The newer, brighter & shinier Random Thoughts Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's interesting the only things you can point to are all related to foreign policy.

A couple comments/questions:

1) Why is tightening the border good policy? It harms American businesses that rely on migratory workers. It pushes those who want to migrate to the smugglers, which makes its infinitely more dangerous. What are the positives, fewer brown people around?

2) Iran is a false enemy created by the CIA/Military who needs the next war. Trump's policy has increased the threat of war, not reduced it, which I guess could be good policy if another pointless war to enrich the military industrial complex is your objective.

3) RE: Brown people: see the administration's efforts to limit aid to Puerto Rico and the babies they are keeping in cages. Using a prison reform efforts which are designed to funnel the profits of locking up minorities are disproportion rates to private companies isn't a great rebuttal to the barely veiled racism of Trump and the right is a bit of a stretch.

delaynomo and usscouse repped this.
  2. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I know- I did 4 of 'em ... then a little forgery on the 5th one to get to do the proper control shoot jump, but then I left Ireland and never got around to making that one .... pity..... must be 28 years ago now.....

usscouse repped this.
  3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #128 usscouse, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Cherry picking on a couple of things that benefited his rich friends aren't really policy issues.

How about his 5 year lying policy of repealing the ACA. With his great Medicare for all that he has shelved until After the 2020 elections.
    I'm sure he means that?!

File that with the rest of his 8,000 lies, so far.

Then his wonderful tax policy. Let's give billions of dollars to the richest 1% of the country and watch the middle class get Uge trickle down benefits. What they did get is the biggest deficit in history and still rising.

His latest claim on his hurricane relief policy for Porto Rico. He said he's sent $93 billion in aid and only 16 people died. FEMA under his control says 3,000 died and according to their latest records they've spent $3 Billion.
    Hmm, only $90B difference.

How about his trade war policies. The ones that are forcing companies like GM to relocate overseas and bankrupting farmers. Take a look at how many American farmers committed suicide this year over his policies.

As. For NorKor. Some fine negotiating from Trump ended that in a heartbeat.
    "The day North Korea talks collapsed, Trump passed Kim a note demanding he turn over his nukes – CNBC"
    Nothing to do with the "Fox News blame the Dems farce"

"For starters, his policies regarding Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua"
    So what part of the border do we need a wall for to keep these three countries from?
    Perhaps Fox confused you again.
    image.jpg

This list could go on and on. The poor excuse for a human being and even poorer choice for a president.
    Is a liar and a cheat. Obsessed about Obama. Obsessed about making money while in the WH for himself his family and anyone in the GOP who will kiss his fat arse.
    This country is being dragged down in the eyes of Real Americans and the world as he snuggles up to the worlds despots.

4. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Finally.... Kellyanne Conway explaines Trumps health plan.

5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'd add one more ....
    4) Will my supporters - who (a) are carrying enormous chips on their shoulders and (b) have no interest in actually THINKING - going to believe the crap I come up with?

delaynomo, usscouse and dcc134 repped this.
  6. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    But they do. All the time they do.
    They're f'kin idiots.

Don't you be spreading fake news.

7. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Most of my 70 summat jumps were with full kit in a full plane. Got to get out quickly so you won't be too spread out on the ground. You don't have anywhere near the time that guy in the video had. From op height of 800 ft you have to clear the plane. Check your chute hoping for no twists. See that you're clear of other jumpers. Its always fun when someone swings through your rigging lines and comes out a different way. Ooops. Then drop your kit on the end of 20ft of nylon rope. Not on top of your buddy!
    Then assess your drift, adjust and look for a soft spot to land on. If it's daylight that is.
    That is a busy 17 seconds!!!

8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Mick Jagger needs a heart op.

there's a few good jokes in there somewhere but I'm too tired to think of them. :)

9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It better not be "You can't always get what you want."

10. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #135 usscouse, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Arnold Palmer calls your golf game.
    "A window into your sole"
    As you play in golf----As you act in life.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Attached Files:

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Trum lies and cheats? Since when?

12. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I forget what my 4 were from - but I believe it might have been 4000 ft. You get along time up there, and if you don't try to steet the bugger against the wind you can end up a couple of miles away from where you were supposed to......
    The count was 1-1 thousand, 2,- 2 thousand, 3 - 3 thousand, 4 -4 thousand ... after that if you don't see a canopy you start working on th elittl efront guy ... frantically, I would assume ... (and praying!)
    great fun though .... ;)

13. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you imagine that there are insufficient migrant workers in the country now? My wife's older son lives in Yakima. In the surrounding area, there are thousands of families who are in the area to pick fruit and vegetables. He's a substitute teacher. I suspect that California's central valley isn't much different.

14. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He is scum - pure, unadulterated human pond-scum. But he is only the result of 30+ years of increasingly insular talk-radio and latter day internet wacko-memetics....

Point #1 - he hasn't made matters worse. (Economics having gotten in his way. BUT = His tendency is to always make things worse. Note his comments about far-right protestors, these usually veiled initially with the possibility of some kind of admiration.)

point #2.

You (and predictable others elsewhere) keep repeating this bit of de-sanctified rubbish."I think Obama's deal was short-sighted."

Why do you think (and then further think you get to say) this? The fact that the rest of the world sees it as a very good deal makes a mockery of the canard that it is in any way a bad deal. It achieved what it was supposed to - key point for Trump's incapacity to understand it is that it WAS NOT meant to be a deal to somehow accredit other American or Israeli interests. If it had been initiated as such, then Trump would be in some way right, but it was not initiated as such - its prima facie reasoning was to halt any Iran nuclear weaponry program/research. Americans who supported the creation of the last grand Middle-East Mess, lie through their teeth to start wars and murder tens of thousands of people - and then have the returning murderous effrontery to want the unqualified right to act in front of the rest of us like they get to indubitably lie directly in the very same frequency at us again.....

There's another thing you keep missing. A theocracy in Iran isn't great for the stability of the region (maybe) neither is Israel (maybe) - I don't condone destroying either. In fact, you nor I have no right to an opinion on the matter of whether Israel should exist or not, just as you, John Bolton and Donald Trump have no right to any opinion on the ordering of the regime in Iran. It's (beyond disliking it) simply not your business. The Iranians have a right to conduct themselves as they see fit, insofar as they aren't arbitrarily breaking intenational law.

And get this straight when you mention Trump / Bolton, et al... (And this is, btw, a de facto traitorous position ...
    When you are willing to stand in front of the nation on national Television and assert what we all know to be true, and to not deny it when asked (that ISIS and Al Quaeda are the main sponsors of Islamic threat and terror in the world), then, subsequent to this, in the State of the Union address, you shouldn't (without it being treasonous) be allowed to dress up this genuine fear of a very dangerous threat as emanating from somewhere else (Iran) entirely.
    That is both a lie (designed with prime intent to add to the material as imaginative collateral in the mind of the average american; and thus, by deliberately obscuring the actual real Islamic-Militant danger which has already attacked the country once, it becomes and is treasonable behaviour.
    Bolton and Trump should both be jailed for this alone. It's a clear dereliction of duty.

usscouse repped this.
  15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    doesn't apply to Trump, he has no soul.

usscouse repped this.
  16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    BTW Trump says his handicap is better than Jack Nicklaus.

17. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #142 usscouse, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    I was talking about his shoe sole. :(
    Jack doesn't use a #10 Shoe Wedge.

18. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    My last couple of jumps were a 60th birthday pressie from mrs Scouse, were with square chutes. They were from a Cessna at 3500 ft.
    They were fun and you could steer them around before coming in upwind...... In a potato field!

image.jpg

Wingtips1 and el-capitano repped this.
  19. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Sounds like a perfect combination of Judge Smails and Al Czervik.

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yesterday (?), Trump also said that his father was born in Germany. His father was born in New York.

21. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure I follow your point. Are you saying there are thousands here to pick fruit, but they aren't needed, so your step son can only get a job as a substitute teacher?

I just don't understand why people give a shit who comes here to try and make a better life for themselves. I spent a good bit of my youth in Tasmania and have siblings/cousins in Mexico, Palau, Australia, England, Holland, Germany and the US, so I guess I have a somewhat unique life experience that has led me believe people should be free to live anywhere they choose, regardless of where they are from.

The amount of time, money and effort spent trying to restrict free movement of people is an absolute waste.

delaynomo repped this.
  22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    this could have come straight out of Trump's mouth .... a nonsensical word-salad of unrelated thoughts that make no sense whatsoever but is intended to convey some kind of cause-and-effect scenario. complete gibberish.

aka a good example of Trump-supporter "thinking".

delaynomo repped this.
  23. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    just came across this, made me chuckle ....

Colin McGlashan, the Scottish striker who famously got concussed during one Partick Thistle game and didn’t know who he was, prompting his coach John Lambie to tell the physio: “Great, tell him he’s Pelé and send him back out there.”

usscouse repped this.
  24. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Stilts, this is really straining my attempts of comprehension. Could be my fault. Perhaps a little help here.

25. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What’s wrong with Stilts’ post?...it fits the thread title to a ‘T’

:rolleyes::eek:

dcc134 repped this.