The New Tops

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by AmericanMag, Mar 14, 2012.

1. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I was thinking about getting a set of the yellow and gold hoops to give my white and black stripes a break for this upcoming season and saw that they now offer the jersey in my beer-friendly size. I know that the offer is only good until tonite but was wondering if anyone had any sizing tips on the Joma shirts? Do they run larger than others (i.e. Puma are usually smaller than adidas/nike etc.) I have a Joma GK top from my playing days in the XXL and it fits...

I know that I am leaving this for the last minute but the deadline crept up on me!

2. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Last year's tops ran a bit big. I got a medium and it was loose. Then again, I like my jerseys to have a more snug feel.

3. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Last year's tops ran a bit big. I got a medium (my usual size) and it was loose. Then again, I like my jerseys to have a more snug feel.

4. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you sir!

5. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will have both the new home and a new away/alternate for sale Thursday night. At least that's what I've been told. Away is supposed to be very different from last year. Rumor has it as yellow with hoop-like red pin stripes. Wish I had an extra $50 to get one tomorrow. For now I'm going with the new home hoops.

6. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, pop over to the unveiling of the new kits tomorrow at Duffy's Fort Lauderdale(just south of 17th st in the Publix plaza) at 6:30 and you ought to be able to try one on to see what fits best. They will be $50 tomorrow nite as well.

7. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there still time to RSVP?

8. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another question: When ordering the top it doesn't give you the option for name or number on the back? For those of you who have this on their shirts from last year, was that done through the club or third party?

9. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3rd part. I used SoccerMax in Sunrise - near Sawgrass Mills. Cost was $10.00. I'm doing the same on Monday to get my new jersey done there.

As for the RSVP....call the FO at 945 606-0400 and ask. I doubt if they'll be upset if you show up...:)

10. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    think I am going to crash it. Will I be able to get a Flight 19 pack there as well?

11. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just called the FO and the shirts will be there and there will be no need to RSVP. I didn't ask which Duffy's it is though. Anyone here know?

12. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1804 Cordova Rd., Ft Lauderdale. Just east of US1 about a block south of SE 17st in The Harbor Shops. Check out Google Maps to be sure of the easiest way to get there. Starts @ 630PM.

See ya then...:)