The Official Jesse Fioranelli thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jan 5, 2017.

1. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Play the rookie.

markmcf8 repped this.
  2. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Ibrahimovic

3. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    A PDL forward is big news?

Transfermarkt has his value at $75K

This is not a big deal.

bobby_guzman, markmcf8 and Beerking repped this.
  5. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Can't even use Doyle jokes anymore, like "Doyle was asked to sign Darwin, so he did!"

bobby_guzman and bsman repped this.
  6. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct, maybe for the pdl forward it is.

bsman repped this.
  7. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    So will it be Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic?

8. tenfourteen

tenfourteen Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Ross Barkley

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There are more Portuguese in San Jose/ Santa Clara than bosnian/swedes....

10. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lord baby Jesus please no.......

Beerking repped this.
  11. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Broken and old, I wouldn't have him if he was delivered on a silver platter.

12. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    TICK-TOCK JESSE..........:mad:

bobby_guzman repped this.
  13. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In our last six matches we are: L-D-W-L-L-D

I'm cherry picking a little because we won the two matches prior to this. Still, we are 1-2-3 over our last six, with three of those at home. Our one win being on the road.

We could complain that the L at Portlandia should have been a win or draw, but even that would not substantially improve our trajectory.

We suck.

So whoever Jesse does or does not get for us, when does Dom get the ax? It's past time for him to be sacked. How bad does it have to get for our top brass and or owners to decide that he must go?

I'm OK with Jesse playing it close to the vest on players we are trying to sign. If we don't get the guy we really don't want that public. And we might never have heard of the guy we're signing. That's fine too. I want a younger guy - as Jesse allegees - I want a guy who can play ACM - check - I want a guy who can score - also allegedly so. I'll be happy if we get a good player, I'll be happier if we get a new coach, because this one doesn't want to play our magical ACM at ACM.

Dom OUT!!

- Mark

bobby_guzman repped this.
  14. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    markmcf8 repped this.
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  16. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's a rumor from an anonymous source. So it must be true.
    -- Washington Post

17. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke with Chris Dangerfield* prior to KC game, and he said an announcement could be made this week...he knows who the player is, and is sworn to secrecy and says "he's been scoring goals in the league he plays in".....(2nd tier team in Greenland? Who knows)...Chris did say he was excited when he learned of the signing....It would be nice to be able to debut a new DP at the LA/Stanford match, but highly unlikely.....:(

Not sure one player can repair this wreck of an offense......

**yes he works for the team and some consider him a "homer", so take his comments as you wish.

mjlee22 repped this.
  18. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! Dude sounds like he reads my posts! Oh wait, he must just be a soccer fan.

It is obvious that we don't know how to do throw-ins, or free-kicks, or corner-kicks, or even goal-kicks. We suck at the basics. Our guys don't make dangerous runs. Our off the ball movement would be embarrassing for any high school team.

The writer is exactly right. We fail on the most basic "smoke" test for a professional soccer team.

And Imperiale was good on the weekend. So why did we play Alashe at CB in preference to an actual quality CB? And Jackson looked good in limited minutes. Why hasn't he played before?

Dom clearly has a bias against younger players (with very few exceptions). He clearly tells the guys how to play (that's his job) and if they play differently they get benched. So the awful, dreary, boring, SLOW, unsophisticated game that we play is clearly what he wants.

Dom has to go, and the rest of his coaches with him. We won't get better until that happens.

Go Quakes!!
    Fire Dom!!

- Mark

nihon2000 repped this.
  19. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have trust in Jesse, but with many things in life, a quick fix is not likely. Not sure the supposedly newly signed player is going to improve things drastically. Maybe a coaching change will give the players a new lease on things and some players will actually play in their most natural position ....

I'll have to look it up, but isn't it sometime in July that season ticket holders need to confirm that they are renewing for 2018? At this point I'm 50/50 on renewing. With bay area traffic it takes me at least an hour and a half to get to Avaya (yes i'm sure there are some fans that sit in traffic much longer than I do). And when I see the type of result the Quakes have been getting at home, maybe I should just watch the game from home......but the Quakes (and sharks) are the only teams I'm passionate about anymore so I'm a bit torn on whether to renew or not....

Seems every year we have this same debates/discussions about this team/organization:mad:

markmcf8 repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #495 falvo, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Yes and it all comes back to the ownership who no one ever seems to blame. I don't' get the reasoning. I get it, the coaching needs to change but why won't our owner speak and why won't he fire Dom? I've heard more from Merritt Paulson of the Portland Timbers than I have from John J. Fisher since 2008.

21. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You admitted under cross-examination recently that your little birdy told you ownership is to blame.

falvo repped this.
  22. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #498 falvo, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    I did but no one else on the board seems to want to point the finger to John J. Fisher but why not? Is he untouchable? Year in and year out its either the coach (Frank, Mark and Dom) , GM (Doyle) or the players but what about the owner of this club? Why can't he be directly blamed for a failed franchise?

24. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    What good does it do to blame ownership when everyone thinks the president can fire the coach, regardless how many times I tell them he cannot?

25. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah, the only reason I'm considering renewing is because I'm actually moving to San Jose, quite close to the stadium. Were I still going to be living in on the peninsula, I would probably not even be considering it. Without a significant turnaround in the team's quality (and the hiring of competent coaches), there just isn't much to look forward to. Granted, part of me thinks this year is the beginning of a real tear down. If that's true, then I don't mind watching a team that isn't good. After the summer signings, we'll have a bit more info on where this team is headed, but with Kinnear at the helm, I'm just not that excited, even if the players themselves are better.