The Official Tiffany Cherry appreciation thread {R}

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by babytiger2001, Apr 3, 2005.

1. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll open with a quote from one of my footy-loving mates, from the AFL Round 1 thread...

And quite frankly, when it's between the likes of "Dr. Smooth" Peter Larkins, Dipper, and Tiffany Cherry, it's no contest, really. :)

[​IMG]

Not to mention, she once winked at me, at Telstra Dome. :cool:

2. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More pics of the great woman, taken from an interview she did last year on BomberBlitz.com, an Essendon fans' site...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn good interview, too...

3. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    LOL

I have made a new forum for all you footy loving ppl. bigafl.9.forumer.com is the addy. You can talk about footy over there as well as here. Oh and it will rival bigfooty.

4. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    wow, she winked!!!!!!!! OMG, thats nutz! lol, well i guess she's not too bad. she does look mighty short though in that link you put of there (the second pic).

5. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think she's particularly short -- but then again, I'm 5-foot-6 myself.

Compare her to Paul Hazelby, the Freo ruckman, in the other pic from that BomberBlitz article (I think it's Hazelby)...

[​IMG]

She's better than "not too bad" -- she looks great, on-air or off-air. But she's more than just a pretty face, she's very smart, too... I don't think she would have made the jump from being in the medical field to that in the media if she wasn't so smart.

I'm really tempted to tell the story about when Tiff winked at me -- but I know that when my wife finds this thread, she'll give me all kinds of mental cruelty for it! :D

6. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    Tiffany Cherry is one great person. I liked her when she was on ch.7. But now that she has changed to foxfooty. I miss seeing her. I have to put up with Hutchy!

7. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Craig Hutchison's not so bad, he does great work on Triple M, on their Saturday night footy matches.

But I can tell you who I'd rather be looking at. :p

8. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oh come on William, you're not scared of a woman are you? :p

Tell the story!

9. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I'll tell the story! It might not rank right up there with the "Nutmeg's Soccer Babe" tale that's on the FFA forum, but here goes... :D

My wife Jennifer and I were attending a "Women In Footy" panel discussion last year at Telstra Dome. And what a pretty good panel was there, too -- AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou, Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy, Jo Stanley from Melbourne station FOX FM, Beverly O'Connor from Channel Seven and the Melbourne Football Club (she's their vice president), and the lovely and talented Tiffany Cherry, as well as one or two others. Now that I recall, Samantha Lane (Tim Lane's lovely daughter) was on the panel, too, from both Network Ten and the Sportal network, so Tiff wasn't by far the lone media person there.

Unbeknownst to us, it was an all-female audience as well. I think I might have been the only bloke in the crowd, seriously. Basically, I was there to support my wife in the crowd, which was my intention.

And we had prime seats, too -- two rows from the panel on the dais... and right in front of Tiffany. Up close, she is a goddamn beautiful woman, and I am not ashamed in admitting that. And she is a damned good reporter, too; she impresses me every time I see her on Fox Footy.

So we're listening to the speakers on the evening's events, and it might have even happened when either Sheeds or Sam Lane was speaking, but I caught a glimpse of Tiffany out of more than a corner of my eye, and saw that she was winking at me.

So Jennifer and I are walking upstairs from the seating area afterwards, and I commented that Tiff winked at me. Jen said she saw it, and she wasn't too happy.

She enjoyed the presentation, otherwise, though. :)

10. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    As long as she didn't get a bit of grapefruit in her eye from her breakfast that morning! ;)

11. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing that the "Women in Footy" chat was in the evening, I don't see that as being a problem. :cool:

You know what, folks? I wish I had access to that screen-shot technology, so that I can truly post some current (read: same-night) pictures of the great reporter herself. :)

12. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    You missed the Seinfeld reference mate. ;)

13. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I caught it. But as Tiffany would do, I'm letting the facts tell the story. :)

14. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the AFL, Round 3 {R} thread:

Are you insinuating that Tiffany is *gasp* *sob sob* a bottle blonde? :eek:

15. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    If the bottle fits, yes... yes I am. :p

16. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will admit, that since Fox Footy went to air in 2002, and when it hired Tiffany away from Seven to make her an original member of its on-air staff, it seems that Tiff's appearance has softened a bit. The degree of bright-blonde in her hair color, and the deep tan she has, I don't think she had that back in '02. But whether that was her doing or any perceived attempt on the part of Foxtel to soften her on-air image, it has worked.

Or maybe it's just me noticing all of this. :)

17. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    lol!
    She changes her hair colour all the time. Wouldn't have a clue on why though but it seems to get a couple of fellas here aroused in some way!

18. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    ha!

this thread is classic. william/babytiger, ok i will lay off, i feel as if i were present when you wrote your reply, i'd be like 'wooooo, chill out fella, its ok, suuuuuuuuuure, she likes you, she really does.' ;)

so i have also learned the curtains do no match the carpet (kids, don't ask, its an adult comment). so do we have any recent shots of her to get me to lean more in favor of her?

19. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So says someone without Fox Footy in her own home. ;)

20. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those recent pics are on the first page of this thread. OK, I should say that those are "relatively recent", seeing the BomberBlitz.com article was only published last year.

Her appearance hasn't changed much, if at all, since then... drop-dead gorgeous, and a great reporter, too. :)

21. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Tiffany was working the Western Derby between Fremantle and West Coast at the weekend.

Yummo. :)

22. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    If Fifi Box was the biggest and most juiciest lobster, Tiffany would be the fish John West rejects! :p

23. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last night, my wife and I were watching the replay of this match, the final quarter of it... and eventually, "White Line Fever", where Tiff gives the news updates.

When Tiff appeared on screen to give the news of the day, Jen just gave her the finger. :eek:

24. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Jen's not bitter at all, is she?

25. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, I doubt it. But if she does this at a game we attend, sitting boundary side, on a game that Tiff is working, then she might show that she would...

But for now, I can see that she's paying attention. :eek: