The Michael Bradley thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ttrevett, Jun 11, 2015.

1. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    what would you think if MB was captain and played the majority of minutes in CC?

2. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    ...Enough with the literary references. Just tell me about the rabbits, George.

3. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Maybe not though. He took most of 2018 off...

4. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is probably just looking at the bigger picture of life when saying his best years are ahead. No doubt he still enjoys training and playing. Who doesn't?

5. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    That's rich, coming from you.

No…you tell it. It ain't the same if I tell it.

6. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Well, we'll have a big green real grass field in Portland with the Timbers playing on it. And when it rains we'll say "That's fine" because it's perfectly engineered with state-of-the-art drainage, and there's no college football team sharing the ground, and the occasional mud bowl game is nearer to the soul of the sport than turf anyway.

7. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Pulisic, Sargent, McKennie, Adams, etc. will have mysterious and diagnosed injuries and illnesses that will force them to excused themselves from the UMSNT.

Three and Three repped this.
  8. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    One thing I always thought Berhalter was weak in : Psychology. I don't think he understands what is going on between players on a psychological level. In a camp where he should be looking at how relatively new players express themselves, he brings in the lion who is known for an overbearing mien and self aggrandizement. I think he's sending the wrong signals. I've never quite understood why the USSF has such a hard time getting out of its own way.

9. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    TOAzer, Zinkoff and Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  10. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    That's a great quote.

11. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    From same story:
    According to the federation’s president, Yon de Luisa, the coaching search included 24 interviews and trips around the world before concluding with Martino.

Zinkoff repped this.
  12. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    Agree that some do. It seems, however, that those that retire at the top of their game are rather few.

LouisZ repped this.
  13. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    I don't think he should, but I if that turns out to be the case wouldn't blame it on Bradley. It would fall 100% on Berhalter's shoulders. I suppose anything is possible but I don't see that happening. I have been wrong before but hope this isn't one of those times.

14. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is what happens to players close to retirement. They have blinders about their own situation on.

Mahtzo1 repped this.
  15. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m sure our guys did the same thing.................yes, sarcasm.

16. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus, that was sobering.

TimB4Last repped this.
  17. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Thread title change: MB90, kick that dead horse into 2019 and beyond!

UncagedGorilla and ttrevett repped this.
  18. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Interesting take.

Best case scenario: he's looking for a young lion to forcibly take the mantle from the old lion and is watching to see who meekly accedes to MB?

I'm doubtful.....

19. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019...-rationale-first-us-national-team-camp-roster

1. Open your eyes, Gregg, my boy. Bradley is not good, he took season-long sabbatical last year, but beside that he has been in long decline since his move to Roma in 2012
    2. Who the ******** are other "older" guys on the roster he brought in? Zardes is 27, that's the oldest of the bunch after Bradley. So basically new head clown (oops, i meant "coach") called in just one "core" player, and somehow it happened to be our one and only Michael Bradley, i bet you a dollar Bradley will be captaining the team vs PAN.

UncagedGorilla, appwrangler and yurch10 repped this.
  20. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mikey as Kapitan? Now? That's very hard to believe...so hard to believe that I'll believe that when I see the Panzer divisions roll into Dantzig.....:coffee: [If, for my own well being through January, I choose to adopt the "see no evil" strategy...well, might as well go full Ostrich & Sand on it....]

21. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Instead of asking players to invent themselves, Berhalter is telling them to see the Lion for their respective lot in life. Such bad strategy. Berhalter has already reduced himself to "manipulated one" in the eyes of players. That was his mistake at Columbus and why players lost faith and wanted out.

manq360 repped this.
  22. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    #3647 #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    My man Don Garber at it again.

As CEO of SUM, he is the most powerful man in USSOCCER. What he wants, he gets.

For those who don't know, his dog name is Booradley,...……. coincidence?

And this is me saying as, I really felt Garber's joy down in Atlanta for the MLS cup. You can see it in his eyes on national TV, that this is what he wanted for MLS. It was Great. It was great for him as MLS commissioner.

But the problem is, he needs to get his hand out of the USMNT. He is hijacking the USMNT to continue to promote MLS and his initiatives that he sees fit for SUM/ MLS.

This is why conflict of interest continue to deflate this team. And the current agreement between SUM and USSF lasts till 2022.

I was not a major fan of Bradley returning, but if he did, it wasent going to be the end of the world. Upon return, I was hoping for a sub-role at best, but was expecting Garber and Flynn to completely destroy the integrity of the USMNT and hand Bradley back his armband and play 90 minutes as if it was no big deal. I was right.

That is the problem with this. They have no issues telling the ussoccer community that who they like matters more than what the USMNT needs.

Why was Bradley and Altidore the only players called that night down in T & T to say "it wasent their fault"? why cant you call the whole team?

So here is what I see happening,

Michael Bradley will be captain of this team for the next two friendlies. He will likely play 90 minutes.There is nothing anyone can do, as this what Garber wants. If this happens, I will have a whatever attitude and look to hope it as a send-off series for Bradley as a major contributor to the team. Thank you for your USMNT service.

Now if Michael Bradley is captain during the gold cup and goes 90 minutes especially with CM options McKennie, Adams, etc. and Bradley is still looking way past it, that should be it for fans and might as well start only rooting for USWNT.

Borrachin and UncagedGorilla repped this.
  23. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see first if Bradley is the captain for the next two games. Let's see for ourselves if, should he play in those matches as he has played for the past two years or so, just how Berhalter reacts to that. I will not assume, without some seriously genuine evidence, that Berhalter will be as craven and delusional as our previous three managers.
    Mikey wishes to burn his reputation as a player, that is his business. That Greg wishes to do so as a manager is not something we have any reason [yet] to believe.

WrmBrnr repped this.
  24. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

25. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How Trumpian that is. No wonder I can even look at a Bradley anymore let alone hear them speak.

TimB4Last and Patrick167 repped this.