The Fight

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by in da soup, Jun 30, 2006.

1. smd9

smd9 Guest

you forgot to mention the crouch hair pulling incident against Trinidad what a bunch of cheats.:cool:

2. ElGaucho

ElGaucho New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    La Plata
    What's that Dutch boy? Holland never cheats? Yeah, we can throw that myth out the window after the Dutch-Portugal game.

LOL.. this coming from a Holland fan.. you guys are worse by comparison in this WC.. hands down!!!!

3. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are right about these stereotypes, but then getting involved in a fight after a match does not help to clear them, does it?

I think however emotional we may be about having lost this game, we should not try to find excuses for aggression. Let the enquiry go on, and we'll see what exactly happened. We will then have plenty of time to discuss the conclusions if needed.

4. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    Cheating is only for Spics and those dirty Italians!!! And Argentineans are a combination of Italians and Spics..... it cannot be any worser!!!

5. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Algun dia. Ojala.

6. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    Look guys, they won, and it wasn't with the refs help like the italians against Australia. If our guys didn't prepare themselves for the penalties, well that's our fault and we pay the price. Let's not be sour grapes, moral victories don't exist and the Germans played as well as our guys. Don't forget that we also barely made it through Mexico so since there we had problems. It sucks we lost in penalties but at least our team lasted all the way through, sometimes you loose sometimes we win, remember how we got to the final in 1990? pure luck. Argentina has to regroup and come back in four years, hopefully we will do better. A lot of teams are out of the tournament and they also deserve to win this, it wasn't only us, we need to get over this not make it worst. The fight afterwards was a disgrace and hopefully it will be resolved so it is not a dark chapter in our football reputation, both sides were wrong, if our guys were trying to psique the opponent when they shooting penalties is no different than scoring goals with the hand and if the Germans were the ones taunting our players well it's as shame for them because they showed they have no class as human beings. Either way the display was pitiful and let's hope it will only be an anecdote and not create just another country that hates us, we have plenty of those, wherever our guys play you can hear the constant boos, for 90 minutes. That doesn't happen with Brasil for example, we need to be better loosers.

7. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Total warm welcome...:rolleyes:

Right across from where our team was staying, no less. I myself have gotten nothing but dirty looks and taunts from your uncouth, sore-winner people.

The hell with you people. As much as I think it's not going to happen, I am hoping fervently for Italy to quiet you guys up.

8. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX

Your players are a bunch of cheats also, did you see how Adriano got yellow carded for diving? Brasil cheats when they are loosing, they tried every trick on the book against France and against Argentina you try to cheat every time but everyone looks the other way because of the fame of our players. Brasil cheated their into the final of the 1995 copa america by scoring a goal with their hands because they were behind in the score. You guys cheat like anybody else. The only difference between Argentina and Brazil was that you were better loosers only but your players are just as dirty as any others.

9. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    Disagree,

Argentineans are the worst losers in the world!! Both WC they have won was by cheating (1986 Maradona) and corruption (1978 in their own country).

I think the Argentineans don´t have got self respec, they are really LOSERS!!!

10. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX

No man, I disagree with you, Ronaldinho got red carded at least twice for diving while wearing the brasil shirt. They try every trick in the book when facing a better opponent, against France Ronaldo also took a bunch of dives in order to confuse the ref but he didn't buy it, this is not new.When they cheat everyone looks the other way and don't bring it up because it's bad for business and fifa. The 2002 WC was won by injuring the opposing keeper, they did this to the Turkish keeper and as I expected they did it also to Oliver Kahn in the final, theydo stuff like this when they see no way to win a game. Lucio, who was an example of defending, as the tv commentator was saying, showed his true colors when he kicked the crap out of Thierri Henry without the ball, a foul for which he should have benn red carded. The 1978, I still believe we won that fair and square or you are going to tell me that we bought the Dutch team when we beat them in the final? if thats the case than your team is just as corrupt as the ones who paid you.

11. Rotterdam

Rotterdam New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Rotterdam
    Damn, you're really frustrated dude.
    In the weeks before the elemination, you where not here, and after a little incident from Argentina's N.T in their last match, you come back with stupid comments.

