The Official 2017 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    jessypjs repped this.
  2. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    im more surprised nobodys yet to murder him. frustration is very real

4. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That's taking it too personally. Better to just terminate his contract.

Kanuck and killaorca repped this.
  5. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    How do you know nobody has? This could've been the work of a hired hitman with very poor spelling. :confused:

6. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Much respect to CDR for that unmistakable "fuc.k you" move. Undoubtedly still has a grudge against the KFA for how they treated his old man, as he's hinted at in the past. I'd really love to see him speaking out on this a bit more. Everybody would listen and the KFA would be badly embarrassed. I doubt he goes that far but man, if someone really does end up changing the KFA for the better, I bet it'll be someone from his generation.

chook90 repped this.
  7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    슈틸리케 "코치진 잦은 변화 안 좋아…지금 체제 이어갈 것"

슈틸리케 감독은 코칭스태프의 잦은 변화에 대해 "팀에 크게 유익한 부분은 아니다"면서 "이 체제로 월드컵 (본선)까지 이어나갈 거라 믿고 체제를 강화하겠다"고 말했다.

그는 "차 전 전력분석관이 제 역할을 잘 해주고 있다고 생각했었다"면서 "계약 기간을 다 채우고 나갈 줄 알았다. 처음 소식을 듣고 놀라고 아쉬웠지만 개인 의사인 만큼 존중했다"고 밝혔다.

http://sports.news.naver.com/kfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=001&aid=0009242817

:rolleyes:

For those who can't understand Korean, this is all you need to know:

1. Stielike is pissed at the reduction of the coaching staff.
    2. He feels betrayed by Cha Du-ri's sudden decision to leave the team.
    3. Refuses to take the blame (As always).

Keep in mind that the coaching staff mess is due to his stubbornness of wanting to run things his way and wanting full control of the team with the advantage of the gained trust of the Technical Committee. When he had control and the Technical Committee's trust he basically pushed Shin Tae-yong to the Olympic and U-20 NT, kicked out a newly appointed GK coach Lee Woon-jae before he could even set foot in the senior team hence unofficially hiring Cha Sang-kwang as the replacement, then picked two inexperienced members in Cha Du-ri and Seol Ki-hyeon all because he didn't want an experienced coach whom he felt would've caused a rift between him. But now that he's no longer in control, the Technical Committee desperately shoves an experienced Jung Hae-sung into the coaching staff to basically patch up the sinking ship and tend to Stielike's problem, whilst he loses trust from Cha Du-ri, and now he's kicking the trash can because he can't do anything.

TaegukWarrior and killaorca repped this.
  8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    CDR needs tp focus on his career. If he becomes successful we might have a solid Korean manager in Europe.

aeh1991 repped this.
  9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    sorry but majority this statement seems based on assumption & your hatred for Uli Stielike. he isn't without responsibility but you pretty much shifted all blame toward him while excusing KFA.

1. not sure how coaching staff is all because of Uli's stubbornness. it isn't his fault KFA failed to negotiate & hire foreign assistant as they said they would.
    2. how did Uli push Shin TY to U-20 gig? again, not Uli's fault U20 fails & the coach quits as he wasn't good enough. how do you know it wasn't LYS & the technical committee who made the decision to push him toward that job? also, not like KNT offense was good when Shin TY was the 1st assistant...
    3. on GK coach, while the situation was handled poorly.. again, not sure if it was all the work of Uli
    4. how do you know Cha DR lost trust in Uli Stielike? did he make any comment on it? is it possible Cha DR quit because the recently hired assistant stated he wants to help coach & players bond.... pretty much a pot shot at Cha DR since he was hired to do just that by KFA? is it possible he could have been offended by KFA & the newly hired assistant to suddenly quit? also, how did Uli pick Seol KH? i remember reading an article stating he wanted younger coaches to help them but also, to hear fresh voices or whatever (obviously with all the issues w/ KNT lately, this isn't the right idea imo). i highly doubt Uli knew of Seol KH to pick him out...

Bom23 repped this.
  10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #635 Seol Korea, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
    1. It's the KFA's fault for hiring Stielike, but that doesn't make him any lesser of the evil nor innocent from his actions leading up till now. His stubbornness reeks through his piss-poor media skills as well as his overall piss-poor management in player selection to tactical decisions.

2. Shin Tae-yong already made a brief comment on how Stielike was stubborn prior to the Olympics, and while it may mean nothing to you, it was a definite hint that there was a disagreement between the two. There was absolutely no reason for Shin Tae-yong to even be shifted out of the senior team when there were other candidates to hire from, yet Stielike had no objection to Lee Yong-soo making the shift.

3. It was Stielike who didn't want Lee Woon-jae because he wasn't familiar with him, and it was Stielike who initially asked for a recommendation once both Park Kun-ha and Kim Bong-soo left team, yet he was ok with Cha Sang-kwang whom he also had no fcuking clue about. Ironic much?

