The Official 2019 AFC Asian Cup UAE Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 1, 2019.

1. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    Lol the guy that scored for Iraq was itself Iraqi.. What the ******** he is doing in Qatar national team? His father played in Iraqi national team..

2. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iraq was unlucky today, but Qataris nowadays play with heart too...thanks to the Saudis and their stupid blockade, Qataris are actually motivated and feeling patriotic all of sudden lol

3. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    Please kick their ass hard.. This my request for Iran.

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    We're ********ed against Qatar....

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bassam Al-Rawi is an Iraqi? Well, that's hilarious.

6. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    They lost their vital player. Thank to the yellow cards.

7. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    Yes. Their whole team is almost multinational.

8. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wouldn't say we're absolutely ********d but it's not going to be a giveaway win for sure.

9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, they're the biggest merc users out of the AFC/football, but Bassam scoring against his own country is basically a spit on the face.

+PL+ repped this.
  10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran-China’s referee is from Qatar.

11. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    Yeah this is super hilarious. Qatar also bought Zidane to coach this team with 40 million dollar in future.

12. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol good luck to you guys.

13. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He also officiated China-Korea and Australia-Uzbekistan. Did you guys watched those two matches? How was he?

14. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    Its so funny that Qatari players suddenly got tired in 70-80 minute mark. They are wasting time or they have shitty fitness.

15. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Abdelkarim Hassan & Assim Madibo are both out with suspensions

16. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    China-Korea was very well officiated. He really clamped down on the dirty plays by China from the start. Didn't really let much slide. Only had a few incorrect decisions.

+PL+ and DHMGKorea repped this.
  17. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i dont see korea beating qatar. qatar have lethal counters and set pieces. they are going to score. i dont know if korea has the firepower to match them

18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    During our match, he rarely called fouls nor handed out a lot of cards. I couldn't count the amount of leg breaking tackles committed by China that he let go by.

19. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Agreed and the fact they are playing on UAE's turf will boost their morale and prove their "point" even more. It's gonna be a total meltdown if Qatar somehow wins this tournament lol.

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought the total opposite, there were some tackles by the Chinese he let slide by which I thought should've been carded.

21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Seung-gyu better pay the fcuk attention to Al-Rawi's fk.

22. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Iraqis grassroll a lot too. They are the ones Veerbeek complained most about.
    Iraqis and Iranians come to this forum and become friendly with some members but the moment any Korean says anything negative about their country they turn around just like that. Mudang and Esvee know them better because they are the only ones who saw their true colors.

Korea started to care about Asian Cup thanks to Iran humilating us in 1996. But even in 2004 the Asian Cup squad was compromised in favor of the Olympic team. Even PJS had originally been slotted for the Olympic team until Hiddink threw a hiss fit refusing to release him in August. But Lee Chonsoo, Jo Jaejin and a bunch of others missed that AC which resulted in the famous(for Iranians) 3-4 defeat.

Starting with AC 2007 Korea had no excuse except the high number of injuries that continued even to this day.

Korea cared so little about Asian Cup that they sent college kids in 1992 and failed to even qualify. No, actually they cared a little even then but at that time nascent K-league bitterly complained and KFA decided to send college kids and semi pros to the qualification round instead because in 1988 it worked for the qualification stage. K League's complaining about how much they sacrificed is totally BS.

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We just have to wait and see I guess. For now, I am assuming good faith and hope that he will officate the match in a fair manner, given how young he is, with his whole career ahead of him. Fingers crossed.

24. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yea, definitely thought there should've been more cards, but I think all of the refs in the tourney are officiating very conservatively. One thing is that he called the penalty which was deserved whereas there have been so many BS calls and non-calls in other matches.

25. PacMan over again

South Korea
    Mar 4, 2018
    If SK cannot beat Qatar than that is pretty poor Standards.

jessypjs repped this.