The Official Guram Kashia Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Beckham7, Jun 14, 2018.

1. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Vako looks excited for sure. Question is, can Guram unite the team or will he end up in a clique?

2. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Can’t wait to see him matched up with Cummings!

3. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guram appears to be a thoughtful guy and wants to be here. Hoping for good things for him and the club......

4. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He needs to be better than Cummings. Not that Cummings isn't good, but if Guram is better, then we'll have two starting quality CDs, and that will be a big help. Add Lima to that back line, and the only thing we need is ... a left back!!! :mad:

How did they screw that up?!

Go Quakes!!
    Welcome Guram!!
    Fire Stahre!!

- Mark

Sactown Soccer and bobby_guzman repped this.
  5. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, for cliques he's got 3 choices:

The "BlameJesse-ites" (the roster is not good enough), led by Florian Jungwirth
    The "AntiStahrites" (Led by Godoy and Alashe)
    The "ItsOnUs'ers (Led by Wondo and TT)

6. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or he can have a 4th choice:

The "WhyTheFcuckShouldIBeSpendingMoneyOnThisShit"-ites, led by the fans. And he can attempt to prove us wrong.

DotMPP and markmcf8 repped this.
  7. Skillachii

Skillachii Member

Chelsea
    Aug 23, 2017
    Damn I didn't know Quakes had so many employees.

8. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're going to be a serious club, it's a big operation. And we have dramatically built out the operation over the last two seasons. You need marketing, sponsorships, partnerships, fan relations, ticket sales, merchandise (which is acquisition and sales, and getting our stuff into regular stores out in the wild), facilities, travel planning and staff, conditioning, training, methodology (I think that that Alex is not part of the coaching staff, but I might be wrong on that), scouting, coaching, players, and the GM organization (and I'm sure I've missed some). We should have people who's job is to make sure that our foreign players and their families get settled, find schools, doctors, day care, help with translation and so on. There's a lot to it.

Where we are failing abjectly is on the pitch.

Go Quakes!!
    Stahre OUT!!

- Mark

9. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I was surprised to find out about this. I would have expected Georgia to be supportive of the LGBT community, if only in opposition to their former masters, Russia, who have become very unwelcoming to those folks.

10. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read that Georgia is one of the most religious countries in the world. That may be why some people there have a problem with it. And old prejudices may still be there, even though they have changed governments.

11. Skillachii

Skillachii Member

Chelsea
    Aug 23, 2017
    It's a Generational battle Younger people have basically made up their mind however older people are more conservative and some very, very religious folk aggressively so. and as you may know old people and internet don't mix well, a yellow journalist just has to post some provocative article(as was the case with Kashia) and they're all up in arms in a minute.

There's Also City dwellers vs Rural folk. LGBT community was always more accepted in cities but in last 15 years rapid urbanization and immigration from more conservative neighboring countries brought the rural folk into the city and they bring with them their prejudices and old way of life. At the same time more cosmopolitan Tbilisi citizens(like yours truly) can easily emigrate to other countries so you get a shift in the political climate. On human level the two groups settle with just making jokes about each other, on political level the liberals have huge advantage with voters, the conservative parties rarely get above 15% of total seats in parliament, which makes me think this is just a very loud minority.

I thought the whole thing with Kashia was very unfair and pretty stupid. Conservative newspaper just wrote a hit piece and some dumbasses swallowed the bait.

12. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Kashia's "cosmopolitan" approach to the issue will be well-received here in the Bay Area.

John Jussen, DotMPP and bsman repped this.
  13. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    He is really large and broad. He doesn't look like he has much pace, so if Stahre pairs him with Cummings, as expected, it will be a relatively slow CB pair.

On the Sanchez free kick that Bailly headed off the crossbar, Kashia was the Quake most at fault, letting the cross get by him. Just a friendly, so hard to assess.

Vako looks like his mini me.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On paper , a draw against Man United should be great for the worst team in MLS. These games are really weird though and I never know what to make of them. Many of Man U’s WC players are missing and the rest are in their players are in preseason form. They are playing against MLS first and second teamers who are in the middle of their season. You wonder how the Quakes would do against regular midseason EPL teams on a weekley basis.

In the end is MLS catching up or is just that these games are exhibitions and not to be taken seriously? If that’s the case, what good are they? Maybe they should come up with a tournament format that has real money , sponsors and TV revenue at stake? Just a thought..

16. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

MLS should bring back the TransAtlantic Cup that the old NASL did for a few years. I think they let the two Soccer Bowl finalists in it for the NASL and then had a couple of foreign teams. I still have an old pennant from 1981? when the Sounders and Cosmos were in it for the NASL, and Seattle tied the Cosmos 3-3 in East Rutherford to win the Cup.

falvo repped this.
  17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    After I posted , I thought about that too. Back then they relied on ticket sales for revenue but in today’s world, the league and the foreign clubs could potentially bring in quite a lot of money. I’m assuming it would be much more than just an exhibition because sooner or later the novelty of those practice games wears off.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I liked the way Guram Kashia played in his debut against Dallas. Too bad he came too late this year....

19. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It wasn't his debut.

SalinasQuakesFan and alexiskool1991 repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh yeah, I didn't watch the 0-0 snooze fest last week...at least, not that I remember....

21. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That wasn't his debut either.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Must have missed it...

If he first appeared in he last 4 games, I guess I didn't miss much .....

upload_2018-8-4_20-14-46.png

23. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It’s when he was eligible to play -__-

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Either way, he played very well against Dallas. Hope his good form continues.....