The Official 2017 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    echoing your earlier point...kinda

2. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    #1927 skim172, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    I am a massive Hiddink apologist so take this FWIW, but I think it's possible that he was trying to respect the KFA's announcement that they were not going to look at foreign managers until after the team had qualified.

I also admit that if it turns out that all the worst speculation is true and Hiddink is indeed a massive opportunist who had no interest in coaching a team in qualifiers, and planned specifically to ride in and steal all the glory for himself, and also punched babies - I wouldn't be much bothered (the baby-punching would concern me a little). If he's a good coach who performs to the best of his abilities, then I'll take him. Turning him down just because he wasn't willing to dive into the shitter with us would be a decision based on pure pride.

I don't believe STY is the right choice - given that, I don't think rewarding him for being loyal will be good for the team. I don't honestly care much whether Hiddink wanted to coach us two months ago as long as he's willing to coach us with the fullest of his abilities now. And I think he would. This isn't an 80s high school movie - this isnt going to end with us discovering that we should've gone to the prom with the nice friend who was always there for us instead of the hunky football captain who only liked us after we started using lipstick.

But it could end with us running through the airport, in tears, passionately yelling out Shin Tae-Yong's name ... throwing candy at him as he gets off the plane from Russia.

3. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Repped for explaining opposing opinion thoroughly

ironcub14 repped this.
  4. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The match vs Tunisia (10/10) will no longer be held in Cannes, France due to it becoming a terror threat region, they are looking for a new venue in Europe, possibly in Switzerland.

The match vs Russia (10/7) will be held at VEB Arena (the home of CSKA Moscow, and not a venue that will be used for the 2018 WC) at 5pm local time (11pm KST, 9am CT, 10am ET, 7am PT) and will be attended by Guus Hiddink.

and the squad will be announced on 9/25 and will be all foreign based players to accommodate K League releasing players early for the past two WCQ.

Kanuck and chook90 repped this.
  5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Apparently, Nabil Maâloul was against the friendly due to it being an interference with the players' concentration as their WCQs vs Guinea is just 3 days prior to the friendly (October 7). In other words, it's meaningless and not beneficial for Tunisia.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  6. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah I just read the article too. If they do end up playing it that means Tunisia won't really try at all, meaning STY might somehow get a win and KFA is gonna use that as an excuse to not even consider Hiddink at all.

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Given the current state of the KNT, I still think we'll lose 1-0 to a relaxed Tunisian NT lol.

komina12345, chook90 and DHMGKorea repped this.
  8. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Haha i wouldn't be surprised by that, especially given the current state of KNT. During my family trip to Korea, I was actually at Seoul WC Stadium for the Korea/Tunisia game back in 2014 when we lost 1-0 and back then we were at least playing better than we are right now.

Seol Korea repped this.
  9. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    For the sake of all parties involved, just cancel the Tunisian friendly. Try to arrange a friendly with mid-table European club.

nmssis repped this.
  10. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    chook90, Kanuck and killaorca repped this.
  11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I will be the first to say it..

I miss Uli Stielike.

wetcrispy and chook90 repped this.
  12. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    horrible selections

13. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    JDW over SHJ?............
    지동원... 오재석.... 김영권.... 윤석영 ....하아 씨발 진짜

komina12345, aeh1991 and nmssis repped this.
  14. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The entire backline is basically the same losers from the garbage leagues. Why do we even do selections anyway?

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  15. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think I have said this since the beginning of last year and I was ridiculed for it by some members here, but I will say it again: Stop sending our starters to garbage chinese and japanese leagues, not only will it hurt the domestic scene here but the players who come out from the dungholes turn out to be toothless amateurs on world stage. KFA should seriously consider enforcing a law banning them from playing over there. It is the only solution.

inten repped this.
  16. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Pretty sure they were already shitty players. Would've been scouted by European teams if they werent. Besides, if they were gonna be great, they wouldve rejected to go there themselves in the first place.

Also, K-league is fking shithole right now.... Staying there isnt any better anymore.

17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I feel your paaaain...hope they get embarrassed

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  18. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That's because most of the impact players left to leave the league dry of talent. Unlike J-League and CSL who are so depended on FOREIGN trade to make them great or when your league spends 10 million on a German retiree to satisfy a marketing gimmick, it shows their true colors. When you have guys like Kim Bo-Kyung leaving Jeonbuk for a no-name J-League club just for that subtle increase in salary, then there are issues that need to be taken care of.

19. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    1. Not possible to solve that issue.
    2. After watching Jeonbuk vs Daegu today, I just lost hope for K-league. It's just fking garbage. There's a reason why no one goes to watch the matches. You cant rly expect the league to grow without fans...

I believe K-league is going downhill atm....

20. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    well with the new rules that's our future so better get used to it. The last one will be LKI then they're all going to be guys like Jeong, LJH, HCH going after their 18 so if the situation doesn't improve at home then idk.

21. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    It's unfortunately a vicious cycle, no money to play the players so the product/entertainment value isn't there but no fans to increase the revenue. Just like a brain drain from third world country to Usa/Can/Aus.

22. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  23. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    That might be good. I doubt anyone at Hellas Verona is an international, if he leaves for a week while the others continue training it could be a step backwards.

Just let him stay with the group and keep training.

24. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i dont know why he went to hellas verona...

25. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    most likely his best option if he wanted to stay in a top 5 league. Even if HV get relegated, if LSW gets decent playing time and shows even a little promise Barca will probably buy him back to sell at a profit to another club or keep as a cheap backup winger. If he does terrible then idk.