The Official Guram Kashia Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Beckham7, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Needed that signing, we need central defense badly. If he's half of anything, he walks into our starting 11

MtnGardener and bsman repped this.
  4. Ultan

Ultan Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Pacifica
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm guessing that's our new captain starting next year.

If he's a regular at international level and he's injury free this seems like a good signing. Can we have more, please?

markmcf8 repped this.
  5. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    I hope is fast, because all our current CBs are average to slow, and you need one fast one for recovery runs.

bsman repped this.
  6. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Hard to tell - the highlights tend to be him scoring goals, but there was one play where he recovered pretty nicely. Looked like better than average speed but I don't know that I'd call him fast. And I don't know how many years ago that was. He's 31 now.

7. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Is it just me, or does Guram Kashia sound like something you'd find at Whole Foods?

markmcf8 and Beerking repped this.
  8. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Come to think of it I think I ate some this morning. Very healthy!

9. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    We just need to wait for our lurking Georgian soccer fan, Skillachii, to give us the scoop. Where are you?!?! I guess we need a Vitesse fan also.

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Add a few raisins and it's great for breakfast...or, chop up arugula, and you've got the perfect salad for a potluck!

Seriously, I am positive that he will singlehandedly turn this team around.

12. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Wondo had some before the LAFC game. :)

13. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Is he going to play left back?

14. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
  15. Skillachii

Skillachii Member

Chelsea
    Aug 23, 2017
    Delicious and nutritious meal for a fine morning in Eastern Europe. Gives you extra energy when fighting mafia guys.
    [​IMG]
    Bit like the meal, The player is also lively and energetic. Haven't heard any complaints about him from Vitesse or other Georgian fans, For a while he was even played as defensive midfielder in Georgia to cover for injuries. He is one of those natural leaders, very passionate but doesn't let emotions get to him. If he does make a mistake he works ten times harder to make up for it. Basically anti Vako

MtnGardener, bsman and RocktheCasbah4 repped this.
  16. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I hope the guy is good and sticks.

Fioranelli is getting the chance to fix his own f--kups. Kashia comes in because Quintana isn't cutting it. Centerback should be solidified before the season starts. Basic stuff.

Bringing in a 30 year old after proclaiming that he would only sign players under 30 shows Fioranelli's desperation.

Multiple signings to fill the same need is bad management. Pure and simple.

Vako supplanted Hyka. Kashia replaces Quintana. Who will Teflon Jesse bring in to replace Eriksson? Qwiberg? Blank Stahre?

markmcf8 repped this.
  17. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    How is his speed? Better than average? Average?

18. Skillachii

Skillachii Member

Chelsea
    Aug 23, 2017
    Average but faster than Quakes CBs. He specializes in sliding tackles too.

19. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    An inside source (not Jesse) informs me the Kashia signing has been in the works since last January, well before the season started. If true (and I have no reason to discount my source), this fact undercuts the hot take theory that Kashia is a stopgap signing.

markmcf8, due time, Beckham7 and 2 others repped this.
  20. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm happy with this signing. Yefferson is not quite ready for prime time and Affolter will never be. I think Kashia will likely prove to be a good pairing with Cummings and will hopefully prove to be a good mentor for Yefferson. I have zero problems with this signing. Now, if he only has a left-footed defensive-minded cousin...

markmcf8 and soccer_fan311 repped this.
  21. Skillachii

Skillachii Member

Chelsea
    Aug 23, 2017
    I don't think we can help you there, No good left backs in Georgia, not since Kaladze retired. Been looking for one ourselves.

MtnGardener and bsman repped this.
  22. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Invade New Zealand. :)

23. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Passion, leadership, experience... I'll take it. Seems like a solid signing.

24. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    From https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06...efensive-after-miserable-start-to-season/amp/

"The move is an acknowledgment that previous center back signings have failed. General manager Jesse Fioranelli used international slots on Francois Affolter of Switzerland and Yeferson Quintana of Uruguay in the past year. Neither has proven to be a dependable starter.

The only success has been Harold Cummings, who is playing for Panama in the World Cup this month. Cummings was signed by the previous regime of general manager John Doyle and coach Dominic Kinnear.

The faulty moves have forced San Jose to use four international slots for one position, underscoring how a misguided signing has a snowball effect."

We finally hear from Tom "Luxury Box" Fox in the article. Similar propaganda that we hear from Fioranelli--"We have a big picture approach. Give us more time. Outsiders can't really understand."

Doyle was out of the picture when Cummings came to the Quakes. It was that weird period when Leitch was interim GM and Kinnear was coach, kind of throwing away the off season before the 2017 season. Similar to how Fioranelli threw away this season.

Meet the new boss.....

Stahre Out.
    Fioranelli Out.

Beerking repped this.
  25. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I like Elliott Almond, but this is the trouble when reporters editorialize. It leads to Fake News. As I've already mentioned, the Kashia signing has been in the works since before the season started. Therefore, necessarily, the signing itself is not an acknowledgement of anything. And no one is quoted in Almond's story saying anything contradictory to what I am saying and posted previously.

markmcf8, DotMPP, MtnGardener and 2 others repped this.