The Official Welcome Danilo Luiz da Silva Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    No thanks. His passing would be abysmal for a midfielder.

That said, he looked good again today. He's proven to be a capable backup RB if nothing else. Once we sort out the CB situation with who comes back out of Vallejo and Llorente, we're set at the back for next year.

Crimson repped this.
  2. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I disagree, both from statistcal POV and from watching him from his days in Porto up until now.

[​IMG]

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The position you make the pass from, the pressure you're under, and the type of passes you're required to make as a midfielder are completely different then as a full back. Full backs make short passes or passes back to a defender or to a up to the winger. They aren't required to switch play, they aren't required to be creative, and they don't have to deal with heavy pressure.

We already have a wealth of midfielders, and we've already seen one full back to B2B conversion go awfully wrong already.

Doni, temesgen, Aimar 21 and 5 others repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Orite I'm gonna eat my words. Danilo is a complete idiot and sucks at defense. Our team was so good at covering him as our glaring weakness that we somehow overcame his suckage. Malaga made it a point to attack his flank repeatedly. I'm sure Juve plans to tear that area up.

http://www.managingmadrid.com/2017/5/25/15680790/modric-laid-his-life-in-the-path-of-danilo

The above article (with videos) will show you systematically how much Modric, Ramos and even Marcelo had to cover for his ass sucking defensively. I hope we're not screwed...I really hope Carvajal is match ready against Juventus. If Carvajal doesn't start, we need Nacho in RB. No way we play Danilo and not get absolutely hammered down that flank. Allegri is no idiot, he's one of the best tactical minds in Italian football because he has created a lot of balance in that Juve side, and he probably took some good notes on our biggest weakness over the past couple of days.

5. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just to be clear, are you talking about Lass Diarra?

6. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought he was talking about Coentrao.

Zidane05 and saadomar repped this.
  7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably. Lass was the other way around.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    No, Coentrao.