"The Norwegian Wonderkid"- The Official Welcome Martin Ødegaard Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The move to Sociedad looks to not only have been the right destination but also the right time for Martin. I watched the first half and he looked very calm out there.

Great stuff.

3. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009

In April:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/ou...rs-lies-thread.2086590/page-317#post-37714723

In June:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/su...transfer-thread.2103905/page-89#post-37856644

In August:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/su...ransfer-thread.2103905/page-387#post-38074816

Like always YS doesn't have a clue

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You're one of those too stupid to insult but hey it's fun to laugh at you so I will.

Re-read my post again. I clearly state you wanted VdB (whom would cost €60M) while I was the one saying we would be crazy to spend €60M on VdB (a lesser player) when we have a superior player we sent on loan earlier. I concluded that would be stupid; textbook definition poor planning.

Here you prove my point

You are clearly advocating the signing of VdB. You heavily pushed for his sign July and August. All while I was saying "That would be stupid because we have a better midfielder in Odegaard".

Show us all where you stated that exactly?

Just for a kicker, you didn't even understand Odegaard's actual position. Below you compare his role to Rodrygo a wide attacker while you compare Oscar (midfielder) to VdB.

No one questioned if you liked or said anything positive about Odegaard. What was said was you were beating your drum about VdB. You wanted the club to pay €60M for VdB.

All while Odegaard is twice the player.... but what should I expect? You think Rodrygo and Odegaard play the same role. You think Belotti is a can't miss talent. You thought we should replace Benzema with Werner.

You're well know to say dumb crazy shit.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  5. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009

Pretty sure that says kdb not vdb lmfao, who is saying stupid shit now

Odegaard often played on the wing last season or in midfield depending on the formation played. That's why I said he'd be a great replacement for Modric as well.

Totalfootballanalysis.com did a great up on this for people just like you.

You see I actually watched them play football.

I was wanting vdb over spending 200m on Pogba, who you wanted so badly because you only know players from playing fifa not actually watching football

You're well known for being arrogant and lashing out at anyone who somehow has a different opinion, maybe lay off the roids instead of threatening everyone who dares oppose your opinion on a football forum ffs and get off your high horse.

Edit: oh and welcome to my ignore list, not worth dealing with your bs all the time. Lest you threaten to hit me again like the keyboard warrior you are lol

6. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018

Uhm what lol

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Insecure bitches naturally believe anyone stronger or bigger then them have to be on something.

This guy is this hurt over muscles, imagine how insecure he is financially and with his "manhood".

J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t understand this discussion at all, what point is he trying to make??

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, let’s not do this. Back on-topic please.

janos audron and Eddie repped this.
  10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol not speaking about him but u right

I went from 220 chubby to 200 pounds solid and i get accused of roiding almost every day. Been dieting and training 6 days a week twice a day for a year but since they dont even know what a gym looks like, i get accused of roiding all the time. They don't even ask, they assume. I freaking hate it

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    0:29 - shows crucial movement which Kroos usually does not do. Off - loads the ball and proceeds with continuation movement in depth, in sweet spot for creative play.

0:37 - fantastic work rate.

1:04 - beautiful forward pass.

etc...

In short, he keeps searching for optimal position. He moves properly with tons of energy. His solutions are great. Plus, he has work rate. Man, i hope he develops to top tier. Looks like he will.

Stiliyan, Drouchk and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Loaning him to Sociedad was a great decision. Hopefully he comes back in 1-2 years for a starting role.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I was about to ask actually, do you reckon he can be a like for like replacement for Kroos or Modric? When we first signed him I think many saw him as an attacking wide player, now it looks like he's playing a lot deeper. Assuming James has a good season and stay, I am curious to see if a midfield 3 of Odegaard, James and Casemiro will work.

14. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No reason to hate it man, just take it as a compliment. I always do.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    If Fernandinho, David Silva and De bRuyne can work then why not? I’m assuming you’re worried about the defensive side of things, assuming we have a good system and everyone works hard off the ball.

Nathanial Essex and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James being soft defensively is a myth now. Heynkes turned him into a true midfielder. Looks like Martin also has a good work rate. So we would be fine

Stiliyan, Nathanial Essex and Drouchk repped this.
  17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yep, I’d argue that we’re stronger defensively with James than with Kroos since the latter can’t be bothered to track back for the most part while James gets stuck in.

Ssr9 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I see him as Modrić replacement. Has all the traits to become complete CM. Effective in attack and defense, while also having the capacity to control tempo. As such, i think he should be involved in more balanced role instead of purely attacking one.

As for line-up. It would be interesting to see Pogba, Odegaard and Casemiro combo. I don`t see James as a CM. For me he is purely AM / CAM. Maybe double pivot, plus Odegaard and James as LM / RM. Another interesting option.

Anon. and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's with this Pogba obsession? Why is he so casually inserted in so many arguments and future lineups?

Ssr9 repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  21. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pogba is overpriced. For him to be a good deal, he needs to come at below 100ME and we need the other CM to be a workhorse who is at least average technically.
    I doubt that can happen.

22. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Considering Pogba can't even outperform McTominay so far I'd hold off paying anything for him and see how Odegaard/Oscar/Ceballos/James do before spending that sort of money.

Ssr9 repped this.
  23. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    They might save up for Kylian Mbappé from PSG - someone need to replace Benz in some years.:)

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Best young player in the league so far. not Jao Felix or anyone else.

BjornH repped this.
  25. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is limiting himself with his one foot football. It can make a big difference if he starts to use his right foot when needed. A HUGE difference actually.

madridista_hr repped this.