The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread: Part X. [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by GoodDead, May 2, 2010.

1. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Many things point to Ronaldo having raped her (so far but as facts arise it could change), when I read that he apparently said something like I am 99% good, that is something a rapist would say and it rang immediate alarm bells in my head. If he admitted that she said no and he kept having sex it is rape never mind if he forced her after she said no. Was never a fan of Ronaldo as a person but if this was Bernardo I would of said and thought the Same thing. He might well get away with it, as most rapists do and it is still early (maybe he did not admit to saying he forced himself on her and so on...) but this is developing into the biggest rape-sexual attack case in football history. If he found guilty (or if he is guilty) he deserves what he should get but probably Will not.

portugamerifinn repped this.
  2. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #1652 JoseEmidio, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Your talking absolute shite, personally know multiple women who have Lied about rape, the statistically chance of that is something like 0.001%, unless your some scumbag lawyer paying people off... or a cop (but here you would of known much more people who were raped then who falsely accused someone).

portugamerifinn, D_Jota and artielange84 repped this.
  3. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    #1653 RedBullSeven, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    I’m getting sick of all this guilty until proven innocent bullshit on here and on social media in general. Hell, you even said he would still be considered guilty by you if proven innocent. What a scary time to be a man.

So where the ******** is this questionnaire? Is it real? Is it authentic? If he did rape, then why the hell would they document it? It makes no god damn sense.

4. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    That’s fine but when people are saying it’s an open and shut case and that he raped her, that’s not a discussion that’s passing it off as fact and is classic defamation.

5. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    People are very polarized by these types of issues, its unreal. Then if you question anything, you're just as wrong a the alleged rapists

I'm reading that the US is totally divided because of the Kavanaugh thing, hype train full steam ahead

6. Ramos77

Ramos77 Member

Benfica
    Portugal
    Jun 24, 2017
    You sound like you're studying law.

On another note, where is this so called questionnaire?

How dumb would Ronaldo be to sign that.

7. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah I don’t really entirely understand this whole questionnaire document thing either. The first report from der spiegel makes it sounds like they have a copy of the questionnaire presented to Ronaldo but his responses were to be verbal. Then in the following reports this questionnaire was sent through email, and he responds through email.

The second one also claims there were two questionnaires provided so I guess it’s possible they discovered more, but even still, these firms handling high profile celebs are gonna discuss something like this through email? 2009 was a long time ago but even then they had to have known of the vulnerability of that no?

A lot of this doesn’t look good for Ronaldo IMO, but there are a couple things that make me raise my eyebrows with this story.

8. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    I work in the media so we have extensive legal training so we dont end up getting sued.

It doesn’t make sense why Ronaldo would sign anything and there are a lot of pieces of information being leaked that don’t look favourable to the young lady but like I said before I think we won’t ever find out what happened as it will be all made to disappear

9. Ramos77

Ramos77 Member

Benfica
    Portugal
    Jun 24, 2017
  10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
  11. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    distractions did not deter Khabib from being the best in the world, just like they will not deter Ronaldo from being the best in the world.

[​IMG]

(If you don't know who Khabib is by now, you are living under a rock)

jec1 repped this.
  12. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Katheryn's lawyer has just revealed that he has been contacted by a second woman claiming she has undergone similar treatment by Ronaldo but has refused to name her. Just remember, he's revealing this information to add credit to his current case. If this second woman actually has a legit case against Ronaldo, we should know her name soon. The media will make sure of it.

https://www.rt.com/sport/440613-ronaldo-rape-2nd-woman-sexual-assault/

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There will be more accusers but this does smell fishy. Lawyers don't care, they want the big cases/money.

In this case, I believe CR had sex with her but not defending anyone here, this should be investigated. Apparently she came out BC of the #metoo movement; which has been a PR mess. Again, I'm not defending anyone.

Anyone see bbuk? One of the female contestant claimed a male contestant "physically assaulted" her, it was on tape. She was stupid to keep playing the victim and she got shamed for lying. I was disgusted, the guy wanted to leave the house.

14. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Surprised she didn't get Avenatti. He's a big time lawyer. :(

15. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Really dumb.

But the more accusers, the more CR will have to address it. Nelly paid his accuser, this shit will hit the fan soon... Money talks.

16. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Even if it was a "scary time to be a man," which is laughable, I'd say the entirety of human history through this day has made it scary to be a woman. For men it's only now finally a "scary time" to try to get away with the bullshit that society has made it way too easy to get away with. Now it's just slightly more difficult to get away with.

