The North Remembers - Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At least Ashur cites his sources now. He went for years posting articles in their entirety on different forums going back to soccernet without citing where they came from.

2. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Rashford showing why he shouldnt be spearheading our attack.

3. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Mou was in the crowd for Serbia vs Montenegro - so SMS transfer links being made again.

4. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pogba replacement

5. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Did Milenkovic played ?? Mou also keeping tabs on him aswell so who knows.

6. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    SMS only had last ten mins and also on bench today (another national coach who doesnt rate him?).

So Milenkovic maybe - perhaps Mou has fallen out with Dalot already ... Or maybe the fallout with Valencia (not even in squad last game after his social media gaff) is bigger ;)

Anonymous_United repped this.
  7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sergej and Milenkovic, a 6'5 CB are the likely targets Mourinho is looking at.
    Not sure what this has to do with Dalot or Valencia. Not to mention eventhough we know that Mourinho can easily pick a fight with anyone, but a fall out with Dalot seems unlikely. If anything, Dalot looks to be in the same boat as AP. Both players should by any reasonable logic be a bigger part of the rotation, yet for reasons only Mourinho can explain, they find themselves shunned.

8. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dude, you really dont get sarcasm do you? ;)

Milenkovic is a CB / RB - bit like we were told Lindelof was. We were supposed to be looking for a left-sided CB given none of ours look comfortable there. But then not much sense can be found in our recent transfer history ...

Most interesting thing in the Serbia game so far has been Tadic pen miss - wide and high and then some.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never heard of Milenkovic being a RB, so I did not get how he'd correlate to our RBs in any way, form or fashion....
    Besides, the obvious obsession with Mourinho for a CB, in itself explains why he'd be looking at Milenkovic. As long as he's in charge, he's clearly not letting this issue go...

10. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    He may get sacked but if he finds us a good CB before leaving it would be a blessing. I dont rate Jones rojo smalling and will wait to see how Lindelof and Bailly performs under diff manager rather than passing early execution.

11. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  12. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Is it weird that I am fine with Mourinho staying for a while. We need stability, we need players to step it up. He ll need to change his system. He realizes that a bit without him saying it.

13. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes it is weird. Because he's shown nothing in 2+ years that backs up keeping him. Were currently off to the worst start since Moyes took over and he's working with a much better squad than Moyes had. Its inexcusable and he's shown zero signs of progress. Even last season we didnt play good football. We were just defensively solid and our conversion rate was way above the mean.

14. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Turn over is not good at this point. No good will come out of it.

15. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    How will no good come out of it? How can you possibly make such an idiotic declaration?

16. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not trying to speak for Jeff here but we absolutely must get the next manager right. We have failed the last 3 times in hiring a manager. We need to be proactive not reactive. If we hire a manager now for the sake of letting Jose go we will be in the same position in 3 years time.

jeff070 repped this.
  18. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    It's the type of managers we've hired, not the turnover that's affected us negatively. It's bullshit to think there aren't managers available now who can make a difference with the pieces we have.

19. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would rather the club linger midtable for a while but willing to build a foundation based on the club’s past philosophies, those of attacking football and never say die attitude. GTFOH looking for stability from Mou.

Futbol_Head, MizzouMUFC and Gilma1990 repped this.
  20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fully agree. I've said before that I'd be happy to miss out on Europe and face a rebuilding year I'd it meant we could develop an attacking style and get some structure back in the club.

21. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    sure but if this story is correct and we didn't back him in the summer why back him now or even entertain discussion especially in the winter window when there is a paucity of good options?

even if this is all some plan to avoid paying £29m in severance, any transfer made in either of the next two windows will cost that and more. just cut the cord, interim and develop a true mid to long term strategy

thenamestsam repped this.
  22. thenamestsam

thenamestsam Member+

Aug 8, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not buying in the summer because you don't trust your manager and then panic buying in the winter for the same manager (after a dismal half season) would be the perfect encapsulation of Woodward's idiotic tenure. Zero thought or planning going into anything more than seconds in the future. Mou is only half the problem, if that. Letting Woodward continue to run the football operations of this club is a deathwish.

23. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think given the wide WIDE range of takes on what we are going to do in the winter, the only thing I'm solid on, is that nobody knows what we are going to do.

A cheeky bid for Toby would be on the cards and I think a bid for someone like Skrinar or Romagnoli would make sense too.

24. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's okay we'll end up losing DDG to Juve soon enough that it won't matter what Centrebacks we have.

benni... repped this.
  25. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    DDG issue is not finance but United overall ambition as club , We are in dire shit hole limbo where we have to spend money to show we mean business but we are not sure who wil be our manager come next season and how will the signings fit into next manager plans when Jose gets sacking.