Conclusion is that your only memories from Mexico 86, are the handball of Diego Maradona, and nothing more..

was Holland also involved in what you call 'corruption'? ;)

12. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Funny how you morons always say we won 78' by cheating and your 'proof'
    is always that we beat Peru 6-0 (when indeed, we ONLY needed to have won by 4) and the fact that our country was under Videla's control.

Do you ever mention the REAL fact? that Holland failed to beat us?

Of course not. Are you going to also say that all teams who win it at home are cheaters? :rolleyes:

13. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    well said mate, cheers :)

14. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    beautifully put, bsas.

lehmann having info in his sock is entirely up to him, he doesn't tell our players where to place their kicks, that's THEIR responsibility. many managers give their substitutes notes to hand to their teammates on the field, no doubt with info on their opponents, it's within the rules, therefore it's not cheating, lehmann can do what he wants. he can write the information on his hand if he wants, it's perfectly okay.

you say it's a fifa conspiracy and the wc's already sewn up, then why did we even bother coming? why did any of the other teams bother coming? why do YOU bother watching??????

if maxi converts his chance instead of hitting the side-netting, we go thru, ever thought of that? the last play of both normal-time and extra-time were set plays in offensive situations for us, if we score, there's no more time on the clock, we go thru, ever thought of that?

i agree the ref favoured them more than us, as is often the case with the home side, but blaming him for the defeat is plain wrong IMO, he didn't cheat us.

by the way guys, on another subject, the german stadium announcer has been sacked by fifa for being unsporting, this is the reality of what happened out there (the germans are responsible for this, peker, not fifa).

seeing as borowski is guilty of the same crime, perhaps they should sack him?

it's clearly a german trait, and i hope italy pulverise them, no wonder our players got angry.

in modern football, strong european nations seldom play outside their continent, the germans know they will probably never have to play in argentina, it comes down to economics, i wonder if they would have acted so tough otherwise??

when was the last time germany played in argentina?

if borowski played for a south american club, and competed in the copa libertadores, would he have been quite so cocksure?

cowards.

frings is facing disciplinary action from fifa, it's been confirmed, along with maxi and another one of our guys (either colo or heinze, i can't remember).

borowski (the first player of both sides to act unsportingly) has got away w it, even tho cameras clearly caught what he did, reason being he didn't break any rules whereas the other guys are guilty of violent conduct.

sir manchester, you are getting boring and tedious, you keep insisting borowski was provoked, next time you post provide some EVIDENCE to back you up, rather than conjecture regarding what reporters might or might not have heard.

judging by the sacking of the stadium announcer (by fifa), looks like OUR guys were provoked.

reporters sometimes distort the truth, or make things up, their quotes are almost as unreliable as the quotes emanating from the german camp.

you keep asserting your side of the story like it's a fact, tarnishing the name of south americans and argentines in particular, in which case answer this (if you can):

what EVIDENCE do you have??????

you keep posting but you keep dodging the question!!!!!!

television keeps repeating the episode, and it always starts w borowski.

there's my evidence, where's yours??????

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Can´t understand some people here.

If somebody puts his finger on his mouth,
    then you feel so attacked, that you kick him in his nuts?!

If so, you really need to go, as quickly as you can, to a psychiatrist.

16. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    [QUOTE="Eisenfuß" Eilts]Can´t understand some people here.

If so, you really need to go, as quickly as you can, to a psychiatrist.[/QUOTE]

you're misjudging the situation.

borowski chose the wrong time and the wrong place and the wrong people with whom to start taunting.

these are young, proud guys w a lot of testosterone and adrenaline running thru them, whose dreams are coming to an end, borowski was out of order, he was gloating.

i'm not saying the argies were correct, they weren't, but borowski was ill-advised, and the only reason he did it was because he was at home, because he's a coward.

if you can't understand that borowski's behaviour might provoke a violent reaction, it's too late for a psychiatrist, you need to go straight to hospital.

17. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    u dont get it or?
    It were the argentinian players who tried to distract the german players from their concentration.
    Borowski even reacted kinda sensible and only showed them to shut up and show some fair play (such a behaviour at PK's is really low).
    But now u even justify their actions and say Borowski should know that some argentinians are such idiots and will start a riot?
    Sry i dont know how its handled where u live but in germany u just cant kick or punsh ppl only because u feel "provoked".

18. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [QUOTE="Eisenfuß" Eilts]Can´t understand some people here.

