The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seems to have had a string of pretty quiet games since the league returned from the break. Maybe the RW experiment isn't working? Obviously not an expert as I haven't watched the games in entirety, but can someone who has weigh in here?

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He's young and has struggled. Doesn't help his team is pretty crap.

Teams have found it easy to mark him because he is overly dependent on that right foot. Think Robben.

He needs to add more creativity to his game then getting the ball and running head down. He also needs to build confidence in using that left foot.

Digital repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1029884485289103360 is not a valid tweet id

Ahmadi8 and S1na repped this.
  4. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Came off the bench to do this.

Could use a decent tap in merchant.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Thought it was a Madjer, but apparently not.

better video:

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Impressive stats.

MiamiNative0722, Anon., Shay Z and 5 others repped this.
  7. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rodrygo is a fantastic boy! (Yeah, in last games he struggles a bit, but is absolutely normal for a boy of 17 years old.)

Him and Vinicius caused a war in social media, sporting tv and fans week by week here in Brazil with his plays and goals, "Vinícius is better, not, Rodrygo is, you wrong!" haha.

I love both.

Rodrygo has more ball control, can drible more easily, also is more mature in field and can make more correte choices than Vinícius today.

Vinícius is more strong, more explosive/fast, can read the spaces in field and atack them impressively, spaces that only he is capable to see for score goals or make assist. (It reminds me a little of C.Ronaldo.)

Two prodigys.
    The two biggest hopes of Brazil national team.

Happy is Real Madrid who has both for the future.

8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I like this dude. His posts make me optimistic. :D

Eddie, libertao, Ahmadi8 and 4 others repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It’s nice to have local posters give their input. It’s invaluable since they are closer to that league and country.

I have big expectations of Rodrygo. Bigger than Vin. I don’t have anything to back this up but I just “feel” when I see Rodrygo that he might be a special player.

Lol yes....... close control and dribbling gives me a hard on. But most people in my age group who grew up watching the joga bonito Brazilians think that’s sexy. Lol.

Digital and S1na repped this.
  10. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Definitely. But i think the mentality is the more important factor than any talents or skills. They need to be very tough, confident and persistent to succeed here.

Ahmadi8, Digital, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He has struggled because teams are making him one dimensional.

He is only using that right foot and he is dribbling head down like Robben. He needs to add more of a creative flair to his arsenal.

He is young though so if we allow him to develop he should grow in this aspect.

12. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    They are just such different players who should mesh well and cause so many fits for opponents.

Rodrygo so silky and cutting/dribbling/feinting for days, Vinícius with the explosive power and pace that makes him unplayable for opponents.

Going to be a real treat to watch these two up front for us. 90m for both of them, and if even only one of them turns out, we wouldn’t consider selling him for that number.

13. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My pleasure, haha.

Yeah, Rodrygo can dribble more easily than Vinícius, but Vini has much more creativity in that case, like the dribble against Roma, Rodrygo is more direct against the defensor.

Him actually plays in right side of the field for Bruno Henrique play in left, and i believe this is the principal motive for him play not very well recently, but Santos is a joke in the league, the team has talent, realy has, but lack of teamwork, organization and comand...Cuca (the new coach) arrives a weeks ago and made some improviments, Rodrygo and his fellas most likely will be beter.

And Rodrygo will feel more comfortable for play and grown.

S1na, kelvinphr and Zidane05 repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He has played some on the left since the change. He didn't do too bad their against Cruzeiro.

He just needs to develop a plan b. Everything can't be dribbling head down to the touch line.

Anders2555 repped this.
  15. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Like Arjen Robben on the left side?

16. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do you think Vinicius Jr. and Rodrygo can play together? And what would be their best positions? I think Vinicius would be better as striker while Rodrygo left wing forward.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    At this point in time that is exactly what he is. I have made the comparison in previous posts when discussing his play.

18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrygo is just not a right winger but he's so good that the Santos coach puts him there knowing that he will help the team even if its suboptimal for him. I totally believe that if you put Neymar or R9 on the right wing, they will play in a similar way. Rodrygo plays incredibly intelligent from a position that is not his natural one; he involves his teammates constantly with passes to the middle and to overlapping on the touchline, he crosses, cuts inside, gets to the byline, generally does everything he can given that he's a right footer. I'm actually pretty impressed by how he plays as a RW at that age.

19. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, they can play togheter in my vision, and i believe they would be a fantastic duo in future, the skills complement each other very well and the defenders will go crazy.

And i agree whith you, Vinícius in a near future can be a elite striker, he has height, strength, speed and good vision, Rodrygo can alternate in both sides of field whith extreme speed also, in general, these two can alternate the left/right side and a strike position very well.

They, in fact, complete themselves, speed, strength, ability ...

RomanMadrid, Ahmadi8, Stiliyan and 6 others repped this.
  20. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Interesting. We have various gems. I have high hopes for Rodrygo, Vinicius Jr. & Valverde.

Anders2555 repped this.
  21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I agree with this assessment, not sure what people are about when they say he just dribbles with his head down, this kid’s decision making is better than most senior players his teammates however tend to not be on the same page.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Two people who actually watch Brasiliero Serie A agree about the player, his style, the team, the dynamic, the season, etc... basically say the same thing.

A person who doesn't, only watches highlights and knows none if the above if they aren't repeating something they have read elsewhere says something different and another who doesn't watch the league doubles down.

Never change RMBS... never change.

Anyways, @Anders2555 thanks for stopping by. Don't be a stranger.

23. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks, today Santos will play against Bahia in a home game, if i can watch the game, in the end i can do a Rodrygo performance evaluation.

S1na, PigBenis, Digital and 5 others repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    They aren't showing the match live on GolTv so I will have to stream, but I will try to catch it as well.

25. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is starting against Bahia - hope he has a good game