The Kei Kamara thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hangthadj, Aug 27, 2018.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    If there was ever a player who has shown to be a flash in the pan, it's Ola Kamara. It's Gregg's greatest achievement that he was able to make him look competent enough to be traded for Gyassi Zardes.

Once again this season Ola is among the league leaders in wasted chances, once again his goals vs xGoals ratio is among the worst in the league.

A player that quit on the team, that asked for a trade to a sunnier and more fashionable environment being exposed as the fraud of a player that he is will go down as one of the greatest moments of cosmic justice in this entire Columbus/Austin saga.

the_rickler repped this.
  2. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    All that and Kei still can't hold his jock? Ouch, poor Kei.

KCbus repped this.
  3. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As usual, this is what you do. Take a position that's so distorted from reality that when someone comes in to defend the truth, you can paint them as an apologist for someone.

Kei Kamara needed 307 games to reach that 109 goals. He scores a goal every 2.82 games; almost three games per goal. Ola scores a goal every 1.93 games; almost a goal every other game.

But, hey, some subjective stat says he sucks -- I'm convinced. Be still my heart, a person who's involved in goal scoring opportunities occasionally misses. Alert the media.

4. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    You're both right. Anyone named Kamara seems to have career years in Columbus. The solution is to find and sign all possible Kamaras.

Robbo Crewfan, TKyle, stanger and 2 others repped this.
  5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Know what I like? I like taking a 307 game sample size and puts it against an 83 game sample size and pretends that he is comparing apples to apples. My goodness, KC Bus this is heightened levels of intellectual dishonesty even for you.

I do understand why you went that route, though. Ola's most productive season in Columbus didn't reach the heights in terms of personal or team success as Kei's. Ola did ask for a trade away from Columbus and did quit on the team.

Looking at Ola outside of Berhalter's system this year you see a player that has scored 9 goals, or one every 228 minutes. (Psssst, he's missing a lot of opportunities. Again. )

Looking at Kei this year outside of Berhalter's system we see a player who has scored 11 goals or one every 140 minutes.

But hey, by all means, let's take a deeper dive into Kei's 2009 season with the Houston Dynamo if you feel you need that to discredit Kei or bolster Ola.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  6. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but according to you, Berhalter sucks, so Ola has been overcoming crap.

These agendas of yours are so hard to keep track of.

Robbo Crewfan repped this.
  7. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah. Ola did ask for a trade so he could go somewhere to make more money. That’s true. But given the circumstances of how Kei Kamara wound up leaving town, I don’t know if you really want to be playing the “he quit on his team” card.

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    He didn't ask for a trade, you dummy. In fact the exact opposite. He wanted to be the man to take the shot for his team and then he was forced out.

In what year do you think Kei Kamara can be brought up to a Crew fan and the response not be "But, Ola!!!!!" Are we 5 years away from that? 10 years? One 1200 mile trip to Austin?

What a bunch of insecure, heartsick ninnies.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  9. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never. F that guy.

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So negative. So much hate.

11. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only toward those that deserve it.

12. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You are the most ultra of ultras.

13. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep acting like an idiot hang. It's now your only shtick.

KCbus and hangthadj repped this.
  14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't expect you to find nuance in any situation, James. I expect you to only misread my posts, make accusations, and come in as the wannabe hard guy. I'm more than happy to stay wingman to help provide to you your monuments to machismo.

It seems strange, but we're family. I'm here for you, brother.

15. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's kinda sad that regardless of popular opinion on just about any subject, you will find and defend the polar opposite, and defend it to the death.

I'm hoping you are more Sacha Baron Cohen than voicing real opinions. It's like you are trying to parody yourself and still failing miserably.

16. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I wouldn't know how to answer that. I haven't watched a minute of Sacha Baron outside of the latest version Les Miserables (which I loved!).

Your obsession with finding negativity in all my posts clouds your vision.

17. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My name is Chelsey, and I still like Kei Kamara.

18. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    I don’t hate the guy. He wore crew colors, was instrumental in our recent "successes", but ultimately scored more of his goals with other teams. it is not worthy of celebrating his mediocre goal scoring in MLS.

19. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    He was a good fit for Ggg's system and did what he seems to do, wear out his welcome. He's a journeyman who had a career season in Columbus.

20. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Show me where I said that.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

21. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You drew a parallel between someone being forced out and someone asking for a trade. I can't be held responsible for your terrible posts, KC Bus. That's on you and you alone.

22. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hang is such a gadfly.

23. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thank you.

There is just something about my reasonable and well thought out posts that cause a small segment of the people on this board to completely lose their shit.

24. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I drew a parallel between Ola asking for a trade and Kei developing such a toxic attitude that a trade was the only real solution.

I can’t help you if you’re going to continue to ignore reality.

25. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I know hang has defended this action as well, but let's not forget that Kei was unwilling to practice with the Crew until they gave him a payraise (they relented). Ola asked to switch teams so he could get a payraise (they relented). The fact of the matter is, Ola's request seems far more professional to me than refusing to play. Sure, Kamara could have gotten the PK and his trick. Higuain didn't have to be a jerk like that. At the same time, Kamaras are out for Kamaras. Hustlin to get that $$$--and both players had the records for it.

TRUJDUB, TKyle and KCbus repped this.