The Official 2017 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Full thought:
    You thought STY's shenanigan couldn't get any worse than this but he pulls out the worst call up I have ever seen in my life. I'm not even exaggerating. In the most desperate time, he picked players without much thoughts and research. This whole thing is so crazy I can't even believe it. LEE DONGGOOK!?!?!?! Are you for real???? 38 years old that scored 4 goals in 18 games so far. He was useless back then, what makes him think he'll be useful now????
    If he was going to pick some old ass Korean striker, might as well picked Yang Donghyun or if you want NT experience, pick PCY. It's like picking an old ass Paulie Malignaggi for sparring. LDG is a deadbody. He's useless. I would have rather picked half injured Ji Dongwon over LDG and Kim Shinwook. Kim Shinwook is just as useful as a tall tree.

Also Yeom Kihun or Koo Yohan??? Ugh...YKH is another old reject that shouldn't have been picked. Also Koo Yohan is just another useless full back that can't defend or attack. Might as well picked Oh Jaesuk, he's at least fast or Ahn Hyunbeom who is a player that can provide some offence.

Jang Hyunsoo is whatever, it was some what expected. I was willing to lower my standard for STY but this is worse than I thought.

Defence is typical, but why is no manager willing to try Kim Minhyeok??? I still don't know if he's legit or not.

We all thought STY couldn't go lower after the u20 world cup, but he has been surprising us even further. I have absolutely no trust in STY's ability to get us to the World Cup, and I have no one else to blame other than KFA and Chong Monggyu. They ********ed us up big time.

The Hyphen repped this.
  2. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Reserves:
    Koo Sung-yoon
    Kim Tae-hwan
    Ju Se-jong
    Han Kuk-young
    Moon Chang-jin

chook90 repped this.
  3. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    lee donggook about to let us down once more lol. probably a better selection than park chuyoung though. okay with yang donghyuns omission he hasnt been performing. kim shinwook was always going to be on the team. he could have retired last month and he would still make the squad

team doesnt look too different from senileike era. hopefully this is a last measure for the qualifiers and we see more changes moving forward

GoYoungrokba repped this.
  4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    ok I'm just done. STY is just plain mad. Either that he's just doing it on purpose to fck us over.

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The least Kim Min-jae and Kwon Kyung-won made the squad. No complaints with the squad selection though as I wasn't expecting much considering lack of options that we have. If Shin Tae-yong gets the job done, then that's great, but if not then you can't really blame him.

seolseol, jessypjs, aeh1991 and 3 others repped this.
  6. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    This is miracle. No JDW and HKY!

7. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HKY is in the reserves list which he shouldn't even in.
    The guy hasn't shown very much even at Gangwon.

8. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Leave Kwon alone!!!

chook90 repped this.
  9. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Aside from the calling up Lee Dong-gook.

The other thing that is bothering me is the two CB combination that is going to play.

Possible combinations:
    - The one that traditionally sucks against any Iran team + the ones that suck

- the ones that suck + inexperienced ones

- inexperienced one + inexperienced one

Too many possibilities.

chook90 repped this.
  10. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What's even worse, we do not have any better alternative.

11. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shin takes the gamble that the others would like to avoid.
    The man has done that with U23 and U20.
    It is not fair to blame just him for the possible negative outcome.

Seol Korea repped this.
  12. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Really disappointed to see Son on the list. The guy hasn't scored since this spring and hardly played all summer. Have no idea what STY is thinking.

chook90 and batumchange2 repped this.
  13. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    where's hong jeong ho?

14. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shin said he passed on YDH because YDH's strength doesn't well fit into his system.

15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shin Tae-yong ever since becoming the caretaker of Seongnam has been the risk-taking type of manager, although not all of his gambles were good in terms of results and performances, player selections/fielding players, tactics and formations, but as a manager you have to be able to take risks as well as knowing when and how to take them as well (Hiddink) instead of being too conserving and pussified like 슈팅영개 or Park Sung-hwa.

As I've said before, even if we were to lose the remaining two WCQs vs Iran and Uzbekistan (Win, Loss, Draw), you can't go all out with torches and pitchforks on Shin Tae-yong as he's basically been left with a lot of shit that the KFA and 슈틸영개 left behind to clean up on.

seolseol, aeh1991 and GoYoungrokba repped this.
  16. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Really happy to see Kim Minjae, he deserves this call.

Calling up LDG is not a shame, considering the other options are out injured or not playing at all (Suk)

17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    He doesn't have a system. It's just random gibberish.

18. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Lol imagine if Stielike called up these players.

chook90, jessypjs and TaegukWarrior repped this.
  19. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I guess he left Messi at home, what a shame....

chook90 and GoYoungrokba repped this.
  20. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    why no love for han kwangsung hes one of us

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    @killaorca What did you expect? I can understand if you wanted YDH. And about LDG I think it's more of a symbolic message towards the players (would also have preferred LJH or YDH but its STYs decision).
    The other selection were either to be expected or logical decisions. I am personally glad that he takes the risks with calling up KMJ and KKW. Also I think and hope LJS and KCH will be used better than under Shitlike.

22. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    At least he can play. Injured KSY was called up to act as a cheerleader.

chook90 repped this.
  23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ji not even in the squad , wow. Maybe the injury?
    I like this, what can you do?

24. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I won't judge the squad until I haven't watched them playing. A squad itself doesn't really mean something, we have to wait how the team will play.

TaegukRedDevil, aeh1991 and seolseol repped this.
  25. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    lol, am appalled by the "excuses" & "reasons" to defend Shin TY of this pathetic call up.

logical? have no idea how much of it is logical except he selected few players based on favoritism (just like Stielike) or by using the old excuse of bring the old vets (excluding Lee KH, who don't have the legs to run anymore) for "experience".

also, i don't get how Shin TY is taking a risk? exactly how? he selected old vets.. that's not a risk, that is just plain dumb in my book. it's one thing to bring .. if they were still active.. guys like Park JS, Lee YP or whatever. at least they have credibility & players KNT depended on for many years. Lee DG, Yeom KH and so forth? exactly what have they shown/achieved.. even in "leadership" qualities? If Shin TY wanted a cheerleader, Park CY makes more sense but the excuses/reasons Shin TY have come up w/ for selecting old vets.. especially Lee DG is nothing but BS to me (not to mention, Lee DG specifically mentioned.. don't select him if he doesn't get to play).

edit - btw, Choi CS is one of the worst RB for KNT. that position keeps getting worse and worse..

chook90 and Chingoo repped this.