The good and bad of FSC

Discussion in 'Fox Soccer Channel' started by toon_soldier_86, Jul 26, 2005.

1. toon_soldier_86

toon_soldier_86 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    THE BAY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    I would like to know from USA viewers how they like the programing and style of FSC.
    :D I like the sky sports feed and the premiership old games they have been showing.

:( They should bring in La Liga and play old fa cups and games.

2. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm satisfied so far. The replays of matches (certain matches) can get old at times, and I hope they can show matches from say, J-league. But overall it's between them and Gol Tv in my house. I'd like to see some antiques, matches from the 70's, 80's.

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I know ESPN has the CL , but unfortunately, only one game per week makes it to the USA . Perhaps FSC can get the rights to the others (non-shown by ESPN2)
    I got Gol tv also , but I prefer FSC style. I would like to see La Liga game of the week like the Ligue 1 and Bundasliga does.

FA games are great. Bring back UEFA Cup ties.

EPL is king :) :cool:

4. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    FSC is not bad...atleast we have a channel to watch some games. I like it when they showed the European Qualifications for Germany2006

GOLTV is better. They show the top matches from Spain and Italy almost every week. GolTv is much more soccer oriented.

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I agree that GolTV is soccer only, but they have alot of commentary shows that seem to go on forever and are very redundant. FSC on the other hand, has no discussion shows other than the Sky news and the FoxWorld report.(both w/ news of scores ,transfers,etc.)
    FSC has other sports on like rugby, Autralian footy,and Worldsports( a mix of rad,car and bike racing reports) none of which appeal to me either.
    I also do not care for the soap opera Dream Team on FSC.
    Overall,though , I prefer the style of the soccer coverage FSC does. I also get better reception on FSC as compared to GolTV.( note to self: contact the cable co. again). :)

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I guess one good thing to add is the adding of Serie A to the line up at FSC :)