The Impeachment Pool

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by American Brummie, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
?

On what day (of the month of which year) does the U.S. House of Representatives vote - on the floor

1. On or Before January 20, 2018

8.7%
  2. On or Before January 20, 2019

23.9%
  3. On or Before January 20, 2020

10.9%
  4. On or Before January 20, 2021

7.6%
  5. None of the Above - Donald Trump finishes out one or two terms of office

48.9%
  1. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    It's not so much about Libertarian Party members. After all Amash is a Republican. It's about libertarian minded people more broadly which is a number that exceeds 2% by a lot.

I'm not saying that this is the only area to expand an anti Trump coalition. But at this point I'm not very selective about who I'd be willing to collaborate with against Trump.

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. People that are libertarian minded are fairly well into the Republican party. Getting them to stomach the heavy regulations that come with the Democratic party is going to be a tough sell... You're more likely to see the libertarian minded people not vote than you are to see them vote for a Dem.

dapip repped this.
  3. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Wasn't necessarily talking about voting Dem. In the context of what Amash is doing, it's pretty much irrelevant. In fact seeking anti Trump coalition partners from outside the Democratic party is a good thing.

Also I'm not fully convinced that most libertarians are embedded in the GOP. Not everyone gets drawn to libertarianism through fiscal issues. Lots of people are drawn by libertarian foreign policy, criminal justice reform, ending war on drugs, civil liberties, immigration reform etc ... There is lots of crossover there with the left.

Voters don't always fall into neat little boxes. I self ifentify as a progressive Democrat voter, but I can easily name several issues where libertarians and even Republicans are a better match.

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #104 dapip, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    But usually people that don't vote don't come to Bigsoccer to brag about not voting... So, my comment is for our surprisingly absent third party voters...

PS: BTW, I dare, I double dare... I triple dog dare any of our resident independents and libertarians to tell me that #bothsidesdoit to my face. Next time someone comes with that stupid line, he ought to be stripped of his posting privileges for a whole election cycle.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    fyp

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both sides do it, but one side is just better at it, much much better.

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What is "it" exactly?

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being power hunger, cheating, lying mother fvckers.

9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I dare you to show me an example of democrats doing this to the same extent as republicans.

10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did say repugs are much, much better at it.

Now Trump is at a straight out the 3rd world level, Dems would need to elect a Kardashian to get close.

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It doesn't have to be same level, only close. Give me an example.

12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We voters can be fool, but we are not dumb. We will vote out chaos. FFS, you see what the market did today because of the chaos in the White House?

13. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we sure it wasn't a bot induced crash and/or traders cashing in on the increase since November? It seems a bit odd that the market would react now when the White House has been in chaos pretty much since the inauguration.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Close to Trump, nothing, you probably have to go all the way to Andrew Jackson for the Democratic Party and the President.

Federal level overall, probably Rep. William Jefferson (D-LA)

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/06/louisiana.congress/index.html

https://townhall.com/columnists/mat...andal-taints-entire-democratic-party-n1253463

Or going back farther. Senator Kennedy and the woman that died I believed drowned in his car. (talk about white privilege, dude got 2 months suspended).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident

Again, one party (Republicans) does it on a much bigger scale.

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This all comes too late. Im still saying "enabling act"

song219 repped this.
  16. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been mildly paying attention, and there have been various reports of stock being overvalued as a whole, the DJIA being in a bubble, occasional jitters based on reactions to The White House, but now, there is unmistakable clarity that he intended to interfere with a federal investigation. That is an unmistakable sign that the tax cut, which has been helping prop up the market, won't happen any time soon.

That said, I expect a pretty notable bounce tomorrow, specially with the announcement of Muller leading an investigation (removing an aspect of the chaos).

17. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But why wouldn't the drop happen on Monday or Tuesday? Just seems delayed for it to hit the crapper today.

18. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'm not changing my pick either:

19. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    An obscure representative, almost 10 years back. It really lacks relevance and magnitude.

50 years ago and probably has more to do with Rich White Guy privilege than with party affiliation.

No. #bothsidesdontdoit

taosjohn repped this.
  20. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's been pretty clear that it's not on the same scale. The worst ones I can think of are Rod Blagoy... Blagoevi... that former governor of Illinois, and Gray Davis, the governor or California who got recalled. Both were lying, cheating, power hungry mother ********ers and should have been removed. Neither are close to the level of lying, cheating, power hungry mother ********ing we see from national and state level Republicans on a regular basis.

ceezmad and dapip repped this.
  21. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I guess this is some pop culture reference I don't get because I can't believe you are serious.

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rod Blagojevich Aka Blago.

Throw in Anthony Weiner and maybe the guy who stashed cash in a fridge... But again, it is not even in the same league. I mean, yeah, politicians are not perfect but we are seeing a generation of republicans that not only seem to live in a different reality, but lack the tiniest sliver of morals. You will get punctual example of Dems doing unethical things but they are rare and in a scale several orders of magnitude below what we get from the GOP.

Smurfquake repped this.
  23. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I feel like Trump will resign, the investigation will be ended and Trump will declare victory on Twitter.

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    At this point, I don't feel like the IC will let this one go easily. They will dig dirt on Trump and all his associates, even if Trump quits and Pence assumes.

25. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I just joined this one and I am picking. Dec 7th 2018. GOP take beating in 2018 elections. See tide is not with them, they vote to impeach before Christmas recess.

Smurfquake repped this.