The Obligatory US vs ES Roll Call Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Nothus, Oct 9, 2002.

1. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh, yes, Pavlov's scientific theory in action...

Ring, ring, ring, ring!!

Here's your treat...

GO, boy! GO!!

2. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ring, ring!!

Weren't you in Best In Show?

Woof!

4. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rrriiigghhhttt....whatever you say.

5. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya didn't do so well in biology class, I suppose.

6. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nah, the 99 on the final kinda upset me a little bit...i was aiming more along the lines of a 55 or 60.

oh yeah, WTF is your problem?

7. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note to Mods, can you close this thread? It's a waste of time and has no purpose anymore. Thanks.

8. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Folks - I personally like hearing who's coming to games. Could we keep the antagonism towards each other out of this thread? As for the Confederate flag, think how Jeff Cunningham, Cobi Jones, Eddie Pope, Earnie Stewart, etc. would feel about it.

9. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Do you think there would be any way one or two large red/blue flags would be allowed? It's a longshot as they'd have to include the large flexible pole which is attached (can't be seperated) but if it's ok I might be able to bring two.

10. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Red flag by it self is fine. Blue flag by it self is probally a bad idea (unless stars are included). Blue represents the opposing team. Poles will have to be incredibly thin. No metal poles allowed (rfk policy).

DRUMMING: BASS DRUMS ONLY. I know more noise can be created with different types of drums, but our GOAL is to have our voices heard. THe bass drum keeps us all in the same tune.

The founder of la norte and the co founders have agreed that too many different drums drown out singing. We know this because we have been through it with prior fan clubs in our home country and in RFK. Earlier, a norteno mentioned bring your drums. I agree, but make sure its bass.

If u are bringing a BASS drum, please be at our tail gate before the game. WE have to cordinate the beat according to each song.

11. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    I'll be coming down from Philadelphia via Amtrak with all sorts of accoutrements... anyone else from the Philly area please e-mail or PM me.

12. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno. I don't agree with this statement. Different types of drums work in a section. It really does. As long as they stand next to each other, everything be cool. So, I don't know why this is a pressing issue, guys.

13. J. Books

J. Books New Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Maryland

Everyone knows how up for it the bhoys from NYC were. They wanted to fight Johnny Reb so bad they burned half their own city down in '63 in protest of the draft.
    And once the drunken mob hit the poor black neighborhoods, you couldn't tell which side of the mason-dixon you were on. A few hundred lynchings in a few days...I'm not sure if the Klan ever matched that record.;)

While we're on this silly subject, I personally like to see state flags at U.S. matches...show us how far you travelled to be outnumbered 4 to 1 in your own country.

14. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Well, I know that blue alone is a dumb idea, give me more credit. The flags in question are red and navy blue together on the same flag in different designs. They are the same as those we use in Chicago every matchday.

The poles are flexible PVC, and hollow.

If they're not any good, fine, I just would like to know cause I could probably manage to bring 2.

15. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Liam,

I'm not sure RFK will allow you to bring those poles in. They've not allowed us to in the past.

Sachin

16. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sachin, at the Uruguay game many of the Uruguay fans were bringin flag poles that were really skinny and flimsy. I dunno, just bring em and if we can't use the flag poles then oh well. There's no way you can detach them from the pole huh?

17. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

stick 'em down your pants and up your shirt... you'll need to be wearing a coat anyways... just walk with a limp

18. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Re: Re: The Obligatory US vs ES Roll Call Thread

jim...you know how big these flags are.

Unless I'm Manute Bol, that ain't gonna work.

It sounds like this is a longshot at best, so i'll leave em at "El Cardinal".

19. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    Re: Re: Re: The Obligatory US vs ES Roll Call Thread

i thought we had some smaller ones to be honest

the only ones i have used are the ones around 5'x7' with poles taller than me

20. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Re: Re: Re: Re: The Obligatory US vs ES Roll Call Thread

We do, but the small ones suck.

The medium and large ones are the ones I'm talking about, and have at least eight to twelve foot poles.