The Official Jesse Fioranelli thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jan 5, 2017.

1. SalinasQuakesFan

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    How bout you are the coach until you're not? No "labels" needed.

2. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like you, I find a lot of things to like about Jesse, and like you, I find things to be critical of.

* He says that we tried to sign players from within MLS and just weren't able to close any of those deals. That may well be true. Though we may also have not offered enough to get them. (Or maybe we've been so bad for so long that many players don't want to come here until they see us actually improve?)

I'm with you on the cognitive dominance bit.

** I would have been happy to see Leitch carry on for a whole off-season and season. But I was also alright with replacing him if Jesse had a really good coach in mind. Instead, we hired Stahre, who I consider a dud. I don't much care if the players are listening to him and trying to do better, even if we played as well as possible with the guys we have in this formation with these tactics, we'd still suck. We'd just suck less.

I'm not sure that TT has been sick. Maybe, but he's been active and doing a lot.

And you're right, Mika doesn't rate TT, which makes Mika a piss poor evaluator of talent.

This season will end in disaster, or perhaps, it's already over and we're just waiting for the official notice, and maybe a another new coach.

Whatever, as fans, we're completely screwed.

GO Quakes!!
    Fire Dim Stahre!!

- Mark

3. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    That's what I'm saying. He was not "interim" (according to Jesse), meaning he is simply coach until he is not, like any other coach.

4. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I have no idea what may have happened with these current attempts to sign MLS players. However, I do know that in years past one obstacle to signing players (especially married players) was the cost of living and housing. The same salary can go a lot farther in many other US MLS markets than in San Jose.

5. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Generally I don't believe the players have a say in where they go, although in some cases teams will be "nice" and try to consider what the player wants. For example, Richard Mulrooney wanted to leave the Quakes ostensibly to be closer to family, so the Quakes complied. I think a similar thing was done for Jeff Agoos.

But I think the more typical situation would be for someone like Todd Dunivant, who could only hope "please let it be LA" when he heard he'd been traded. He wanted it to be LA (and it turned out to be the case) but he had not control over it, or veto power over it, unless he wanted to leave MLS.

6. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JazzyJ, the chicken and steak metaphor is perfect.

Putting the pieces in this thread together, it does sound like Jesse wants 3-5-2 but Stahre may not know how to implement it, especially with the players we have. I feel we don't have the passing skill and quick thinking to play 3-5-2, nor do the guys currently slated for the outside wings (Magnus and Vako) have the energy to run back and forth so much.

7. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Did somebody say, chicken fried steak? Yum. :)

bsman and SoccerMan94043 repped this.
  8. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I miss the chicken fried chicken that Chili's used to serve :(

9. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I miss the chili that Kentucky Fried Chicken used to serve.:(

Beerking and SoccerMan94043 repped this.
  10. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did anyone ask Jesse or Jared about the "small market" bullshit?

11. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but he did talk about how financially committed the owner(s) is/are.

Are we considered to have one, or multiple, owners?

bobby_guzman repped this.
  12. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    As I recall, Jesse said that no request had been refused by ownership. Of course, we don't know what was requested. I'd like to request Lionel Messi. And Kip Colvey. I'll settle for Colvey. :)

13. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So basically no one asked. To me that was the most important concern.

I guess I'll have to renew my season tickets just so I can go ask this question myself next year, when we will most likely lose another shit ton of games and Jesse will have to be trotted out as cannon fodder--if he's still around then.

Maybe we can lose a ton more games this year and Jesse will need to trot out for another fan Q&A. I'll attend that one for sure. Then I can cancel my tixs for next season in peace.

I just want some closure before calling it quit on my short-lived Quakes season ticket career. If Sharks get Tavares next year, I'll be looking to spend my money on split-season tixs with other Sharks fans instead.

14. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly what is your question? Before the Q&A, I had a printout of my long list, and Jesse offered to schedule an appointment to talk about my Q’s. I haven’t set it up yet, but I could add your Q to my list.

15. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Why not simply call up the Quakes and ask to be connected to Jesse? (Tell the receptionist you've got a lead on a cheap left back.)

I didn't ask a single question at the Q&A, yet I'll be renewing. The Quakes are an addiction, and we both need our fix. You wouldn't be here on Quakes Fans Anonymous if you weren't a junkie like me. :)

Boysinblue repped this.
  16. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Or, bobby, you could hire MJ as your agent. :)

17. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Also, turns out Jesse is speaking to those purchasing Little Italy tickets immediately before the DC United game on Saturday night. So, bobby, since you unloaded your tickets, you could simply buy a Little Italy ticket, which comes with a cool scarf and an opportunity to meet with Jesse.

Downside is you got to go to the game. Life is so unfair. :)

falvo repped this.
  18. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

Bobby Guzmanini?

19. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Gooz, or Bobby "the Goo" Guzamani.

bsman repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    After this 1-3 DCU loss at home, its time for Fioranelli to call another Sunday morning meeting.

21. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The coach and almost the entire roster are Fraudanelli's responsibility. If anyone is convening a head chopping meeting for Sunday morning, it should be Fisher.

Give Leitch the GM spot for the rest of the season and let him pick a coach--Ian Russell, Ralston, someone else from the Academy system, even himself. Evaluate the young players, try to move older ones to other teams for prospects.....But for everyone's sake, don't let Fraudanelli continue. Focus on unf--king the mess he's made for the rest of 2018 as it is already a lost season.

Stop digging the hole.

Beerking, nivla, falvo and 1 other person repped this.
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’ve been posting this for a while. Fisher should be on top of or involved with everything.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #998 falvo, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Caro Fioranelli , mi dispiace ma devi tornare in Italia perché l’America non è per te!

Assolutamente devi lasciare!

Addio casa e bottega , bottega e casa!

Buona notte al secchio!

Chi s’è visto s’è visto!

Ciao bello ciao!

24. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to add the sign language to go with that.
    [​IMG]

alexiskool1991 repped this.