The Official Fabio Coentrao to Real Mendes.....Errr....Madrid Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That is a pity
    He was one of the most balanced fullbacks i ve seen. Not as magical in attack as Marcelo but really solid both in defence n attack. His name is tied to the decima after all.

2. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Glass man back at it again with the bullshit injuries, SMH. Glad we brought him back just so he can sit at home and smoke cigarettes for a living.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  3. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I am just wondering, anyone knows when his contract ends? from what I recall, he signed 6 years in 2011, so i assume this is his last season.

4. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  5. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    dude when is glass feet going to be fit enough to play? Gosh darn it we need some backup. I'd rather play Nacho on the right and Fabio on the left because Danilo has been shaky. Even in the last game he almost made a crucial mistake that could've tipped the balance of the game at that point.

6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Today is his birthday.

What the hell is going on with his situation? I just realized after the Napoli game he wasn't in the squad.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're letting him finish his contract and basically finish his career in top level football in Madrid.

8. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Top life. good salaray, good team, good city and all yo u should do just train couple hours per day. :D

9. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is probably the case. Before I use to think he'd move to a midtable Portuguese team after he was done here but now I wouldn't be shocked if he is done with football after his contract ends. He is one of the most bizzare stories I've ever seen.

10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very bizarre. Always looked stellar for Portugal.

Anon. and Digital repped this.
  11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A few days ago Coentrao came out and said he couldn't handle the pressure of playing for Real Madrid.

Coentrao: "I'm in no condition to play for Real Madrid. Maybe returning to Portugal would help me recover the level of play I once had."
    Coentrao: "We should all admit our limitations at some point in our lives. I feel right now this club demands a level of play I'm not at."

12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perez should just put cameras in Coentrao's house, car and around his training and his life and claim its a reality show - it will make a lot of money.

13. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I forgot he was still part of this team. He should be gone this summer for sure.

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Coentrao finally realized the pressure after playing here since 2011. :)

To be fair, he was at one point at that "level", but injuries kept him down.

15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    OG Glass legs Is back! Such a pity that he had Eighteen...yes EIGHTEEN injuries in his time at Real Madrid. His contract ends in 2019, but he hasn't even been included in the squad for the team. I'm sure we're gonna either release him from his contract this year.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/real-mad...adrid-training-complex-and-hits-out-at-report

My best memory of him will be that solid performance he put in replacing Marcelo against Bayern Munich en route to La Decima.

ABB94 and S1na repped this.
  16. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was even forgot he stil exists..

17. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    We used to have the best LB rotation in the world. *Sighs*

Anon. repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice tactical analysis uploaded tonight by Om Arvind.

Stiliyan, Lyra, -Reivax- and 1 other person repped this.
  19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good luck to him. He has always tried to defend the badge whenever he was here and understood when he wasn't at the level that Real Madrid needed him to be. Most of the time I'd hear him speaking of the club, he'd speak well or be grateful for being given a chance here. Injuries derailed his career here. But I hope he finds some peace at Rio Ave.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...-man-fabio-coentrao-signs-for-rio-ave-7012421

Real Madrid have officially announced it as well:
    https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2018/08/official-announcement-coentrao

It was nice having him as the more defensive option whenever Marcelo was a liability because of his attacking disposition. Getting Casemiro and having Marcelo get better at tracking back (thus becoming outright the best LB in the world) eventually resolved our issue. But I'll still be grateful we had him for La Decima. He was instrumental in many key games.

Digital and kelvinphr repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You can't be referring to Coentrao.

He was a headcase and apparently he had a substance abuse problem

21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I read about all that. Funny thing is, he has hardly mattered to us since La Decima anyways. So my last memory of him is really that. The one season he was on our C team doesn't really count. Dude was practically dead to most of us.

Did he talk mad shit about us?

22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Damn that's sad! His performance against Bayern and Copa final against Neymar in his prime was arguably one of the best fullback displays ever

saadomar repped this.