The Official Welcome Danilo Luiz da Silva Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Mar 31, 2015.

1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't get to watch the match so I figured I'd watch the highlights. First thing they show: A Danilo Own Goal.

Can we get rid of this guy this summer please? Just be done with it. I can't wait for Carvajal to be back so this guy can sit up in the stands or something. I'd rather let a Castilla player or Nacho get a shot at RB, hell I'd play Ramos RB before I play Danilo in this team again. Atrocious!

2. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This guy is garbage. Flo probably thought he was really pulling a fast one on Barca when we brought him.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Other bad players:

Pedro Leon at least saved us against AC Milan with a last minute equalizer.

Drenthe looking good here:

Pedro Leon and Drenthe, I thanked them for those two moments! What have Danilo done for the club?

4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pedrito wasn't a bad one, just never worked out with Mourinho. Drenthe though is Danilol level, although he had some good moments with Pellegrini at LB.

Digital and Excape Goat repped this.
  5. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    DAT milan team though

I just dont get why we keep giving players like danilo and benzema chances when theyve not lived up to the task. atleast benzema is OK but we expect so much better but whats the deal with danilo seriously the guy does much more harm than good, he doesnt even do any good in the first place

Excape Goat repped this.
  6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Amazing he is still playing for this team.

7. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Danilo plays when there's no other choice.

Benzema plays minimum 70 minutes every game because Zidane has a soft spot for him. I wonder how would that work out if he wasn't French with Algerian descent.

The club being a hostage of Ronaldo's greatness is one thing, but the club being hostage of Zidane's mental weakness is something else.

8. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did anyone notice when he was laughing after scoring the own goal? He just stood there grinning sarcastically similar to what Ronaldo always does. It's like he's oblivious to how bad he is and how much every Real Madrid fan (and probably players too) would like to rip his head off.

I'll try post a video later on if I can.

Excape Goat repped this.
  9. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I think that goal was just unlucky and dude was probably in wtf state thinking how can it get this bad.
    It's like when things are going so bad that crying or breaking stuff is just not going to cut it, so people laugh instead.

Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pretty much yeah, a FML reaction.

Zidane05 repped this.
  11. King John Blaze

King John Blaze Red Card

May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neither were bad. Or at least they weren't a liability.

Excape Goat repped this.
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    A player with no self confidence is a shell of himself. Problem is, it's tough to gain your confidence back at a club like Real Madrid.

Crimson, Digital, -Reivax- and 5 others repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's the point. I don't think he's bad, he was actually quite brilliant for Porto on occasion, the problem is that right now he's playing like his life depends on it and he's having meltdown after meltdown. I think he's a lot like Diogo who will find his peace and quiet after signing with a smaller scale club and his performances will improve.

The size of the club isn't for everyone.

Digital and temesgen repped this.
  14. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    It's mental as best I can tell and I'm willing to be patient with a fullback who struggles to add anything going forward because they are nervous but when the fullback is constantly out of position for defensive responsibilities that's pretty much career ending and we've see that from him time and time again. He is out of position too often which is inexcusable.

15. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    That's precisely the thing. On Celta's goal I forgive the unlucky own goal. What inexcusable is not hustling to cover the wide open attacker that he is facing as the play develops in full view. No sense of positioning, anticipation, urgency until it's far too late. Even the smirk at the end makes me wonder if he thinks it's "oh well, bad luck" as opposed to "yeah, my bad - I should have been there way earlier".
    And, for the sake of argument, even if Z had told him to push up there is no way that Z allows a full-back to completely ignore defensive responsibilities when the other side has the ball - and especially not in the beginning of a 0-0 game.

temesgen repped this.
  16. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/02/12/58a05f7e268e3ed0768b4592.html

So Danilo likely doesn't have an ankle injury at all? Hmmmm, hope he wasn't faking it but we will never know for sure. I'm just glad Carvajal is getting back. Hopefully, that's the end of Danilo at RM. I'm thankful for the service-able performance he put in for Undecima Final, but his time is over. Sell this guy, the sooner Danilo is behind us the better.

17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Illarramendi level stuff. They can't handle being in the spot light with the big boys.

18. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Illarra actually showed SOMETHING. He was placed out of his position, Danilo tho is playing on his position and still sucks. zizou even tries a system (352)that would benefit Danilo defensively and even that has failed miserably. Its enough, sell him this summer.

temesgen, MiamiNative0722 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    WTF, are you serious with this stuff? Come on now, let's keep some sense.

-Reivax-, Crimson, sleepyvato50 and 3 others repped this.
  20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    830896337029824512 is not a valid tweet id

21. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    FAKE INJURY! SEE YOU IN COURT!

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That same picture was in the article that he posted in his post!

23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've given him the benefit of the doubt, but he's been given enough chances and he is perpetually awful. I'm 100% ready to sell

saadomar repped this.
  24. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #599 saadomar, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    I plead an alternative fact. [​IMG]

Zidane05, MiamiNative0722 and AriGold repped this.
  25. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watch him play and it seems to me that he can probably play a B2B role like Pogba, Vidal and Nainggolan. He has the physique, engine, shot and passing to do so. Zidane should experiment with dis.