As a Juventino, my concern is how this will affect him on the pitch. That is why I think the club made their statement of support.

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Many are quick to do the opposite. In other words the allegations may be true yet people don't want to hear these women out or give their accounts any deference. Remember the Kavanaugh thing isn't a criminal prosecution such that he is afforded the presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I think it should be expected that people, rightly or wrongly, jump to conclusions without all the evidence, and often determined by things that aren't relevant, such as your political ideology or other bias.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I disagree. As I stated before, the 800 pound gorilla is already in the room. The club could not just ignore this. It came up today during Allegri's press conference. One can say that Juve was damned one way or the other. They chose to focus on his professionalism and dedication without making a judgment call on the claim. I am not sure what more the club could do.

juveeer and turco3 repped this.
  10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We should continue to support him until and unless he is shown to be guilty. My point is that there is a way to do that which doesn't trivialize the accusation.

11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That is the problem. Those who hate him will declare her claims as true. Those who do not hate him will do the opposite. But the media has gone wild with this story because of whom he is. Like I said, replace this with Sturaro, no one gives a damn.

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We both agree on that matter. I just do not see the statement as trivializing. It claim is there and unfortunately, Juve cannot just ignore it. They neither condemned Ronaldo or the woman. And that is what they should do.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There you go again, making shit up.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You might have read what I said, but you clearly have an issue with comprehending it. As for your question, yes, don't address it at this time. Allegri can just say, that's not something I'm going to comment on at this time and move on.

I'm not surprised in the slightest that you think they were worded brilliantly, not in the slightest.

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I am not surprised that you follow the view of fools who have gone on to criticize on social & other media of the tweet by Juventus on this matter. I know you disagree. Quit being a condescending you know what about it.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006

LOL at bolded.

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Funny how all this just showed up in Der Spiegel AFTER he left Real Madrid.

And after Agnelli stole a march on Bayern.

phat repped this.
  18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    When is she giving the $375,000 back?

phat repped this.
  19. iggymcfly

iggymcfly Member

Jun 20, 2014
    All we have is the two of them photographed together the night of the incident, a statement given to the police the following day that she was raped by a famous athlete but wasn’t scared to say who, a rape kit from that morning which showed anal penetration and bruising and laceration to her rectum, and statements from Ronaldo saying: “she said no and stop several times”, “she said that she didn’t want to, but she made herself available. But she kept saying ‘no’, ‘stop’, ‘don’t do it’, ‘I’m not like the others.’ I apologized afterwards.”, and “she didn’t complain about it being too brutal. She complained that I forced her.”

What an insane rush to judgment to use those facts to think that maybe Ronaldo did what he said he did and raped her. It’s such a “public lynching” that the story’s barely gotten any traction, he hasn’t lost any sponsorships yet, he hasn’t been suspended from the team, and in fact the club issued a statement giving their fullest support. This thread is littered with about 10 comments giving support for every one that’s critical. Never mind that this isn’t even the first victim of Ronaldo’s who’s come forward and said that he raped her. Did you also advocate this “wait for the court case before making a judgment” approach when a similar mountain of evidence cake out against Aaron Hernandez? Or is it only violence against women that gets the presumption of innocence no matter what?

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I have yet to see any article that states Ronaldo made those statements. Those were allegations made by the attorney. What is interesting is that the others who were in the suite, including a friend have not been brought up. Could be a case of consensual sex with regrets afterwards. So let’s see where the evidence leads.

21. iggymcfly

iggymcfly Member

Jun 20, 2014
    It was a leaked internal legal document which was originally posted on footballleaks.com that was picked up by Der Spiegel. They were publishing it before Miss Mayorga was even willing to speak publicly or file a suit. It most certainly did not originate with her or her attorney.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Leaked internal document from where? Anyone can create a document & pass it for legal. These trials by public media do no good at ascertaining the truth. None of us know what happened that night. We likely never will.

23. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That being said, what constitutes a supposed 'rapist' is becoming more and more broad and more and more hysterical.

I'm sorry, but in an environment where a drunken ass-grab can ruin somebody's life (and it's not just men, either), I'm going to be skeptical unless there is overwhelming evidence. The law if for the lawyers, so if there's a case against Ronaldo then that's their concern. But in the court of public opinion, I'm very much on the side of "tough shit, bimbo."

I've never allowed myself to become so drunk that I could not consent. EVER. That might be dripping with self-righteousness, but it is the most basic rule of self-preservation (I'm 5'1, 100 lbs so self-preservation has been a major concern throughout my life) and any woman who doesn't take their own personal responsibility to insure that they remain safe gets absolutely no sympathy for me. None.

If you're feeling woozy, then you extricate yourself however you have to and you call a cab. You never allow your drink out of your sight, and if someone hands you a drink, then you either politely or rudely refuse, whatever you have to do. The vast majority of women are not victims, dammit.

phat and turco3 repped this.
  24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve got a hat I’m mailing to you, I hope the aluminum foil doesn’t get crushed in the mail.

25. iggymcfly

iggymcfly Member

Jun 20, 2014
    She wasn’t even drunk. She was physically held down by a 6’2” professional athlete with muscles on top of muscles who brutally sodomized her. I guess she should just assume that everyone in the world is a rapist though and never socialize in groups smaller than 10 because apparently were just all living in the Lord of the Flies and we all have to be ready to fight for our lives physically on a moments notice.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

These ridiculous Ronaldo apologist arguments almost piss me off more than the actual rape. Like what the ********? They aren’t pre MeToo arguments, they’re like pre-1960 arguments. Or maybe arguments that would make sense if you lived in a fundamentalist Islamic theocracy. When you go socialize in a group of 6 people, and use the bathroom to change, that does not give someone the right to force their dick in your ass. I was a bigger Ronaldo fan than anyone. My favorite teams were Madrid and Portugal until the transfer and I was going to root for Juve this year, but I’m not going to cheer for a ********ing RAPIST and I think it’s disgusting that everyone’s so eager to make excuses for him.