The FIFA FIFPro World 11 2016 Is Unfair To Atletico Madrid

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by EvanJ, Dec 2, 2016.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are the goals allowed in La Liga in 2016, including parts of 2015-2016 and 2016-2017:

Barcelona: 28
    Real Madrid: 29
    Atletico Madrid: 21

There are 55 names, with 5 goalkeepers, 20 defenders, 15 midfielders, and 15 forwards. Barcelona has 1 goalkeeper (although Claudio Bravo went to Manchester City) and 4 defenders listed. Real Madrid has 1 goalkeeper and 5 defenders listed. Atletico Madrid has no goalkeeper and 1 defender listed. That is totally unfair based on the goals allowed I listed above.

http://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-f...led-for-fifa-fifpro-world11-2016-2857226.html has the whole list. 45 out of 55 players spent at least some of 2016 with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, and/or Juventus. David de Gea and Dimitri Payet are the only 2 players who didn't spend any of 2016 on a club that played UEFA Champions League games in 2016, including the 2015-2016 Knockout Rounds and 2016-2017 Group Stage. de Gea played in the 2015-2016 Champions League Group Stage and the 2015-2016 Europa League Knockout Rounds, which doesn't count.

2. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Fifpro is crap.

3. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Care to explain? Their final XIs often look fairly decent, apart from the odd David Luiz.

Of course it suffers from similar things as most other XIs.

4. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The "traditional elite" club bias has always been very obvious.

leadleader repped this.
  5. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    They just pick the same players every year.

John Terry five times in a row, Iniesta five times in a row, Ramos six times. Iniesta has been picked the last seven years in a row. Thiago Silva has been included the last three years in a row.

6. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I guess it's the nature of the voters. FIFPro is voted by footballers. In any sport, I've always found players to be poor voters. No voting bloc is perfect, but I've always preferred the media to players and fans, since they actually spend a lot of time watching and thinking about the performances.