The Egypt-Bob Bradley Adventure in Review

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by AndrewEGY, Aug 26, 2014.

1. AndrewEGY

AndrewEGY Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Hello everyone,
    I know many of you have been following Bradley's adventures in Egypt. I'm Egyptian and I've been a close follower of Bob during his time in Egypt. I thought he was a pretty remarkable person. In my debut for www.kingfut.com I've planned a series of pieces reviewing those 2 years he spent with us. Part 1 was out last week: http://www.kingfut.com/2014/08/23/egypt-bob-bradley-adventure-review/ and Part 2 is out today: http://www.kingfut.com/2014/08/26/egypt-bob-bradley-adventure-review-part-2/

It would mean a great deal to me if you guys would check out the series and leave me any comments you have at the link above. I've been writing both with Egyptians and with Americans in mind.

Thanks!
    Andrew

[​IMG]

Winoman, 7211, UxSxAxfooty and 2 others repped this.
  2. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 Testudo, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Photo: ESPN
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Photo: ESPN

Considering all the scouting he did of they Egyptian league and Egyptian players internationally, to include coaching them over an extended World Cup qualifying campaign, I wonder if Bob will bring an Egyptian to Stabaek. Obviously, he is still a new manager and has already brought in a couple Americans he must be familiar with from his stints with the USMNT and MLS. I'd think there are a number of Egyptian players who could help at that level and be in the appropriate price range.

Winoman and INKRO repped this.
  3. AndrewEGY

AndrewEGY Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Testudo, there's one Egyptian he did try to bring (http://www.kingfut.com/2014/07/27/exclusive-bradley-stabaek-sulaya/) . But I think he must have been out of Stabaek's price range (he was once linked with Villareal). But I was surprised some other deal with an Egyptian did not materialize. Like you said, Bradley looked at Egyptians from some 20 local league teams over two years. I would have thought a couple would have been in the right price range.

Testudo, Winoman and INKRO repped this.
  4. AndrewEGY

AndrewEGY Member

Aug 23, 2014
    In Part 3 and Part 4 I look at some of the difficulties Bradley faced and the ways in which he addressed them (or didn't). They include the following sub-sections:

4. Lost in translation
    5. Professionalism, directness, lack of diplomacy
    6. A pool of locally based players
    7. A strong mentality
    8. Africa’s play-offs
    9. A disregard for FIFA rankings

I suppose not all sections will necessarily be interesting to US fans but you can check out whichever you do find interesting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dougtee, Testudo, Winoman and 1 other person repped this.
  5. AndrewEGY

AndrewEGY Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Testudo and Winoman repped this.