If so, you really need to go, as quickly as you can, to a psychiatrist.[/QUOTE]

You're not very gracious hosts, that's all.

What are you doing here, still trying to convince us you guys are saints?

Move on, and please, PLEASE choke like I know you can against Italy. I can't wait to see all that stadium full of hypocritical, dry, disrespectful and flavorless blonde monkeys go back to their daily lives of poor customer service in the workforce and in all likelyhood, bland and colorless lives at home.

19. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Man, yet another hypocritical german that doesn't understand human nature.

I guess you guys have been repressed in your daily lives so much you forgot how to BE a human by now!

20. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    convenient argument, who told you this, michael ballack?

the only reason you have seen this reported is because this is what the germans told reporters.

you do the math.

you sound like sir manchester, and that's not a compliment.

21. aniston

aniston New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    we all know the germans provoked the argentine players.

22. ElGaucho

ElGaucho New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    La Plata

I presume you think that the Germans weren't also trying to distract the Argentine's when taking their shots? I highly doubt that...

23. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stop with the insults if you want to maintain the small civil discussion that there is left around here. All we can go by are the images on tv and the reports. Several pages back, there was a link to numerous articles and even a videoclip that suggest the German players were in fact taunted during the penalty kicks.

Now, what you have to understand is that during a penalty shootout the cameras are always focused on either the goalkeeper or the penalty taker, most often always the latter, and it caught Borowski implying for the Argentines to keep quiet. That's the only reason you think the Germans started it. and quite frankly it's awful evidence.

Furthermore the Germans had nothing to be nervous about, they were up in the penalties and the incident occured after two Argentine misses and one Lehman save IIRC. You tell me, in this scenario who would want to apply the pressure more. Knowing Argentines, they are an emotional people, especialy when it comes to situations like a WC quarterfinal. I have no reason to believe that any German player would go out of his way to taunt the Argentines, but I have more reasons to believe the Argentines who already seemed heated up, were the ones in fact to make the first move.

24. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You're STILL here trying to convince us that Germany's players can do no wrong and that you're all a bunch of goddamn saints?

You guys are lousy hosts, lousy sports, and are lousy at keeping up a facade.

You'll do no convincing here.

25. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006

ugh completely disagree with every word you wrote ><

Saying that the "Germans played as well as our guys" is just false. Watch the game again, watch every duel between the players. Tevez won so many challenges against Frederich I can hardly count. Ayala did not allow any ball to get past him. Even Coloccini won his duels. We clearly outplayed them. But I admire the German determination...not their players because I do not think they are half as good as us.

What is your point about barely making it through Mexico ? Mexico played their best game and could have caused trouble for any team. We knew it would be a close match-up since the Mexican know how to play with Argentina.

We got to the final in 1990 by "pure luck" ? This is truly absurd. If you think that grinding up results and getting the job done ( exactly what teams like France and Germany are doing this year) is luck then I have no comment. I have watched the games in 1990. We had a team plagued with injuries. Maradona was suffering from an injury throughout the entire tournament. We had some suspended players in the final and was repeatedly and violently fouled every game. And WE STILL MADE IT to the final only to lose from a imaginary penalty that the referee awarded to the German. I call that heart, determination, mental strength and courage. Not luck.

Germany did not play better football than Argentina. In that sense they did not deserve to win. But for the determination they showed they did deserve to go to PKs and win. Ballack was playing with one foot so I give him credit for that.

The fight was not a disgrace. It was pure raw emotions. I would have done the same exact thing in response to any provocation. Our players are not robots. Your definition of a human being is very inaccurate. Humans are the most destructive beings that the earth has ever witnessed. Humans are capable of the very worst. We are emotional beings. We are not rational. The word "class" has nothing to do with humans. Someone who carries the bloody history of Germany should know better than to moan and cry about a little football fight.

Finally I am not interested in what the other countries might think about Argentina. I could not care less about what some dumb dutch fans have to say on an internet forum. It is not the fans nor the players responsibility to promote a good image. The coaching staff did what they could to control the players. And that was class. Listen to Pekerman comments after the game. I do not think there will ever be a classier loser. The players went through 120minutes of drama. I do not blame them and I could not be any more proud of them.

They did their best to represent Argentina. They were the best team in this tournament. That is all I care about.