The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Sampaoli started Rodrygo tonight on the right. He mainly stayed on the right or floated centrally. No world beating performance, but he was active.

Pedro from Fluminese did score a header. If you guys remember we were heavily linked with him before he got injured.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So will Rodrigo be competing with Asensio for minutes? Could you imagine what happens if we bought Hazard and couldn't sell Bale? He's definitely going out on loan for 2 yrs minimum. It's gonna be weird to watch Asensio, Vini and him competing for a single position.

3. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We've kind of mismanaged Asensio. If he keeps being used as a LW, then I'd rather look for suitors to be honest. Sell at a good price now that he's still worth something. Alternatively, try using him as a midfielder, that's more natural for him I'd say. But that's probably even more difficult as the midfield - if the rumours are to be believed - will be stacked. A huge shame, but the blame is also a bit with Asensio (haven't said this before), he seems so timid, no real desire to succeed I guess. Strange.

Regarding Rodrygo - I'd say there is very, very little chance he gets a place in the first team next season. Vinicius was a wild card as we didn't have enough players in attack. Vinicius is not the norm IMO, he's the exception. To be honest, I never expected both Vinicius and Rodrygo to get a place in the first team immediately, just one of them at most. Rodrygo's chance will probably be the '20/'21 season. Or, he takes everyone by storm like Vinicius did, in which case...holy moly!!

4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is so false

We have done nothing but give Asensio opportunity. He has just shown that at best he is inconsistent (even in the right) and most effective when he is shooing with his left foot.

We need more than that from our attackers and he isn't a striker..

Anon., Halycon, robnycus and 1 other person repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #230 4x4s, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Asensio mostly mismanaged himself. Didn't challenge himself to get better and remained stagnant.
    He's not even the only youth sensation to see that happen to himself.
    In my opinion that's the biggest problem with this season. A lot of players assumed this would simply keep running forever. Isco, Asensio and plenty others look like third semester sociology students. Should have gone crazy in preparation after Cristiano left. Come back and burn players on the counter.

There are regular people with jobs putting the work in getting in crazy shape and you have all these apologists saying "well you can't demand that from him, he just came back from an itch in the elbow region 2 months ago".

Anon., Nathanial Essex, Shay Z and 8 others repped this.
  6. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #231 HZinho, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Glad you mentioned Isco, who has been a much bigger disappointment to me and did play on his natural position and was given way too many opportunities. If we can sell, do it. Fair enough about Asensio, but I at least gave you guys that in my very post.

I'm not going to defend a player that has disappointed me as well (because I don't think he's a once in a generation player or whatever), but when you give a play 101 opportunities to play as a winger (while he has limited qualities to do so), then I at least am not surprised he could do nothing to win a position on the first team.

Like I said, he's also somewhat timid and has no strong will to succeed. So basically I'm just in the middle of the spectrum, blaming both parties a bit while you guys are on one end blaming only the player. That's fine for me, but I find it suprising how both of you selectively quote the start of a message (which is then elaborated on a bit) and frame me (albeit implicitly) as someone who is a major 'defender' of Asensio. Frankly, I'd say sell this summer if a good offer comes. Same with Isco as mentioned above.

Not trying to hijack the Rodrygo thread. Mods may move to Asensio thread if useful.

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

"When I was at the Bernabéu, I imagined the stadium chanting my name, shouting 'Rodrygo, Rodrygo and celebrating my goals"

"I can only think good things about having a coach like Zidane, he has won everything at Real Madrid and that's the best way to learn from him. I am sure he's going to get the best out of me. "

" When I was at the Bernabéu, I went into the elevator and I met Benzema and Modric." Imagine, it was a tremendous surprise and more when I found out that they knew me ..

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2019/05/10/5cd45dce468aeb16138b457f.html

S1na, Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  8. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rodrygo wrecking Vasco right now (Flamengo """biggest""" rival), nice goal for him, get them Rodrygo!haha

Shay Z, YOUNGSTARS87 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Thanks for reminder. I need to watch.

He has donw better his last two matches. Especially the last one where he played first on the left the second half on the right. Just missing the goal.

10. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Against CSA i not see the game, but today he is playing very well in fact.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Je was very active against CSA. As I said started on left and second half in right. He had an amazing dribble where imje almost scored late in second half.

He's better on the right. :D

I saw he to end the half he was on the left. Has he been on the left all first half?

12. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No, he started in rght side, but later moved for Left side, he is constantly moving between the two sides in this first half, and this is very good, in the next season will be possible him and Vini play together in some occasions

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He's back playing on right side now. Vasco has much of the ball though

14. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, Santos is WAY more calm in this half compared to the first part, well, understandable whit 2-0.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Smh Rodrygo on left sets up 100% goal and that is blocked, which the rebound is horribly missed.

They seem tired... no?

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Rodrygo in full flow on left. I don't know what Mota was doing there.

He shouldn't even be tired he was a sub.

17. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Santos entire team is looking tired in fact, they ran a lot in the first half, but Vasco is a very weak team and can not push a minimal pressure.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Nice run and assist by Rodrygo (attacking from right to center).

3-0

Shay Z and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  19. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm laughing alone imagining a 22-23 years old Vinícius and Rodrygo running together against the defenders, haha, two speed demons brothers.

Shay Z, MiamiNative0722 and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Best part about both is neither are divas and both work hard. Always running and helping

21. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, Vinícius, Rodrygo, Brahim, Militão, Odeegard, Real Madrid young core for the next´s years is awesome, If they are well developed many other champions will come.

Shay Z and Prit Javier repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    They just showed replay of Rodrygo's goal. Very nice.

Attacking from left side and beat the keeper at his neat post.

Prit Javier repped this.
  23. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The goal is nice, but, sincerely i think the goalkeeper failed a bit haha, but, no doubt Rodrygo movement is very cool.

Prit Javier and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  24. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018

he scored again, cant wait to see him.
    I just hope Zidane dont bench him for some of his favorites.

25. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Just need a manager to lead them now. Who will play YOUTH and not washed up players like Marcelo, Isco, Asensio