The fight against modern football 3

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Numquam Moribimur, Apr 14, 2012.

1. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    @vifvaf

Haven't posted here in a while. Two questions:

1) Do you consider all smaller leagues as being part of "real" football? Would Atlanta United/MLS qualify? Seems like the lack of notoriety and money would make anything outside UEFA more real.

2) Do you have examples of "real" football outside of Europe or South America?

vifvaf repped this.
  3. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Good to see som comenting here again :thumbsup:

1) To me it isn`t the size off the league or club that defines the answer to this question. I think you could have a small club , where a investor or an other brand buy`s the club without considering the history or the the local anchorage a club has i a community . Like Redbull or when there is a relocation of clubs to a new city where the owners think it is a bigger audience base.
    I don`t know enough about Atlanta United or MLS to have a very strong opinion here. Atlanta founded in 2014 ? A very young club without alot of history yet?
    Much of the connections people have towards their club i based on 100+ years of history. A history and story people can relate to. I have been told there is a salary cap in every sport in US ? Could be a good inspiration for UEFA to hold the moneyhorse in a leash .

I remember back in 2012 when my club tryed to "fill the arena" with" Rimi Bowl". They tryed to take inspration from Super Bowl to fill the arena. It ended with a protest walkout from both teams fans.

2)
    Every club is a "real club. " The issues i am against, is when money overide everything else , like the people, the clubs , the history and other non profiable things just for the profits of it .

Auriaprottu repped this.
  4. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Luckily the Ultras scene is stronger then ever . So the fight continues .

5. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  6. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  7. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    My team Vålerenga played a derby against Lillestrøm on Saturday

8. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    FC Union Berlin .

9. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    All of the fan groups in Norway have united forced in their fight against the Norwegian Football Association and their repression after the chaos in 27 October Lillestrøm -Vålerenga.

So Almost every fanbase in Norways top division have used pyrotechnic and expressed their support for the use of pyro during football matches. This support has also beed backed by Media and the club leaders.

Last Monday the topic was debated in the summary after the rounds last match . After this twitter, facebook and other social media exploded with support to the fans, the ultras and the use of pyro in the stands before and during the matches.

The Norwegian Football Association stuck to their case , and was challenged to a new debate today on the same summary . Only this time the former spokesman (Bjørnar Posse Sandboe) and the Director of completion in The Norwegian Football Association (Nils Fisketjønn) was guests in the studio .

The support has grown stronger and stronger during the week . And today Sandboe revealed several topics where The Norwegian Football Association deliberately have sabotaged the fans in their fight for safe and controlled use of pyrotechnics in the stadium.

The fans have educated their own pyrotechnicians and have got a license to import safe and legal pyro for the fans.

Today Sandboe could reweel on National television that The Norwegian Football Association have had secret meetings in the culture Ministry, with the fire department and the Directorate for Social Security and Preparedness to try to set a permanent stop for all use of pyrotechnic in Norwegian football.

The fight isn't over !

https://video.eurosport.no/fotball/...CNxgRkrmxuFOmxmHFIgikHcvIlWS1Q_VMjOt8V4DGTi9U

10. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Here is Lillestrøms video from the derby.

The power of the protest keep going strong. And the media coverage is positive. People want the excitement outside the pitch as well.

Still the day after the last post the Directorate for Social Security and Preparedness posted on twitter and stated that the usage of pyro in the stands was illegal .

This made the Norwegian fans furious. The war on NFF (Norwegian Football Association) was a fact. This would mean reckless use of pyro , violence and chaos in general . Shops selling pyro in Norway where sold out in short time. Norway is playing Faroe Island Friday 15/11 . This is a match where NFF is the organizer of the match . And Illegal incidents here , would mean huge fines to NFF from UEFA .

Now NFF quickly turned and said they dint want I ban on pyro on the stands.
    Suddenly the Directorate for Social Security and Preparedness said that the use of pyro wasn't illegal if approved by the fire-department in an TV interview .

The whole case is like a bad soap on tv. The media kept supporting the fans.
    Now the clubs have expressed their support to the fans , and said they want the pyro in the stands in 2020 too. The clubs want a better/greater ownership of the events with fewer restrictions and more things that people want.

And guess what ? NFF (without the worst opponents of the case) and NTF (Norwegian top football) invites fans and clubs to a dialog meet . They express that they see he fans as a resource .
    Most fans are skeptical and even negative to anything NFF now say and do. Still they agree that dialogue is the only way to find I common way forward.
    https://www.fotball.no/tema/nff-nyheter/2019/innkaller-til-pyromote-med-supportere-og-klubber/

The protests will continue until there is an agreement!

http://www.vif-fotball.no/nyheter/vif-sier-ja-til-lovlig-pyro-2020

https://www.godset.no/nyheter/onsker-pyro-dialog-velkommen

https://www.eurosport.no/fotball/ob...-for-a-fa-folk-pa-kamp_sto7522880/story.shtml

11. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  12. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  13. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    There is a war between the fans and the Norwegian FA . Yesterday several Start fans got a fine in the mail for storming the pitch after the last goal that secured Starts place in Eliteserien 2020 . The fine was 13 000.- NOK or around 1400 USD . Or 26 days in jail.
    The fines will probably go to court or be covered by the players and supporters.

Klanen published this today to say that the war and case isn't over

https://www.klanen.no/Blogger/Trond-L/Pyrodiskusjonen-er-ikke-doed
    Stating that there is people working hard behind the scenes. The Norwegian FA was probably taken a bit by surprise by the unity and power by the National reaction from the fans. A reaction that has not cooled down due to a brake in Norwegian football.

Pegasus repped this.
  14. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The fans and the FA has had several sit down this winter. The result is legalizing selling beer under the stands (Has not been legal for 100 years) and legalizing pyro for home and away fans when the teams enter the pitch , before the 2`nd half and after the game.

LSK has now stated on their year meeting the the club will work for the use og pyro in the stands.

Several clubs has also contacted legal help to try the case on the fines the clubs are getting for the use of pyro .

15. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The German fans has started a war on the "owner" of Bayern München. There was a match where the Bayern fans held uppitiest banners , calling the owner a whore son. This stopped the mach.
    Then people asked why matches isn't stopped by racism in the stands . Now many clubs around Germany hold up banners , pointing towards the owner of Bayern.

https://www.aftenposten.no/sport/fo...bayern-munchen-kamp-stoppet-etter-tribunehets

16. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  17. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  18. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The best Ultras video ever . 1 million special

19. schillaci1990

schillaci1990 New Member

Inter Milan
    Italy
    Apr 29, 2020
    The problem continues to be that leagues and major tournaments are watered down. Growing up in the 80's and 90's, most domestic leagues were capped at 18 teams. That meant 34 league games and a more spread out European Cup campaign. Which of course was also different because the Champions league as it currently exists did not. This meant having the true best teams in Europe competing. The Euro's were an 8 and then 16 team tournament and the world cup was 24 teams. I understand the need for federations to generate income by getting in on the action but all it has done is watered down club and international tournaments to the point where we have an own goal feast like we did at Russia 2018.

vifvaf repped this.
  20. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  21. MattDoesSurveys98

MattDoesSurveys98 New Member

Chelsea FC
    England
    Mar 1, 2021
  22. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Hi .
    Might be a bit late to answer. But I`l give it a try. I believe fans are exploited in many places for their loyalty to their club. I'm sure there is a ton of things I do not know about football I England. But to me, England is the best example on how football shouldn't be run regarding fans and the clubs supporters.

23. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  24. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway