The Introduction Thread (V)

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by ProfZodiac, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoccerFan112

SoccerFan112 New Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Hi everyone! My name is Rachel and I am new here. Just looking for a good forum to stick my feet in as far as soccer goes. I'm a 23 year old female who knows next to nothing about soccer but I would like to learn more as I feel like its a great community and sport to be involved in the people always seem energetic and friendly even during a competitive match. I just recently watched a little bit of a soccer match between Russia and Poland (who won that match by the way? I didn't get to watch all of it as I had to run an errand for my parents and last I saw Russia was winning with 1 point? What do you guys think of the Russian and Poland teams? What are teams that you like best and why and what are bad teams this year and why do you think they are bad? I'm not trying to create a debate or anything I'm just trying to learn more about the world of soccer.) I just yesterday picked up a soccer ball and just started kicking it around but I would like to get more involved and learn how to be a better player. I would love to go to a soccer camp for adults but I don't have enough money to attend as I am currently unemployed and looking for jobs to at least hopefully save up for next year's summer. I live in the Kansas city Missouri area in the United States and any searches I do for free soccer camps always lead to ones for kids and teens or is in a country I can't afford to go to nor can I speak their language. If any of you guys have any suggestions or ideas like what are skills to work on or how juggle better as I have no partner to practice with please feel free to either message me or reply to my postand thank you for taking the time to read my post. It was great meeting you all!:)

Chesco United repped this.
  2. Bronck

Bronck Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey guys, looking to follow football more regularly so I decided to sign up!

3. SoccerFan112

SoccerFan112 New Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Hi Bronck, nice to meet you!:)

4. FC1977

FC1977 New Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long time reader of the board, and I decided to sign up. Portland Timbers fan...Seattle sucks..enough said

5. dirtysouth

dirtysouth New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  6. orangegator

orangegator New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Hey longtime soccer fan, player, and referee, just wanted to find answers with help from all of you

7. EvanP

EvanP New Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hey, my name is Evan, I'm a young football player and youth referee from south-east England as well as an avid Liverpool and England fan! Repping England in the Euros! Come on you Lions! :)

8. dadman

dadman Yo soy un papa

DC United
    United States
    Apr 13, 2001
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to point you to the Referee Forum here on BigSoccer. Lurk for a while to get the feel for the place, then contribute.

Welcome, and best of luck!

9. Bob Burgin

Bob Burgin New Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hi I am Bob from Derby, and I joined the forum as I just needed a place to get people thinking about what I feel is some rule changes to the beautiful game.

Having just watched the annoyingly boring game between Spain and France, something must be done to stop very skillful teams from boring everyone to death whilst they aimlessly pass the ball round and round the middle, without even trying to score goals, espedcially when in the lead. In basketball for example, if you do not have a shot on net within 20 seconds you lose the ball. Whilst this is not practical with soccer, at least one small change would make it harder for teams just to play keepaway. I suggest the following: Once a team in possession of the ball has passed the ball over the halfway line, any back pass to the goalkeeper results in an indirect free kick to the opposition, from where the kick is made, or on the halfway line if made over the halfway line. It is not much of a change, but it will make defenders have to work a bit harder to keep possession, when challenged by opposing forwards. What do other members think?

10. Thomas Wilson

Thomas Wilson New Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Pacific, MO, USA
    Hello. I'm Thomas Wilson. I'm a sports fan who lives in Pacific, Missouri, in the United States.

On April 11, 2011, I had started a sports group on Facebook in which athletes, referees, coaches, agents, scouts, and other people involved in sports from all over the country and all over the world could join.

The group is called Alcerance. It's now a growing group, with 16 members already in it since its beginning, but we're aiming to have lots of members and supporters, because I'm aiming the group to become a sports organization.

In Alcerance, the athletes can talk and share motivational tips and show off their skills with pictures and videos; the referees can talk with the athletes about what games and endeavors they can work on; the coaches can give athletes advice, give training, and work on games and endeavors as well; the agents can discuss contracts with the athletes and work with the coaches; and the scouts can check out the athletes and give them opportunities for careers. Other sport-involved people can interact with each of the people above. It would be like a community.

I'm looking to make friends here and meet athletes on this forum to bring Alcerance to expansion.

11. JeffreyD

JeffreyD New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Greetings everybody! I'm Jeff (in case it wasn't obvious) and I live in "upstate" New York (Albany via Saratoga Springs)

I've browsed the boards from time to time for travel tips and other discussion but recently have become more involved as a USA supporter and Newcastle fan.

I have also taken charge of the initiative to organize an American Outlaws chapter for the Capital District - Albany and surrounding towns. It was a quiet winter/spring for the US Men (few games, none too meaningful) but I'm proud to say that we're in the final steps of becoming an official chapter. Mailing out some paperwork today!

12. Thomas Wilson

Thomas Wilson New Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Pacific, MO, USA
    Welcome to the site, Jeff.

13. Bombora

Bombora New Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Another new one here. This place is full of info, glad to be a member.

14. directlylaugh

directlylaugh New Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hi, im Tom from klang .. nice to meet u guys

15. mrvp

mrvp Member

Jun 26, 2012
    South of the River
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hi,

I'm a virtually life long (not for as long as I can remember - but say before 10 - during the 1980's) Chelsea fan who is genuinely from that part of the world (kind of - it's a long story :) ) who was looking for a board that had a statistics and analysis forum really where I could bounce some ideas around (it's difficult trying to explain sports to people on Excel forums some times - honestly). Really glad to be here, it looks like a good crowd.

Cheers,

16. pluggertorn

pluggertorn New Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hey guys, im from malaysia.. nice to meet you guys..

17. matt astill

matt astill New Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hi I am Matt and I am new to this!

18. western strikers

western strikers New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hi All,

We have entered the Western Strikers U9 team in the Optus Small Sided Football awards again. We did this last year and won soccerballs, training bibs, goals and markers for the club and it would be great if we can do this again.There also is an opportunity of winning a much needed 10K for the club.

Below is the link (1 vote per email address is accepted although if you have more than one address then you can vote more times)

https://optusfootball.com.au/ossf/view/29/

It would be appreciated if you could please let the rest of your friends know and encourage everyone to vote.

Thanks Nick

19. nowscore

nowscore New Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Hello all,
    This is Jhon from USA...
    Would Love to be a part of this forum..
    :)

20. Chauncy

Chauncy New Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Hello my name is Chauncy this is my first time doing anything soccer related. I watched the EURO Cup and got into it pretty well. I still don't understand it fully, but willing too. From the US Born in raised in Texas moved to Delaware where I go outside and kick the soccer ball around. Any tips about to to train your self will be grand.

21. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox New Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Hi all, new to soccer, eager to learn more.