4. Why the fcuk does there have to be some sort of comment to confirm that Cha Du-ri lost trust in Stielike or that he didn't want to be with the team? Why the fcuk do you think he was adamant about his decision to leave whilst refusing to stay even with Stielike persuading him otherwise especially when he only had 3 WCQs left of his contract? He's well aware of the situation that the senior team is, and he's well aware at how the KFA runs and how they've treated his father in the past (Which you have no fcuking clue about). He wouldn't have put the blame on himself for leaving if there wasn't a problem with Stielike and the team, otherwise he would've stayed back like Seol Ki-hyeon until the contract is over.

Also, it was Lee Yong-soo who failed to hire a foreign assistant coach due to his piss-poor negotiation whilst making an excuse that no foreign coaches would want to come to Korea, but it was ultimately Stielike who didn't want an experienced manager since he felt it would cause a rift between him and the assistant (Ribbeck conflict) otherwise he wouldn't have opted for Seol Ki-hyeon instead. No manager in their right mind would want to run a team with a fully inexperienced coaching staff like Stielike is.

5. It is Stielike that keeps asking for '소통' not the KFA, and why do you think he keeps asking for it? It's because his piss-poor leadership qualities and failure of management is unable to lead the current team when it is ultimately his job to keep the communication flowing between him and the players. This problem even persisted when Stielike was at the helm in Qatar, and it inevitably left many fans and even the players frustrated, even our very own players questioned Stielike's management, so it's beyond me as to how you're not even seeing the bigger picture here.

Mainly my assumptions and hatred towards Stielike? Coming from the guy who resorts to using google translate, you just don't have a fcuking clue on what's going on given the fact that you believe Stielike is not at fault, but let me get this straight and across that thick skull of yours, the mess initially started with the KFA but that doesn't excuse the fraud of innocence for the 3 years of failure and time he has wasted. If he was truly innocent, he wouldn't be making excuses nor pinning the blame on the players but himself, otherwise he would've accepted his failures as the manager and stepped down from his position, but seeing how he still wants to cling on believing that he still has something to prove, just goes to show you how much he's not really caring about the KNT and its future, nor thinking about the situation.

Lastly, I understand that you're sick and tired of all the banter (As so is the other members), but until the day comes where the fraud leaves, I will have nothing good to say about Stielike or the KFA, so as I've said time and time again, if you're sick of reading my shit, then simply hit the ignore button (I'm pretty certain some members already have, but hey you do what you gotta do, and no hard feelings), otherwise you can drop me a PM and seek for my consultation.

aeh1991 and killaorca repped this.
  11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    별 새끼들이 다있음.. 아니 그렇게 슈근혜 까는게 억울하냐?

ㅅㅂ 그 독일 사기꾼이 뭘 잘했다고 용서를 해야하나?

aeh1991, Kanuck, Hodori and 3 others repped this.
  12. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Wait what?

The way CDR left his position was uh, unceremonious to say the least. Leaving jobs like that is a big no no, let alone a high profile position for the KNT.

If you really think that a guy like CDR would leave this job in that manner without having some legit grievance, I really don't know what to tell you.

Kanuck, Seol Korea, Hodori and 1 other person repped this.
  13. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    For the record, Uli said that he wanted young coaches who could raise morale and facilitate communication. And then he added that he wasn't looking for much tactical input from them. So he wanted some nice guy who was respected by the players and also didn't want to "meddle" in Stielike's business.

Where in the world are you going to find good young coaches who fit that bill and actually want to do a job like that? It's not a coincidence that they went with SKH and CDR.

Asking questions is a good thing but you gotta do your homework first.

14. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Stielike actually refused to get any experienced coaches even tho KFA offered him a few years ago.

Seol Korea and Hodori repped this.
  15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I find it more amazing that some folks here are still inclined into believing that Stielike is not at fault even after witnessing for him/herself of the wasted 3 years under his tenure. The main point here is that both Stielike and the KFA are equally at fault, and it doesn't excuse neither of them from the fcuk ups that they've caused due to pure incompetency and stubbornness, but apparently it is too hard for them to comprehend that.

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I think KFA is more at fault for hiring this guy and they have a track record for being incompetent. That's why we're in this mess. But I also think it's reasonable that fans are upset about Stielike and they should be able to share their frustration in this forum. His management has a more direct impact on how KNT performs so obviously fans will more likely to judge Stielike if there's a string of bad performances. If people don't like that then they can just leave the forum; no need to be vain about it.

17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #642 Seol Korea, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Technically yes, the KFA is largely to be blamed for given their decades long track record of ruining managers' careers and their overall incompetency, but just solely looking at the overall behavior and irrational decisions made by both Stielike and Lee Yong-soo throughout the 3 years, they are equally to be blamed for; basically both Stielike and Lee Yong-soo are in one body (이용슈).

