The Official Legia Warszawa Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by karny9, Jul 4, 2006.

1. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    Its official now - Legia signed Takesure Chinyama

Transfers:
    Players signed:
    Błażej Augustyn (Bolton)
    Martins Ekwueme (Polonia Warszawa)
    Kamil Grosicki (Pogoń Szczecin)
    Jakub Rzeźniczak (powrót z wypożyczenia)
    Wojciech Skaba (Odra Wodzisław)
    Inaki Astiz Ventura (Osasuna Pampeluna)
    Jakub Wawrzyniak (Widzew Łódź)
    Takesure Chinyama (Groclin Grodzisk Wlkp.)
    Paweł Kozub (Sandecja Nowy Sącz)

Marcin Folc (Zagłębie Sosnowiec)
    Łukasz Grzeszczyk (Znicz Pruszków)
    Enio Krastowczew (Marek Dupnica - I LIKE THE NAME LOL)
    Krystian Prymula (Zagłębie Sosnowiec)
    Piotr Giza (Cracovia) - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... PRETTY PLEASE

Players leaving the club:
    Mamadou Balde (back to France - he was on a loan)
    Łukasz Fabiański (Arsenal Londyn)
    Piotr Włodarczyk (Zagłębie Lubin)
    Łukasz Surma (Arka Gdynia?)

Junior (might not be included in the 25 squad so...)
    Grzegorz Bronowicki (rumours)

2. GKS Belchatow

GKS Belchatow New Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Bełchatów
    Takesure Chinyama is a talented player... Very strong and fast forward... But why did you sign with him now? You have a chance to buy him in winter. You were testing him then, but you said "he is too weak for us".
    So why did you sign him now?

3. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    Well that was what Wdowczyk said and IMO he never was a good manager when it comes to transfers.

4. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    Surma went to Isreale to undergo medical test. Now its more probable that he will go to Maccebi Haifa than to Arka.

5. zezz45

zezz45 New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    hi legia fans !

i am maccabi haifa fan from israel and today your's captain Lukasz Surma will sign a contract in our club.

what can you tell me about surma ? he's good player ? what his position in the field ? and any other thing that you can tell me about him.

6. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    He is a defensive central midfielder. Typical destructor, and he is good at it. He's also very decent in defence, not too creative when it comes to offence thou, but he also has a nice shot from distance.

The lack of creativity in offence is his biggest minus, but there's also a pig plus, which is his stability. I mean he plays on the same level all season - he doesn't have so man brilliant games, but also not many weak ones.

Legia wants to sell him just because it was time for some major changes here. He surely won't be a star but you will be satisfied :D

7. zezz45

zezz45 New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    we play in 4-4-2 system and we have already graet brazilian holding midfielder, we need central midfielder next to him that know to defence and also to attack, so surma isn't that kind of player ? is he knows to pass smart balls to the strikers ? is he can join the attack from the "second line" and surprise the opponent team ?

8. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    He joins attacks but not too often and tries to shoot from long range sometimes.
    He can pass smart balls... once a season... or maybe twice...
    Surma is the same position as this brazilian guy you mentioned. He isn't and never will be a playmaker, he's a good destructor and holding midfielder, thats all.

So I guess Maccabi is buying a bench player...

9. zezz45

zezz45 New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    thanks a lot for all that information, you help me so much.
    our coach isn't with attacking mind,regretfully he will play with 2 holding midfielders so surma will not be on the bench.

10. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    Ashamed to be a Lefia Fan right now...

11. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7002984

VILNIUS, Lithuania (AP) - Polish fans stormed the field and clashed with riot police at halftime of a soccer game between and a Polish and a Lithuanian team Sunday.

Lithuanian TV footage showed police in riot gear using tear gas to disperse the fans. About 100 fans were arrested, Lithuanian police said. Most of those arrested were later released. One officer and a handful of fans received minor injuries, police said.

Vetra FC, which is based in Vilnius, was leading 2-0 in an Intertoto Cup match when hundreds of Legia Warsaw fans ran onto the field during the break, trying to tear down the goal nets and vandalizing billboards. The players and officials had left the field.

The referee immediately abandoned the match. The teams never came back on the field.

It was not immediately clear whether the result would stand.

no kidding, that's very bad
    PZPN is saying that IF (a big IF) the return leg is played it will be 300km outside of Warsaw or behind closed doors, additional punishment might follow after official reports are filed by UEFA reps

oh, and the final score was set at 3:0 for Vetra FC

12. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    jakby grali w pilke a nie przegrywali z jakimis ogorkami to by byl spokoj. sami sa sobie winni :rolleyes:

13. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that is very foolish!!! especially after us trying to clean up the image of the league after the scandal... and us "earning" a Euro 2012

14. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    this image is uncleanable and i dont think anything wll change anytime soon

15. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    Dawid Janczyk will probably go to CSKA Moscow for about 4.2 million Euro.

That would be a highest sum paid for transfer from OE ever.

16. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    well, for one thing Legia is waiting to hear what the full punishment from UEFA will be

if after years of fines for this type of behavior, UEFA bans Legia from playing in Europe for some seasons then Legia will suffer greatly

they will not be able to acquire top players and possibly see an exodus of present talent as few top stars will want to play there if Legia is banned from UEFA games... also current sponsorship might suffer and the plans for the new stadium might be reconsidered

i hope this happens as it will be an example to other teams (including Lechia) to finally control their fans and try to instill more civilized behavior in their stadiums

17. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well... if they do get punished. Wisla will gladly welcome some of Legia's players with open arms :D

18. kasia

kasia New Member

Sep 17, 2006
    I don't follow the Polish league but isn't Wisla ten times worse?
    I hope the police seriously crack down on these neanderthals. Clubs should also sue the hooligans in the civil courts.

19. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    the fines wont change a thing. it can destroy the club but it wont destroy hooliganism. on the contrary - the less money club has the less it will spend on fighting hooliganism. im not for or against it so i can be a bit controversial but just trying to look at both sides of te coin. there always was hooliganism there still is and is everywere (even england who claims it has won, they just moved to the streets which for me really makes no difference) furthermore it will be around football probably forever. its like the war on drugs. you arrest one dealer and another two pop into his place. unwinnable. best thing governments can do is what england did, but is that really a solution?

20. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    http://www.uefa.com/competitions/intertotocup/news/kind=1/newsid=560167.html

UEFA threw out Legia out of the current Intertoto Cup and banned them from an additional year of European Cup competition should they qualify in the next five years, Legia is also to pay Vetra FC for the damages

UEFA also added this in closing:

"Legia must react quickly and firmly if the club wishes to participate in UEFA competition in future. With Legia's considerable disciplinary record for away matches, the duty of playing matches against Legia becomes a tall order that UEFA cannot afford to support any longer."

looks like much harsher penalties might follow if the problem is not fixed

21. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    i thought it would be worse

22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well considering they can't play in Europe at all this year... and won't be able to play in Europe the next time they qualify for it if they do so in the next 5 years. i'd say thats pretty good punishment. out for at least a year, better than a slap on the wrist, but not laying the hammer down quite yet :)

23. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    considering the score at half time, Legia was not gonna play in Europe much this season already

i think they got off easy considering their prior transgressions

24. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    exactly. thats just one more season, probably the next one, and the fine is over

25. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stupid behaviour like this has to be stopped and I think the punishment was appropriate. Hopefully the ultras shape up and don't ruin the next time we play in Europe.