The Official 2016 SEC Thread- It probably won't be YOUR team... again

Discussion in 'Football' started by Auriaprottu, Aug 1, 2016.

1. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PSU was playing USC. I do think they would have scored on Clemson but I don't think it would have been that competitive, seieing as how USC's QB was dicing them up early.

Watson would have rolled them.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The thing is.. Clemson's defense isn't remotely good! It's surely not better than their defense last season! You saw their game against FSU(?), Louisville or Pitt??? It was attack vs. attack.. I'm sure Penn St would've made it a 49-49 affair in the 4th and possibly win it on a FG or something. Anything than watching Barrett and Samuel get dinks and dumps all game long.

3. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PSU got crushed by the only other competition they played, michigan. They gave up 31 to Wisconsin. Clemson would have scored 100.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    This guy makes a GREAT point:

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why don't you tell us what it was so we can see if the video is worth watching?

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Or.. you can just waste the couple of seconds out of your time and see if the video intrigues you enough to watch it. Either way, you're not really hurting anybody's feelings by not watching it.

7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Show Spoiler

Made you look.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    To hell with Bama. I'm a happy camper tonight.

stanger repped this.
  9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Someone needs to console Kirk Herbstreit.
    2. Um, when you hit a player in the head with your helmet, you're not sending a message. You're trying to concuss the other team's best player.
    3. The earlier play was probably a pick, but on that last play, the Bama cornerback just grabbed Clemson's outside receiver. If the inside defender gets picked, that's the fault of the corner, not Clemson's outside receiver.

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, yeah...if I've got it right, the ACC had a tidy little 8-3 record in bowl games.

stanger repped this.
  11. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The Big Ten was the big loser this bowl season (3-7) while the SEC dipped just below .500 with Bama's loss (6-7).

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, it was 9-3.

Down here in ACC country, we have fun with SEC arrogance. The local talk guys have a clip of some SECcer saying "it means more" that they roll out when they tweak the SEC. it's gotten a lot of play the last few days.

The SEC needs to snap back to its form of a few years back. It's kind if living off its reputation right now. I'm not saying the ACC is better (although it probably was this one, particular season.) I'm saying with Harbaugh at Michigan, and the depth in coaching currently in the ACC, they aren't head and shoulders number 1 anymore.

One factor that a little unfair to the SEC is that while the season ends with 4 in state rivalries that match the ACC against the SEC, it's all the SEC East, easily the weaker half.