The New and Improved NT Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    What a game that kid played!! I have to admit that I don't recall him standing out as much in the other matches. He is a Real Sociedad product too. Hmmmm

2. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I watched most of the games and there are clearly a few players that look like they could become top class players.

I will be interested to see what Sarabia can do in La Liga with Getafe.

To bad Carvajal didn't get to play the final.

3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Alex and Morata were named to the best 11 team for the U-19s.

http://spanishfootballsports.blogspot.com/

THREE SPANISH U-19 FOOTBALL PLAYERS IN UEFA "BEST XI"

UEFA has handed in this afternoon their list of "The Ideal U-19 Europen Team" after the U-19 European Championships ended yesterday with SPAIN proclaiming its 5th title. In the "Best XI" there are three Spanish Football players: Alex Fernandez, Deulofeu & Morata. I personally miss another Spanish Football youngster who I thought deserved a mention in the name of Ruben Pardo, however the UEFA experts thought something else.

[​IMG]Spanish Football U-19 players Alex Fernandez, Deulofeu
    & Morata

The other names included in the "UEFA Best XI" are:

Aaron McCarey (Ireland)
    Kamil Cörekci (Turkey)
    Jakub Brabec (Czech Rep)
    Florent Cuveller (Belgium)
    Charis Mavrias (Greece)
    Andrej Mrkela (Serbia)
    Ionu (Rumania)

4. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Where's Sarabia? :confused:

5. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup, and Pardo deserved a mention as well.

Delefou and Alcacer look like fantastic prospects.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Granted I missed the final and another game, but from what I saw Sarabia was our best. Yeah, I know Morata scored but he could have had double with some of the misses he had.

7. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I missed the final too, but I agree with you. Based on the other matches I don't think Pardo missing out is a big deal.

8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Canales got his first minutes in the U20 World Cup today (he's been out with a minor injury). He came against Ecuador in the 57th minute; 0-0 at the time. He scored the first, set up the second with a nice through ball to Vazquez and had two additional shots on goal the tousled the keeper. This looks like our least imposing youth side, but Canales makes a nice difference.

I'll say it again: I have a soft spot for this kid. I'd love to see him be successful with us.

9. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Canales looked good

He was a game changer in this game.

10. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, Canales better come back in two years; a spot in our midfield should have opened up :)

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Alma, back to Carvajal, his height and weights stats indicate he's a bit tiny at CB right?

I'm curious about Alex, can anyone describe his game for me?

12. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Carvajal is a RB, not a CB.

Álex was described as the new Xabi until the final where Pardo apparently had a game to rival that.

13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, that makes more sense with relation to Carvajal. It would be nice to have a RB in the wings.

Did Alex play with Pardo in midfield during the final?

14. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oezil and khedira will soon be samba-ing it up with the brazilians. Next week in stuttgart ;)

15. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same here.

16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Khedira and Özil aren't called up by Löw for the friendly versus Brazil. Löw said that after the US and China trip he would rather let them finish the pre season in Spain. Good move imo.

17. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yes.

btw Özil and Khedira are given rest by Löw. Germany will face Brasil on Wednesday, but he didn't call them up.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I agree that it's clever, plus, he called up Gündogan who seems to be a good one. :)

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I like Low. Thats the second or third time (that i know of) he's used common sense when dealing with players and these useless friendlies.

20. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He called up all 8 bayern players though. Will piss them off if any injuries happen with a CL qualifier right after that. Aside from that, a friendly against brazil is always a cool game to play in.

21. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With all the piss Bayern bosses are gonna be pouring it's time to prepare for a flood

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Well i admit freely that i don't know how he deals with players from other clubs but he's been fair when calling up/resting the Germans from my team.

I dislike these pointless matches anyway whether they are against Brazil or a Playmate of the year All Star team. They should be removed from the NT calender.

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe Low wants to keep good relations with RM, who knows what can happen in the future :D.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hoeneß and Rummenigge around always pounding their chest claiming that Bayern is supposed to put many internationals on the field, and even Sammer claimed Bayern signing a lot of them up is "a good thing for the team".

If he didn't like that, he could have put his trust on Brähno, and kept Braaaaaffheid around, since they don't look like participating in any international friendlies any time soon. :D

25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. Very good player.