The Official Guram Kashia Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Beckham7, Jun 14, 2018.

1. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Jesse is going all in on a strategy I strongly disagree with. Importing talent at the expense of local player development is a bad idea. Doesn’t matter what ethnicity it is.

Beerking, JazzyJ and alexiskool1991 repped this.
  2. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    Yeah, well I won't be attending the meaningless Man U match at the most atrocious stadium in the Bay Area... So I guess I will miss our latest signings debut... Would have been nice to have had him play his first match in a meaningful game... I love sitting at 12 points at 20 games.

xbhaskarx and Beerking repped this.
  3. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vako could have scored 20 goals and 10 assists so far, and he will still get crucified for failing to "defend", which is the most important Quakes intangibles, ya know what I mean /sarc

I mean yeah, Quakes have defenders and goalkeepers, but we pay Vako a lot, so he better defend and goalkeep too, to live up to his paycheck, ya know? /SARC

4. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course Vako and Kashia will have to help lead the way. Because that atrocious D and that piece of shit Tarbell sure as hell isn't!

jeff_adams repped this.
  5. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I didn't realize this game was at Levi's. Man, that really makes me not want to go, but doubt I can talk my way out of it at this point. Do they really expect that many United fans to watch a B and C squad beat the stuffing out of the Quakes? I expect attendance is going to make the choice of venue look pretty laughable, not to mention the fact that it's a blight on humanity and should never have been built in the first place.

DotMPP and Beerking repped this.
  6. Skillachii

Skillachii Member

Chelsea
    Aug 23, 2017
    I'd disagree with it too, but that's no reason to call them Asian.

7. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    The country is literally where East meets West. Also, for the record I think Vako is a good player and I hope Kashia turns out to be great.

On the other hand, Jesse brought in the fantastic Francois Affolter during last year’s summer transfer window to stabilize the defense.

8. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    So Georgians consider themselves European? I know Georgia is a member of UEFA. Please educate me.

9. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-pack/georgia-and-the-caucasus-_b_10240342.html
    "As Georgia grapples with its place in the world, it is pertinent for both Georgians and interested outsiders to ask where it fits in. It seems clear to us from visiting the country that most Georgians envision themselves as European; in fact, we witnessed that both young and old would react with great offense if we asserted that a given aspect of Georgian culture was Asian or Middle Eastern.

This powerful cultural leaning translates into concrete foreign policies — its ties with the West, and discussions of joining the EU. Although some might define Georgia as being a part of Asia, it is also clear that few Georgians have intentions to define themselves that way."

DotMPP, Beerking and bobby_guzman repped this.
  10. David Scott

David Scott Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It would be good for TT, for Quakes it does not matter they would never take a chance on TT. So, I would like this trade.

JazzyJ and bobby_guzman repped this.
  11. Skillachii

Skillachii Member

Chelsea
    Aug 23, 2017
    Well this is off topic and I don't want to come off as some kind of easily offended snowflake but people keep mentioning it over and over again so I'll write it once and leave it at that.

It's also a long and violent history with genocidal Asian empires that tried to eradicate Georgian people, some in name of religion others just because we didn't look like them or didn't follow their way of life... If someone is trying ethnically cleanse your people for 3000 years it's only natural for people to become angry and antagonistic towards that group. Yes it's nuanced and ofc no one blames Asian peoples for the actions of several old kingdoms, but "Asian" over the years has become associated with oppression, murder, slavery and genocide. Just look at how much effect a short period of slavery had in America... now think about something like that happening for Millenia and you get the picture. When you call Georgians Asians what they hear is oh look you're part of those genocidal maniacs who needlessly massacred so many of your people over the years. Yes modern Georgian pro-western view affects it also but that pro-western view wasn't born out of thin air, there's a reason Georgia was always western oriented, Before EU we were allied with Constantinople, Before that Rome and Athens, etc etc etc...

Sactown Soccer, DotMPP, Beerking and 3 others repped this.
  12. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need this guy to be a hero, our central defense is the most sore position besides goalkeeper .

13. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Didn’t know feelings were so strong. I believe Chinese people feel the same way about the Japanese people.

14. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Quick, ask him if he has a groin pull so we have a baseline for the next double-substitution. :)

Beerking and bsman repped this.
  16. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't believe we won't be able to see him play in a league game until another 9 days.

Fcucking front office is so pathetic, so incompetent.

17. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The extended delay between L'Affair Montreal and the next league game is actually good news for the #StahreOut crowd. It gives plenty of time for those with attention-deficit disorder, I mean the media, to scrutinize le Double Substitution before they move on to the next tempest.

DotMPP and bobby_guzman repped this.
  18. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remembered last time when Vako did his speed jog straight into the locker room after a sub, no one, media or fans, even bothered to ask Fio in his Q&A about it.

This time I would hope that there'd be more follow-ups.

19. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's not the first ti,me I have seen a player run into the locker room after being subbed, and Godoy definitely needed to be subbed!

20. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    It would be hysterical if it wasn't so tragically idiotic.

21. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
  22. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. RocktheCasbah4

Dec 20, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    No non-sense figure, which I like. Everything I have watched and heard of this guy makes me really optimistic about this signing. The only thing that's giving me considerable pause is that Jesse signed him.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California