The official Fire Robert Warzycha Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Big J 0526, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, but he is the worst manager in the league. Leaving 2 defensive midfielders in the game down 3 goals, taking off your best player and goal threat, showing no willingness and/or ability to make tactical changes, bringing a player who can't play just so he can visit his family and playing a creative central midfielder out wide, and this is just not a emotional reaction to getting shown up by LA, I've felt this way about RW ever since his hiring, he's not the quality of manager we need.

chr1st repped this.
  2. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should be interesting.

[​IMG]

3. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah ******** Warzycha he's only won one ********ing supporter shield. Imagine what we could do with a world class coach like Raymond Domenech. We should win MLS every considering the high profile players we bring in because of our owners deep pockets. If Chelsea can buy a championship why cant Columbus do it......... Robert Warzycha that's why.

:rolleyes:

4. GeneralLongstreet

Mar 22, 2007
    town full of losers
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can him.

Lacks killer instinct. The Crew will never live up to potential as long as he is calling the shots. His tactics are baffling. How our team can fail to show up for this game is baffling.

Travasty.

5. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I try not to post in threads started by sockpuppets or n00bs.

6. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And we see how well that turned out. :p

7. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's an Apologist thread already, but the apologists rarely post there. Hmmmmmmmmmm

8. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok so we can him and instead we have who as our head coach? Lapper? Bliss? Bring back the bearded one???? No thats just sick.

Just wait it out for another year and let Guille take over after he retires.
    Bottom line, he ain't going anywhere anytime soon so relax.

9. FC TDG

FC TDG Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please calm down, let's remember that having inherited a championship side he managed to win a trophy and has an excellent winning percentage. This makes any complaints you may have about pretty much anything, including that he allows the SHIT that is Adam Moffat to disgrace the badge week in and week out, irrelevant.

10. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I'm in the "Bobby is over his head" camp but we'll have him for at least one more season so, please, can we close this thread now?

11. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    :rolleyes: indeed.

Actually, the whole thing is a disaster.

12. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This season will be a complete failure if we don't win a trophy. I gave the man last year with it being his first year on his own. But now if he hasn't been willing to adapt and overcome myopic mentalities, well...........

His love for playing Adam Moffatt is such a beautiful novel, btw.

13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    How long until Foos rides in on his white horse?

I say 15 more posts (he probably went to bed).

14. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guille will leave to coach Boca Juniors, he won't stay here if he's given a good offer IMO
    Your proving my point. He inherited the same team that Sigi won with and has ruined it. We have the best roster in the league, yet EVERY GAME we sit back and play a combination of Burns/Moffat/Carroll/O'Rourke in central midfield and pray to score off a set piece or a little bit of play. That's it. No change, no difference. Not to mention leaving said midfielders on even when down big. Like in the Chivas game or tonight. No, Robby says, we can't take off defensive midfielders when down 3, we might lose by 4!

I'm so angry right now..........

15. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have the best roster in the league? Really?
    It's part of human nature to believe your side is the best but eventually you have to realize we have a pretty good roster, but really it's no longer the best.

16. foozer

foozer Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say we have one of, if not, the deepest roster in the league. LA and NY have higher top ends than us, but from top to bottom, we're one of the best. I've said this all the way back to the middle of last year: if we played like we are capable (thinking something similar to the style of our Toluca series) on a regular basis, there's not a team in this league who could stop us. The problem is, we haven't seen that team in a while and when they do show up, it's only for a couple minutes.

I'm not sure getting rid of Warzycha is the best solution for the rest of the season. I am concerned, though, about his devotion to certain players and the lack of aggression that he had initially shown as an interim coach and in filling in for Sigi. It seemed in those stints, he always played to win. Now, more often than not, it feels like we're playing not to lose. If we don't win a tropy this year, and I'm hoping either the Shield or the Cup, I'll hop on to this bandwagon; as it will be a failure to perform up to our ability. Unfortunately, for now we're stuck with what we've got.

17. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thomas Rongen took over Bruce Arena's DC team intact and won an MLS Cup the following year. Yet, unbeliveably, he was fired a couple of seasons later because, frankly, he sucks.

Steve Sampson took over the Galaxy side that Sigi Schmid put together and had in first place and managed to win the Cup. What a bunch of incredible buffoons they are out there that Sampson isn't still coachingthat team, just because he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

"Robert Warzycha was handed a championship team intact and didn't f*** it up so he's quite obviously a genius coach" is an argument which simply has no merit.

I do so wish that otherwise intelligent people would stop making it.

It is entirely valid for Crew fans to try and evaluate Warzychas' performance as a coach independent of the fact that he was handed the best team in the league in 2009 and I'm royally sick of guys saying "Well he won the shield so he's obviously a great great soccer coach and is beyond criticism."

It's simply ludicrous.

18. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On this point, we are in complete agreement.

He lineup selection is poor, his tactics are poor, his substitutions are poor, and there isn't much squad rotation despite a busy schedule. I love the guy, and he was a great player for us, but I have no idea what he is doing.

What happened to interim coach we had in '05. There was a coach who made a team with Storey, Sutton, Vasquez, and Knox Cameron exciting to watch, but this guy makes a team with GBS, Gaven, Ekpo, Rogers, and Renteria boring as hell. And we always get pummeled by good teams on the road to boot.

Still, firing his ass now would be pointless, give him the rest of the season, and when we fail to win anything (and I think that will be the case), can him.

19. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Only because I'm curious - if we beat Seattle and win the Open Cup, does that give him another season? (in people's eyes here, because anyone who's been a fan since 2004 should know how "loyal" (read:slow to act) HSG can be involving coaching changes).

20. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Every skin disease probably starts with a vague itch. Long before it becomes a boil or manifests as 'Flesh Eating disease'.

just sayin'

21. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    You also have to look at the other side of the arguement. Denis Hamlett took Chicago to 2 straight Eastern Conference Championships and was Canned. Now look at Chicago. Canning Hamlett didn't turn out so good.

22. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He already has another season. The FO picked up the 3rd year option in early August. For his next contract, if one is awarded it will have everything to do with next year.

23. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

to be fair the guy did have fist fights with his own players at Halftime, and he was just unstable.

24. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    well wouldnt you want punch out players wearing chicago fire gear and Blanco i know i would lol

25. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's on House then it's always "auto immune"