"The Norwegian Wonderkid"- The Official Welcome Martin Ødegaard Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea. Casemiro starting over Jose Rodriguez pissed off many who followed Castila those days. They thought it was unfair. Jose now plays in Israel now while Casemiro is one of the best in his position. Odegaard had Bayern, Barca, Liverpool etc after him. His family visited training facilities of many top clubs. His transfer fee was low risk even in 2015. What if he was only 16? If we hadn't signed him, Bayern or Barca would.

2. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Odegaard definitely has the talents and probably this season is one of the most important in his career development wise as he now knows the league, the team etc..

Interesting thing though is I noticed he's no longer part of the senior NT, wonder why he has dropped despite being a starter at his club?

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He was dropped when he was playing in Segunda B for Castilla. Could get a senior call up soon if he continues to do well in Dutch league.

4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Why would I be offended? Heerenveen isn't a good team, it's not even a good team in Holland (midtable, sub-top at best) but playing in Holland in your teens is not that bad for your evolution. He can play more freely there and develop his skills with the Dutch teams playing more attacking (wether they do it good is another thing) and there not being a lot of pressure there.

It's just that he shouldn't stay there too long, as being in the Dutch league too long wouldn't be too great.as it's just not as good as it once was (when Romario and Ronaldo started out in Europe here) so he'd need to be set against better opponents than you can find in the Eredivisie.

But for now, I don't see the harm in him being in Holland.

5. Ontnr

Ontnr Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Against Germany U21
    918158089194496001 is not a valid tweet id

Excape Goat and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  7. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    926535306358263809 is not a valid tweet id

damn, he just ended their careers. From what Ive seen from him this season, this kid should asap join our squad. IMO he is even more talented then Asensio. His vision is Messi-like its crazy, those Heerenveen players don't understand him. Doesn't need a Espanyol-like loan, could do him well tho.

S1na, madridista_hr and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Odegaard shutting mouths.

How many said this kid would be a bust? Glad he is making the most of his situation.

First player in for Lucas.

Maybe during the winter if we are still due to lacking creativity and spark from the bench.

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say what? He is playing in the Eredivisie, a level not even close to that of Spain. Also, creativity and spark off the bench are what Ceballos is for. No way he is ready for a call-up. Next step is to loan him in Spain for a season to get the speed of the league. Then see if he is ready, imo.

Deep Pal, S1na, madridista_hr and 3 others repped this.
  10. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Fully agree. Not ready for the A team yet... Maybe two seasons in La Liga to get him fully prepared. I see him as a player who steps into the next phase of Madrid...post-Ronaldo/Benz/Bale era.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Ceballos is a midfielder. I expect him to organize and stabilize, not to be the offensive spark and creator.

Lucas is trash. At this point anyone is an upgrade. Asensio looks lost.

Maybe that confidence can see him grow more.

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Lucas but his end product hasn't been good enough for awhile. Asensio ain't there yet. I agree on these things. But Ceballos has an eye for a pass. He is more of an Isco than Kroos. Dribbles a lot looking for openings and mostly through balls. We need to use him more and further up the pitch. He played at the 10 for Betis where he could set forwards loose and take some pops on goal. That's what I want to see happen more. Odegaard shouldn't be taken away in the winter regardless. Let him finish out a solid season and move up, step by step.

Deep Pal, S1na, ahnaf and 2 others repped this.
  13. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LV is the epitome of average. He does have heart and hustle but boy his final delivery / decision making is horrendous

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I agree with all of this. If not for this season start I would never even think anything like Odegaard coming back.

However I'm desperate and angry at what we allowed to occur.

15. He's still subject to his age up and down performance curve. Over here he's allowed to do so and learn from his mistakes. Still needs to mature into a player that performs consistently on the high level he's capable of. At the moment it is still moments of pedal to the metal and then stationary.

Deep Pal, Digital, S1na and 3 others repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Odegaard man. That kids vision and ability to play the ball is tremendous.

I bash Florentino for Mbappe, have to praise him for this gem.

-Reivax-, Deep Pal, HZinho and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The vision Odegaard has....... can’t be taught.

He had it as a kid as well (lol I guess he’s still a kid) but now you can see it maturing and refining while a year ago it was very very raw.

As a general point, the game has kind of gone away from players like Ozil and Odegaard. Pity. That’s the type of player I enjoy watching the most.

-Reivax-, S1na, Digital and 8 others repped this.
  19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Hopefully it's just a cycle and those type of players come back. They are the most entertaining to watch in my opinion.

I think Isco and James are that type. They are just not being used that way right now.

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eriksen is more of that type than Isco or James are imo.

21. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t see Eriksen as such player TBH. He’s a combination player who works hard, but rarely has a ‘wow-pass’ (which doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the required vision). Ozil, Guti (and hopefully Odegaard) on the other hand see passing lanes that others don’t even know exist (even after rewatching the play) and have that beautiful dribbling style as well.

The quality Odegaard has, is impossible to teach. That vision and passing skills are seriously out of this world, very impressive for a full-grown player in his prime let alone a young kid of 18. If he becomes a bit more efficient (and a little bit stronger), he’ll be a world class player. These type of players is why you visit stadiums, a joy to watch. Hope he develops well!

-Reivax-, madridista_hr, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ahmadi8, Nathanial Essex and natenate101 repped this.
  23. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This guy is one of the most positive things going for us so far this season. Has to be back next season. Bleed him in like we have done with Asensio.

Ahmadi8 and Deep Pal repped this.
  24. And he made AD Sportwereld's team of the week:
    [​IMG]

25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I expect the club to sell Lucas and bring back Odegaard to replace him next summer window.