The Official Jesse Fioranelli thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jan 5, 2017.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1676 falvo, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    He is Swiss-Italian. He also lived in Italy for a very long time and his dad is Italian too. Not sure if his dad ever ended up in jail or not. Maybe I'll read up on him some day......

Beerking repped this.
  2. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    So how long does Jesse have before he gets shown the door?

Beerking repped this.
  3. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    I don't care if he's from Burkina Faso as long as he's shown the door, the sooner the better.

4. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm....

5. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I know I talked about this before, but I can't get over how Stahre just throws all the players under the bus like that. I don't care who fired him, I'm just glad he's gone. Good riddance.

I also like how he talked about how the organization wasn't strong enough. As if he wasn't directly responsible for how the team was organized on the field. Maybe that's a language issue or something, but man, multiple expletives that guy.

6. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that we have to expect Mika to be a bit bitter, so I'm taking everything he says with a couple of cups of salt.

He got sacked. He can't be happy. I'm sure he thinks that given time and the necessary support he could have turned this ship around. Now I disagree with that, emphatically. However, I'm sure that's Mika's perspective.

The article quoted above does suggest that Jesse's days are numbered, or perhaps he's just on a very short leash.

From my conversation with Jesse, I think he understands that he and Mikael misjudged the level of talent necessary to compete in this league, and I think that Jesse is correcting his thinking and has identified at least a few players to sign, or try to sign.

We'll see, but I wouldn't be shocked if Jesse gets the boot at the end of this season. And then Fox and Chris Leitch will lead the search for a new head coach and GM.

GO Quakes!!

- Mark

7. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    You make my mouth water when you say stuff like that. :D

8. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    markmcf8 and SoccerMan94043 repped this.
  9. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hate the Flounders and their fans. And did you know that the HOV lanes in Shittle are 24/7?! And traffic blows. And it's really expensive to live there. Puke.

So ...

Keep Jesse?

or

Sack Jesse?

What say you all?

Go Quakes!!

- Mark

11. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Beerking repped this.
  12. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
  13. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Please tell me he didn't sign Eriksson to a multi-year contract!!!! If he did, that alone should result in his firing...

Beerking repped this.
  14. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idea was sound. Get a guy who is big, reasonably physical, plays a good cross, has a wicked shot, is "proven" in the Swedish first division. The problem is that he lacks the necessary footspeed.

Fundamentally, Eriksson knows what he should do, he's just not good enough to do it. Mostly, because he's too damn slow. And then he gets frustrated, and he commits stupid fouls. And he's taken to diving because he's not fast enough to make the plays he wants to make.

His piss poor responses to his own abject lack of speed is what makes me say that he's shit. And he's a liability to our team, no doubt about it.

But as for his signing, the idea was right, but the execution was wrong.

Go Quakes!!

- Mark

Sactown Soccer repped this.
  15. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was born there, and grew up nearby. I think it is a great city. Sounder fans are no different than any other fans, (except they can at least vote out there GM!) Traffic sucks here in San Jose as well, and it is also really expensive to live here. So there.

markmcf8 repped this.
  16. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a lot of things to like about Seattle. When I go there, I like to take the train. It's every bit as fast as driving or flying, and I don't have to pay to park my car. It's a fun place to eat and drink, it rains only a little more than here (Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR), and I like the rain in any case.

I was just running down the city because as a Quakesfan, it's my duty. And I know that the traffic in San José is awful. I almost got hit twice by other drivers last time I drove there. (August of this year.)

Go Quakes!!
    Go Quakesfans!!

- Mark

bobby_guzman repped this.
  17. DasMoots

DasMoots Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

Sack

markmcf8 repped this.
  18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It could happen but I doubt it. The LA Galaxy "mutually agreed to part company" with Ruud Gullit and their general manager Alexi Lalas the day after the Earthquakes beat them 3-2 at the Oakland Alameda Coliseum in 2008. Trouble is the Quakes don't do things as swiftly as the Gals.

19. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    After JD, I had incredibly high hopes for Fioranelli, but he stepped wrong numerous times on player selection...some big clueless whiffs that cost us big money. Our midfield general (yeah, right), Godoy, received a new contract prior to the season. Erickson was given a 3 year contract. I'm sure Vako is locked in for a similar amount of years...devastating lack of judgment and prolonged detrimental effect if we can't get rid of them.

The tipping point...

If he was applying pressure on Stahre to play to Erickson...the vibe would have been picked up by others in the building. If true, you would think his days would be numbered. Just depends how much support he has within the staff. Or if a few trusted people like Leitch, Ralston and to some degree, Russell...guys who have been around many years... can give the owners the straight dope on Mr. Fioranelli.

I do believe there was pressure to play some of his poor signings. For that reason alone he needs to go.

How can you give the same guy who devastated team performance to historic lows a shot at the rebuild!?

Hopefully ownership will realize, we can't rebuild the team with him calling the shots at GM.

20. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I wonder if anybody still has confidence in Jesse.

I have about as much confidence as I have in the folks on this board being able to spell Eriksson corrrectly...

markmcf8, Beerking and Sactown Soccer repped this.
  21. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Evidently the vibe was picked up by Ralston, who curiously continues to play Magnus. :)

bobby_guzman and markmcf8 repped this.
  22. Venceremos

Venceremos Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Oh yes they are...very...."different"

bobby_guzman and don gagliardi repped this.
  23. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of 42,000. If we had 42,000 show up on a regular basis we might have one like that as well.:thumbsup:

Venceremos repped this.
  24. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we had 42,000 show up on any kind of basis, Avaya Stadium would literally collapse under the weight of too many people per seats available. ;)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

markmcf8 repped this.
  25. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    There are two weirdos leading chants in that video, and apparently an entire end zone taking its lead from them. :)

SJTillIDie and Venceremos repped this.