The Official 2018 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    generally you want to teach kids attacking football. in countries like italy and netherlands there were arguments that their youth programs have been too tactical and they have made effort to changing

2. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Have to admit I felt a mixture of deja vu and panic when I read this.

3. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :ROFLMAO:

Stielike is reading this.

Ice cube, Seol Korea and Kanuck repped this.
  4. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FIFA ranking Korea 61th

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shit, somehow Lee Yong-soo thought it was a brilliant idea to slap on the task of helping Youth football onto a national team manager. Stielike didn't even do squat for Youth football aside from attending a few seminars/charity events, should've just left that job to an expert from the start.

Kanuck and Ice cube repped this.
  6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Kim Pan Gon and Park Ji Sung have done more than Horogon and Yongsoo combined already..

chook90, nmssis and Kanuck repped this.
  7. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I feel like KJC is a big tournament player for us... But does he have a spot in the starting XI as of now? Seems like he has been completely replaced by KCH and LJS.

seolseol repped this.
  8. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    More likely by Son and the 4-4-2. If the friendly against Columbia was worth a thing.

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    In the 4-4-2, there seems to be no position for him.
    As a winger, he's too slow and lacks positioning. As a CM, he's too offensive.
    And up front, he's not a good partner for Son.
    One big problem is that he often breaks our rhythm (especially when he does his typical "turns"). I still think that KJC could be important at the WC (int. experience, scoring ability and leadership), but I don't think he should or will start.
    I somehow have the feeling that against Germany, he will start, because he plays in the Bundesliga and STY will play with 3 back system.

Kanuck, LeeSeungWoo and edlee1992 repped this.
  10. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    :cry:

chook90 and Kanuck repped this.
  11. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah good pts. we all know he's better and more experienced (both Club and NT Caps) than so much of what we're putting out there MF on up but he can't seem to do it for 2 halves of football at a time atm.

still, will be such an important player for us. but like we've been discussing, where to play him? for his faults, i'm fine anywhere but top 2 slots up top.

we need his leadership and feistiness, but Koo can get himself into card trouble as well. either way, he has to play a part.

12. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Forget about KJC, as long as we have JHS leading us in the back, we are going to be just fine.

He did some amazing stuff today.

Seol Korea repped this.
  13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    10/10 CSL level defending.

aeh1991 and Marco91 repped this.
  14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    to be fair, this is how he was all long that I remember (as in before he even joined CSL)

edit - watch around 1:45

15. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    that was bad but i think he has a mental/iq side to his game that must really differentiate himself from other korean defenders. i have no evidence of it, but from most accounts, that is his value added and the reason he plays in that 'john terry' role of leading and communicating to the line where they need to be and what they need to do. he may be "managing" the line well with instructions, but his backline partners aren't good enough/lack chemistry to be effective.

it's a different skillset than a no-nonsense CB, and something i hadn't considered since i saw one of the analysis videos posted on BSK.

i'm not a fan of his at all but offering some contrarian perspective

16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    hmm, i doubt it based on what I have seen from him in J league. at FC Tokyo, Morishege (player I don't rate) offers that role. if anything, similar to all other Korean defenders in J league.. he offers "height" and "muscle" to the team (his distribution/pass completion is garbage). anyways, Jang HS is a player who ran away to CSL because he couldn't get in starting XI of FC Tokyo consistently... not to mention, whined & bitched about "racism" as a reason:rolleyes:. in this regard.. i stated before when he was handed the captaincy at the previous olympics, the guy isn't even a leader or take responsibility.

imo, unlike other Korean defenders.. he can play various role in defense & in midfield (just not good in any role). player who offers something similar & an upgrade over Jang HS is Hwang SH of Shimizu... shame he is often injured, under rated & ignored though.

edit - btw, i don't mind Jang HS in the national team (i prefer NT managers play him as RB only though). as bad as he is, the other options are either unproven or equally bad imo

17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    You know what? We should just play 4-4-2, but give the front 4 all the freedom to move, switch and rotate.

For example it could be like this:

Son-Hwang-Kwon
    ---------LeeJS

or

--Son-Hwang--
    Lee---------Kwon

or even

-------Hwang(or Son)
    Son(or Hwang)---Kwon---Lee

Good to have these young players who are all pretty versatile.

chook90 and jessypjs repped this.
  18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Can we sign Arsene Wenger after the world cup :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jessypjs repped this.
  19. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know you are saying that in jest, but he's a great club manager. Not sure he would be a good NT manager. His strengths are budget/transfer/development managing and fitting players into his tactics. To be a good NT manager, he needs to find the best tactic/style to fit into the players we have. Arsene doesn't seem like the guy who can easily pull that off.

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    You know if there's one thing I like about Arsene is that he likes to give younger players a chance. Or at least that was just a meme few years back.
    I hope after this WC, we start to play younger players. Actually,this is pretty crucial if we want to move forward. I doubt STY will be willing to do that.

21. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL he'd call up PJY to jus keep him on the bench

chook90, Seol Korea, Kanuck and 3 others repped this.
  22. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Not sure about that either.

23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Was a great club manager.

24. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think at this point Kwon is better choice than Suk.

25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Son-Suk two top hasn't even been tested yet.

nmssis repped this.