The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that post? So much wrong information.

MerlinRM, Saeta Rubia and osnap427 repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's gone at the end of the season. Just hope he can play at a decent level 'cos we are not going anywhere in CL even if he makes one blunder against the likes of Bayern, Barca, Juve.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I think we should be putting pressure on Milan for that kid in about a months time.

I don't really want De Gea, I feel he is overrated. He makes quite a few blunders himself.

Crimson repped this.
  4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    But.......... Riaola.

:sick::sick::sick:

5. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yeah, tell me Goalkeeper who never ever made blunder in his life? i know Navas probably gone but it's terrible to treat him like he is the only one who made mistakes sometimes.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's made far too many mistakes this year. Dortmund, Napoli, Sevilla, Las Palmas, Betis off the top of my head. Last year you could name a bunch of games where he'd got us points with his saves and hardly any bad games. That's what you expect from a GK at RM.

7. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i know and i agree he probably gone, but i was mo refering to statement that De Gea also made some mistakes. so my question where do you can find GK who hasn't made single mistake in his career?

Tobias19 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  8. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The point is that Keylor hasn't 'lost it' in terms of athleticism, since that save was vintage Keylor. If he's capable of that, that means his errors are simply regression to the mean, or in other words just bad luck. If that is the case, I don't want any other keeper. However, Casillas was also capable of pulling off a miracle save here and there but his overall game was poor.

Its hard to make a sound judgement without any data or continous observation in training. Both of these are restricted to the staff, so any discussion about Keylor here is meaningless. Yes Im aware its a forum about opinions, but making an opinion about Keylor at the moment with the knowledge that is available from watching games, is not partially but completely subjective.

9. DeRay30

DeRay30 Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You do realize that Madrid is the richest club in the world right? Money is never an obstacle.

10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the end, it's the performances in the actual games that matter. In combat sports, there's guys who are incredible at sparring and beasts in the gym, but mental midgets when it comes to official fights.

His mistakes are getting more frequent, he's up there in age too. As i said the game thread i think he's an awesome guy, but this just can't continue. For the record, i don't think Kiko is a much better solution at the moment, but he might step up.

J-Mezzy and MerlinRM repped this.
  11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is a good point. What I'm saying is that I'm still unsure if the sample size is sufficient. We know that hes a top professional and the way he responded to last year's De Gea drama indicates he doesn't have any problems with concentration or motivation. Maybe I'm biased by my affection for him, but I'm still not willing to give a verdict.

12. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's definitely finished at Madrid if I'm honest. I think he performed admirably prior to this season especially given the cluster******** he came into when he joined. However, he's been too poor this season for us to continue with him between the posts. That blunder today was just the final straw for most I think.

A lot of names being thrown about that I think would be quite difficult based on those clubs not wanting to sell. Many here seem hyped on the Milan kid and if he's that good and can step up to playing for a club with the expectations we have, then we potentially have a keeper for the next two decades if he's anything like Buffon.

Navas seems like a good guy but we need better and the margins for error at this level are far too slim. We need to start ensuring that the right players are on the roster and on the pitch (and this goes for all positions).

13. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I love Navas don't get me wrong but we are so close to winning titles, we can't be giving them up due to goalkeeper errors. So he needs to step up or he will be gone for sure.

Excape Goat repped this.
  14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't want to think about next season yet.

Zidane must address the situation now.He cannot wait for Navas to return to his old self. I can only think of benching him. Is there any other alternative? A break might be good for him....he can still turn around this season.

Zidane05 and AriGold repped this.
  15. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I understood tip toeing around Iker but Navas had 1 good season and a CL for us. Kiko needs to be given a chance ASAP or else more points will be dropped. Maybe even some time on the bench will motivate Navas to do better.

Hsain85 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. Marksman

Marksman Member

Dec 21, 2006
    First of all. No we are not. Manure is. In terms of revenue.

But that's besides the point.

Having money is not a plus when you are dealing with clubs that also have insane amount of money.

When De Gea was an option it wasn't because Manure wanted or needed to sell, but because De Gea didn't want to reniew the contract. We failed to sign him, he renewed until June 2019. So even if they don't qualify for CL this year, they are under no pressure to sell him atleast for another year.

Then you have Chelsea. Tibo hates life on the incest isles (of that I am sure) but that doesn't mean he will force a transfer at any cost, since they are about to be champions in the league and have a proper squad to challange for CL next year. Do Chelsea need the money? Well not really. They are the fifth club in terms of revenue in England and have only managed a profit twice since Roman took over. Did that stop them from spending big? No, not really. They are about to start building a new stadium, even tho they are in the red numbers every season. Plus Tibo has 2 more years on his contract, so again Chelsea are under no pressure to sale.

Neuer? I don't think I need to explain anything about him.

Then you have Oblak...

Selling him to us would mean suicide for any Atletico president. The club is on the rise and has been going head to head with the big boys in Europe and Spain and Oblak along with Griezmann is the center of that. They do need the money, definetly, but they don't need it from us. There are plenty of other teams that will splash big for him if he becomes available and Atletico won't have any trouble selling him for big without selling him to us.

Der Stegen... won't even bother.

Lloris? Well here's the thing. You could potentially buy him for the right money. But what is the right money. He is 30, he is a captian of team whos chairman is still not over Bale. They in the CL next year, so don't need the money. And are a team on the rise in the last few years. So yes, in theory he is not unbuyable but is he buyable for any sane amount of money (Expenses, return on investment trough marketing). No not really.

I would gladly get a new keeper since Navas did decline this year (his areal ability is literally non existent, and I wasn't one of the people who celebrated the failed signing of De Gea) but I have yet to see people give me realistic option that is better than Navas.

Anon. repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Flo is getting DDG this summer. ZZ was the obstacle last year. Since then, Keylor has regressed. When there is so many rumours about a buyout, tends to be true. Read: Ronaldo. Unless DDG changes his mind and signs a record contract at Utd. He's bit of a pussy so quite possible.

18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Keylor is still better than De Gea.

19. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think we probably end up with DDG this summer but... call me crazy... I'd rather stick with the Kiko/Keylor duo and see what happens. Navas hasn't regressed physically, he's just having a down season, and could very easily put another magnificent season together next year.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  20. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol. When was he he better to begin with? De gear is criminally underrated on here..almost to troll levels.

MiamiNative0722 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  21. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We have a hard month coming up. I don't see Zidane dropping him so I hope he can shake off the current rumors and mistakes and prove to Flo why he should stay and be our #1.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Navas with another blunder.

23. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh god. Imagine that happens in the Bernabeu against Bayern

24. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The guy has been blowing hot and cold for a while now, not sure whats going on with him but he better get his act together fast or he is history.

25. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    If anyone fails us this season it's going to be him. If he does this shit in the CL against Bayern or in the league against Barcelona he could cost us trophies.