The Official New Jersey Devils Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by Michael K., Oct 5, 2005.

1. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I'll never forget what he did to Hollweg. It looked like a jackhammer repeatedly pounding on Hollweg's face. The Devils were all over the Rangers a few days ago. Take Hollweg out of the lineup, your only hitter is Kaspar. And the job Pandolfo did on Jagr was incredible. Completely shut him down. And I'm surprised Gomez doesn't wear an A on his sweater.

2. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Thanks -
    let me tell you, it is great to see the Rangers do well - nothing better than a good derby. Plus, through Jason, I know several of the Rangers. He was teammates with Hollweg at the selects, which is a jamboree for the best 15-year-olds in the US. They both played on Team Pacific Coast- which were perennial patsies until they came along. (How many hockey players are from the left coast, and Alaska is too sparse). Also know Jed O., Montoya, Helminen (still at Hartford) - and being a bit of an egghead - so my friends say - good to see guys like Moore. Met Mike Richter after a Yale game, and knew someone who livestwo floors below him near 79th. Have even met Rod Gilbert (opening night of this season, at my neighborhood watering hole) even!) It's all good. And I know it's OK to hate the Devs - because there's that thread of respect.
    Might even see you at a Red Bull game (funny how it reads!) There are about three or four Chels who sit in the ESC section.

3. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are pretty good moves. Depth on the blue line is always good but I don't really know how much talent these guys really have. These trades won't turn up bad because they gave up nothing for these guys.

4. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another loss to the Islanders last night. I can't understand why the Islanders own the Devils this year.

5. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yeah, and next year we play em ten (10) times! I saw personally the only victory, Jan. 24, at the Nassau Mausoleum.

6. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 win vs. Pittsburgh with Jason Weimer scoring. I forgot to mention him as an aquisition at the deadline. His addition gives us a very good 4th line with Weimer, Janssen and Rasmussen.

7. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    well, I see, but my nephew plays the fourth line.
    the healthy scratches vs. Ottawa were the three biggest players on the team: Kozlov, Tallackson, and Ryznar. Does one play "runt patrol" vs. the likes of Chara?

8. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last nights loss to Atlanta was terrible. We are only about 12 games from the playoffs and the Devils need to get a better seed. They are 7th now but only a few points behind Tampa. Now is not the time for them to start struggling being so close to the playoffs. Let's hope they get back on track and especially since Ken Danyeko night is soon. I hope it is as good a ceremony as it was for Scott Stevens.

9. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tonight in fact.

10. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My mistake. I am looking foward to a good win tonight and a great ceremony. I also saw that Scott Gomez will be out indefinitely. The last thing we need are injuries especially to such key players like Gomez.

11. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I'm really stupid because Gomez just scored. ESPN got its facts wrong. ESPN hates hockey. :D

12. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't posted here in a while but during that time Devils got on a big winning streak. I think that we are up to the 6 seed and would go up against the Rangers. That would be a kick ass series with the big rivalry between the Devils and Rangers.

13. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thrashing of the Flyers last night. During this big streak, the Devils have beaten two possible playoff opponents in the Rangers and the Flyers. If the Devils can carry this momentum into the playoffs, look for them to make a very big run.

14. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    It's been a great run - the Rangers are scared s##less of us!!!

15. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make it 10 in a row. I believe that it's the third time we beat Philadelphia in this streak. The Devils still have a shot to win the division. If they win and Philly and the Rangers lose then the division and home ice for some rounds will go to the Devils.

16. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    the Devils rule - Ranger fans will never understand it...........

17. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't matter what Philly does. The Devils need one more point than the Rangers to win the division, as they'll win the tiebreaker with both teams.

18. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three third-period goals to edge the Habs and overtake the Rangers on the last night of the regular season.
    Ha. Ha. Ha.

19. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an incredible comeback!

20. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Devils Rule! Of course!
    Happy to see that when the season is over, the natural order has been restored. Rangers will always be our slaves!

21. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    11 in a row going into the playoffs while the Rangers are playing like shite. The Devils have to dominate the Rangers in these playoffs like they always do.

22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Rangers (still) SUK!!! haha

loved the chant went it went to 4-1 - "MAR-TY'S BET-TER!!"

23. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I Love It.
    Am At Game - (nephew's A Devil , But On Reserve).
    Rags Have Just Taken Two Lousy Penalties. Hahaha

24. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  25. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rangers have no neutral attack besides Jaromir Jagr and they look in trouble.