The Nacho Fernández Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by CivilProtection, Sep 17, 2014.

1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I did not say that Nacho is better than Ramos. I say that they have different characters. Nacho makes mistakes too. Same as Varane, Pepe and almost every other defender out there. But he has a different playing style from Ramos' which is safer and more conservative.
    Picking Ramos before Nacho is not even a debate.

kime777 and MerlinRM repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But if he is safer, he should realistically make less mistakes no, isn't that the point.

3. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Nacho has now reached 50 appearances for Real Madrid.

RealMadridista and S1na repped this.
  4. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Nacho has taken the number 6 shirt after Khedira left the club.
    [​IMG]

5. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rock solid kid

yoanaidarov repped this.
  6. osnap427

osnap427 Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When did they start using letters as numbers? :D

yoanaidarov repped this.
  7. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks like a pistol from a sci-fi flick

sleepyvato50, RMSocrates and yoanaidarov repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or the Sega Menacer from the Sega Genesis days.

[​IMG]

9. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WHO IF NOT 4x4 ahahhahha man you are Walking ENCYCLOPEDIA

10. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He was brilliant in the left back position last night. I trust him more when he plays as a fullback compared to when he plays CB. I think he is able to cover the left back position with Marcelo even if Coentrao doesn't recover his old form.

11. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's a very valuable player for our team. Can cover so many positions on our defense.

S1na repped this.
  12. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm almost positive a few yrs back during the Carlo years he said he felt more comfortable as a FB and the quote never left my mind. Especially when they have him play as CB.

RMSocrates and S1na repped this.
  13. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Nacho Fernandez - Underrated and Indispensable

Real Madrid have one of the best squad players on the planet

In a team chock-full of big names and even bigger signings, it's easy to forget about the rest of the squad. We're always looking for BBC to score, Modric and Kroos to orchestrate the midfield, Pepe, Ramos and Marcelo to do their thing and Keylor to make impossible saves.

But what about when the squad, and the defensive line in particular, gets lean due to suspension or injury, what then?

Well you call on José Ignacio Fernández Iglesias (Nacho) to fill any gap you might have, that's what.

Nacho began at Real Madrid in the youth system at the ripe age of 11. As he progressed over time, he made his senior debut in 2008 in Segunda B and in April 2011 made first team debut at left back and played the entire game. In 2012 Morinho named him to the first team, but he would still play with Castilla. Then, in 2013, Nacho was named officially full-time to the first team and took 18 after Albiol's departure.

We've watched him play the role of utility substitute defender for 3 seasons now, and I think there isn't one of us who values him on our team. But just how uniquely valuable is he?

What makes him highly under-rated as a player

One word - quality. Let' face it. Nacho would be a star on many, many teams in Europe's top 5 leagues. In fact, before we go any further, I'm going to go so far as to say it would be scary to see just what kind of player Nacho would develop into if he was actually a starter on a top team.

To wit, one the biggest, almost unbelievable things about Nacho is just how good he is, and how he continues to improve, with relatively little playing time. We see all the time young starlets swooped up by big clubs only to ride the bench and never develop to their full potential unless they get shipped off somewhere to get regular minutes. How many of those young players actually keep getting better when they hardly ever play?

Why he is one of the most indispensable squad players on the planet

Zinadine Zidane has himself one of the mot indispensable players on the planet and he knows it. First of all, how many defenders can play so seamlessly in any position across the entire back line? Nacho may be more at home, or at least have more experience playing CB, but he's been called upon to play LB more than anything and delivers balanced play with aplomb. That he can fill anyone of three positions if needed, is almost unheard of.

Secondly, Nacho's passion for this club is unquestioned. I would probably still say Arbaloa bleeds more white (even though he's gone) but you gotta believe that Nacho is right up there when it comes to unfettered loyalty to Los Meringues. Rumors have been flying regarding possible transfers for a couple seasons, and rightfully so. But the fact that Nacho remains is a testament to how much winning titles with his team means to him.

Moreover, Nacho seems to not only not mind his role on the team, but actually relish in it. It takes a special kind of player to not only be content with this kind of role, but maintain the drive and professionalism to excel in it. Everyone dreams of being a super-star, but how many people are surrounded by super-stars and continue to elevate their game to legitimately play at the level of these super-stars in a substitution role only when needed?

I know the fanbase at the Bernabeu, and certainly many on this site have plenty a large soft-spot in their hearts for Nacho. His dedication, skill, consistency and versatility truly make him a gem to have on this squad and I just wanted to dedicate some well-deserved ink to our own number 6.

http://www.managingmadrid.com/2016/9/12/12883824/nacho-fernandez---underrated-and-indispensable

14. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I loved how Zidane put Nacho in the spot light by saying that Nacho's goal was better than his in the la novena. Nacho deserves recognition and appreciation.

15. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Always one of my favorite
    His dedication and devotion to this club means to me more than anything
    Such a humble soul
    A true Merengue always there to help

Digital, S1na and xRamos4 repped this.
  16. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Another wonderful home grown player. Great game today. He's so valuable to this team can play all 4 defensive positions.

17. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    The club should do its best to keep him. IMO he's good enough to even be our 3rd option at CB. The fact he's also versatile makes him a must keep.

Always reliable.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yup. Can't lose this guy. Give him minutes as backup RB when Ramos/Pepe are fit.

19. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Happy 27th birthday.

20. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    already 27? wow..

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With Carvajal out, this is the guy that needs to fill in no doubt about it.

22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Hell I'd have Lucas fill in instead of Danilo. No faith what so ever in Danilo.

Aimar 21 repped this.
  23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    No doubt. He has to be the guy. Hell-No. Dani-Lo.

natenate101 and temesgen repped this.
  24. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Massive game from him yesterday. Was up against one of the best strikers in the world and didn't put a foot wrong all game.

25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Yep, he rebounded very well midweek. Love this guy, he's never going to be the best player on the pitch but he works hard, loves the team and has wonderful attitude. Want to see him here for many years to come.

xmaje, Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.