News: The Other Club Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cincy Soccer Talk‏ @cincysoccertalk 6m6 minutes ago
    Former @fccincinnati player Kevin Schindler has signed a one-year contract with Dutch second division club SC Cambuur Leeuwarden, with another one year option. Schindler has been a free agent since the end of the FCC 2017 season.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  4. Sometimes someone beats the odds:thumbsup:
    https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/anderson-verruilt-bizarre-situatie-bari-voor-serie-a

27 Juli 2018 23:14

Djavan Anderson is in Nederland geen grote naam. Zowel bij Ajax, AZ als SC Cambuur maakte de 23-jarige Amsterdammer niet bijster veel indruk, maar hij maakt deze zomer wel een prachtige transfer.
    Anderson maakte in Italië faam als speler van Bari, dat door ernstige financiële problemen is bezweken. De verdediger krijgt daarom de kans om een soepele overgang te maken. Verschillende clubs toonden interesse en volgens transfergoeroe Gianluca Di Marzio heeft SS Lazio de strijd gewonnen.

In Rome zou Anderson voor vijf jaar tekenen.

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Roma play Torino today at 5pm, hopefully we'll have 3 Dutchies in the game, Stroot, Kluivert and a fit Karsdorp

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I dont know if this is true, but its pretty funny regardless :D

"I’ll give you a Lamborghini if you score 30 goals. Otherwise it’s a Mercedes if you score 10, okay? I’ve also read that you dream of going to Barcelona. You know I’ll never sell you to them, right?"

- AS Roma owner James Pallotta to Justin Kluivert

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Justin came on in 70th min and provided a beautiful assist for Dzeko's goal

8. Justin thinks: "Shit. Guess I go for that Lambo then" ;)

9. Louis van Gaal gaat duurste elftal ooit coachen
    Niemand minder dan Louis van Gaal wordt de trainer van een elftal dat meer dan twee miljard waard is.

10. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Janmaat's Watford a perfect 4-0 to start the season :thumbsup:

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Strootman also started in 4-2-3-1 vs Monaco. Marsellie came from behind to beat them 3-2. Was not bad in the new system. Hopefully the new system under Garcia will help him polish up into a complete midfield.

12. That's my Feyenoord boy, beating the crap out of the Totally Hotshit's. I hate them to pieces.
    I demand the same from PSV. Donot take prisoners, finish them off.:mad:

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depay not starting today. Thats interesting.

He might be one of those players you have to continueously bench to get some type of motivation out of him

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Klaassen's Werder Bremen sitting in 2nd spot so far in Bundesliga.

Klaassen has started a bunch of games as well

15. Dutchies are going strong in the BuLi:eek:

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dilrosun also had a decent game for Hertha.

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe the BL was a better fit for Klaassen??

I remember when Kluivert and Bergkamp both sucked shit in Serie A, but then suddenly blossomed in Liga and EPL respectively

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He might have done OK at Everton had Koeman not gotten sacked. Allerdyce really didn't like Klaassen and I don't think he even played once that change was made. He's playing a little deeper at Werder and they already have a #10 so he doesn't make the runs to the goal like he did at Ajax. I remember a time several years ago when he was recovering from a hamstring or groin problem and de Boer was playing him as the holding MF and I thought he did quite well at that position. Glad to see him doing well but still don't think he solves any NT problems in the MF.

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nah, he's just another vGinkel. Does OK in midfield but nothing special.

I'm happy he's doing well in BL though (so far)

Orange14 repped this.
  20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Klaassen scored the go ahead goal today and was MOTM.
    He apparently is becoming a fan favourite very quickly in Bremen.

And of course I'm a few Euros richer :thumbsup:

21. Kieft doet 'treurige constatering' over Ajax: 'Nog altijd niet in staat'
    VoetbalPrimeur.nl-2 uur geleden
    Het is 'treurig' om te constateren dat Ajax blijkbaar niet in staat is om zélf een spits op te leiden. Wim Kieft schrijft dat zaterdag in zijn column in

Oh dear.
    Seems Kieft is delusional believer Ajax, or any academy whatsoever, can develop a player into a striker of quality. He obviously thinks an academy can polish pebbles into diamonds.
    I've got a sobering surprise for you, Kieft.
    Academies donot polish pebbles into diamonds. Clubs status attracts talents and the best talents move to the highest status clubs academies when they're scouted by those clubs.
    So no, it's not about the failure of developing a striker, it's about the failure of scouting the best talents that can be polished into diamonds.
    If you deliver to the academy pebbles, you get very shiny pebbles.
    If you deliver them diamonds in the rough, you might end up with a shiny diamond.
    Sometimes diamonds in the rough are there for the picking, but they choose otherwise. One example is the very unfortunate Boadu, who played for Amsterdam Buitenveldert. They feel to have a better chance of breaking into the first team at AZ. So Ajax transfer policy is affecting academy recruiting capability.

Interesting article about the competition for the local talents between AZ and Ajax:
    https://nos.nl/artikel/2253579-ajax-az-en-de-strijd-om-het-noord-hollands-voetbaltalent.html

22. Unbelievable what Cocu had to deal with at Fenerbahçe. The president has spoken about what has been going on and basically people were obstructing Cocu and Koeman.
    Because of that he sacked the culprits in the staff coaches Turgay Altay, Alper Asci and Murat Öztürk.
    Also the players Volkan Demirel, since 2002 a ‘Fener’ player, Aatif Chahechouhe and Nabil Dirar were removed from the selection.
    https://www.ad.nl/buitenlands-voetbal/fenerbahce-baas-cocu-van-binnenuit-tegengewerkt~a4204ab4/