Also, it is always easy for the public and media to quickly criticize a manager since he is the one in charge of the team and not the FA, but in this particular case Stielike is not the victim, and both the public as well as the media have every right to blame him for his actions, so you can't call it unjust.

killaorca repped this.
  18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm sorry but I find this ridiculous. Few years ago or not (when he was initially hired by KFA), Stielike agreed to hire new foreign assistant last year but Lee YS/KFA failed to hire new assistant. Now.. Uli stated afterwards (as far as media reports/KFA statements) he wants young coaches to fill the rest of his staff (unwise but whatever).

On Cha DR, again... ridiculous for so many of you to pin everything on Uli. As someone stated, KFA treated Cha Sr horribly. It is entirely possible Cha DR suddenly quit & resigned because he couldn't fcuking deal with KFA. Uli stated he was shocked.. not BETRAYED by Cha DRs resignation. We're talking about Cha DR.. almost voluntarily joining Uli staff to help him because he likes him (at least based on his interview after the hiring). He might have lost hope in him at the end or whatever, but judging by the timing of him quitting (when he could have just quit after last WCQ if he couldn't deal with Uli... instead of after vacations are over for the KNT coaching staff) & statement by the recently hired assistant... it is entirely possible he could have quit due to other factors other than Uli Stielike being incompetent.

I don't like Uli. I stated as much ever since he was hired. I never ever liked his tactics (I stated KNTs good fortune at previous AC as luck) & I fully supported.. like the rest of you.. for Uli to be sacked after losing to China. Yes, he has many faults but this constant personal agenda (imo) against Uli is getting tiring. Shit that possibly has nothing to do with him (or just partially at fault) but someone of you are linking & blaming everything on him (based on assumption, conjecture & rumors on one side of the story). It almost makes it seem you guys are shifting the entire focus/blame game on ULI alone. That fcuking annoys me when imo, considering how fcuking incompetent KFA were the past decade under this current KFA pres... this entire focus of blame game should be directed at KFA. Uli Stielike doesn't have any power. He is nothing but a coach. Lee YS, KFA pres, the technical committee and etc have the power to HIRE & SACK. They have the final decision on everything....

19. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    lol yea cha duri quit after two matches because of his hatred for kfa. the same kfa that worked to reinstate cha bumkeuns name in korean soccer and gave him an honorary position within the organization. im sure cha duri had no idea korean national team was ran by the kfa when he accepted the job offer. if the suggestion is that cha bumkeun and cha duris opinion hold equal value (which appears to be the case), cha bumkeun--after defending senileike for the longest time--said he was in support of major changes after the match against syria

Seol Korea repped this.
  20. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    It is even more ridiculous to say as if Stielike has no fault at all in the current shitty situation, like you implied. It was already fking too late when he agreed to hire a foreign assistant.

21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    개소리 좀 그만해라 이 꼴통아.. 그렇게 억울하다면 너도 걍 슈근혜+이용수랑 같이 나가

너같은 꼴통 새끼들은 슈근혜 빠는 놈들이랑 다름없음

22. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    CDR bailed on the team and basically made it to clear to everyone that he was unhappy. No bullshit statement to the press to save face; didn't even bother to inform Uli in person. Uli was apparently shocked by this, so we can reasonably assume that CDR never (or at least very sparingly) spoke to Uli about what was bothering him.

I can believe that CDR's main beef was with the KFA given their history, but it's also hard to imagine him leaving the team in that manner if he had a high opinion of how Stielike has been running the team. CDR left in a way that would obviously embarrass and complicate things for Stielike. That leads me to assume that CDR didn't appreciate how Uli was running things.

I can't speak for others, but I've personally made it clear numerous times that I think the KFA is at the root of the KNT's problems. I don't know if I've ever seen someone on BSK give a pass to the KFA and blame Stielike for everything. BOTH the KFA and Stielike are to blame, and that's what most of us on here have been saying.

And again, Stielike specifically said that he wasn't looking for tactical input from his coaches. He wanted guys who could hang out with the players and lighten up the mood a little bit.

Good luck finding someone reputable who would be down with that.

23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    this I can agree but too often, the focus of the blame is on Uli. perhaps because he is the public figure & i agree.. he is clearly responsible on many issues that went wrong the past 3 yrs or so but in the end, he is nothing but a coach of the NT. he doesn't have the powers to hire, sack, or make changes to NT system except select who to play on matchday.

this was the 1st interview when Cha DR was hired. he compared Uli situation w/ his dad in the past. judging by how he had continued communication when he wasn't part of KNT staff & how Uli had 1 hr meeting before his resignation was finalized, I can't see how Cha DRs sudden resignation is all on Uli.

http://kfa.or.kr/news/news_interview_view.asp?BoardNo=2606&Page=11&Query=PageSize=10&Gubun=11401&Key=0&Word=

24. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Separate from the Cha Duri stuff, but this is a gross simplification. Stielike's job is to coach the players. That's why he's a coach, not the player selector. (And it might be noted that even player selection were his one detail, he's doing a poor job at it).

Seol Korea repped this.
  25. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i can't believe we're even arguing about this. let us stop making excuses for the man and the association.

gross change is needed. will it come? not any time soon.