The idea that anyone would look at a case in which there is damning evidence that a man raped a woman and use that as proof that it's "a scary time to be a man" is dumbfounding. A man likely raped a woman......so now us men need to watch our backs? That's absurd.

17. D_Jota

D_Jota Red Card

Wolverhampton
    Portugal
    Jul 30, 2018
    I just wish life was easier for me. I wish I could have been born a minority or a woman. It's hard to articulate the struggles I incur on a day to day. For example, the last time I was at Starbucks they some how ran out of Pumpkin spice lattes......IN OCTOBER! All I want to do is walk down the street and smack a random woman on the ass without getting in trouble. Why would society not want that? what's wrong with you world?

Oh the struggles of a upper middle class white man in the western world, so so rough.

Ramos77 and portugamerifinn repped this.
  18. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    #1668 RedBullSeven, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Did you not read my damn post? What evidence do you have that proves he’s guilty? The questionnaire? Please post it if you have it.

That is exactly my damn point. Women in the past were condemned to death by fire because of people like you accused them of being witches without giving them a chance to prove their innocences.

19. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    #1669 RedBullSeven, Oct 8, 2018
    Who the ******** is condoning that kind of behavior here?

By the way, off topic, but Portuguese Americans in America aren’t really consider to be white. They do sometimes face discrimination. Expecialy if they are swarthy looking with a last name like Gomes or Fernandes. A lot of them started poor and had to work their way up the hard way.

Like many others you also have a negative stereotype among upper middle class white men, which supports my argument that most people are biased against men in general.

20. D_Jota

D_Jota Red Card

Wolverhampton
    Portugal
    Jul 30, 2018
    Just having fun with your "hard to be a man today" comment, because I do find that historical.

Not sure about the discrimination part, I can't say I have personally ever felt it myself or seen any family go through anything or say anything, but there could be truth to it. Also I do live in Canada, which is basically a better version of America in every which way minus the weather.

21. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    #1671 RedBullSeven, Oct 8, 2018
    I never said “hard”

But let’s talk about hardship anyway. When the ship goes down, who you think goes into the lifeboats first? Which sex gets drafted to fight a war? In the United States Marine Core, male naval corpsmen (a corpsman is the Navy equivalent to an Army medic) all get assigned to a marine infantry platoon, while female naval corpsmen get assigned to work in a naval military hospital at home. A woman can get an abortion if she doesn’t want to be a mother, but the male doesn’t have that as a choice and must pay child support for 18 to 22 years if the female wants the baby.

Don’t act like if this topic is black and white.

22. D_Jota

D_Jota Red Card

Wolverhampton
    Portugal
    Jul 30, 2018
    You said scary, which could be even worse depending on how you look at it.

I have better odds of being struck by lightning while simultaneously being raped by a silverback than ever having to worry about a sinking ship scenario. Maybe it's not so black and white like many things in life, but if you want to list advantages, let's have at it. I'll take the female side and you can take the Male side. If you accept, I'll probably be done my list by Thursday, and you can probably be done in about 10 minutes.

23. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    If you're going to accuse people of not reading your posts thoroughly enough for your liking you might also want to do a little reading on the alleged rape. None of us are pulling things out of thin air or blindly accusing Ronaldo of rape. We're citing what has been researched by professional journalists and published in a reputable publication, and we're taking what we do know about this event (not to mention rape statistics and allegations in general) to deduce that a rape likely took place.

Even if we personally can't prove the private confession document is legit, it doesn't change the fact that we know plenty at this point to seriously question that the sex was consensual. Based on what is being reported, there's enough there for me to think it likely was rape.

This isn't the court of law here, it's an online discussion - the court of public opinion. And whereas some of us with at least a modicum of ability to separate our heads from our hearts are looking at the information presented to us and saying, "Yep, this sure makes it seem like Ronaldo committed a rape," others are accusing us of condemning Ronaldo without cause as if we saw "Ronaldo" and "rape" in the same headline and instantaneously made up our minds.

Ronaldo isn't in jail. Ronaldo hasn't been charged with a crime. Ronaldo isn't about to be extradited to the U.S. He doesn't need to be treated as the victim at this point. As for the "witch" nonsense, those who take the reporting at face value have actual reasons to believe a crime may have been committed - it's not unfounded speculation and it's nothing like The Crucible. And you can believe a woman when she says she was raped without insisting the alleged rapist immediately be shackled without further investigation.

Ramos77 repped this.
  24. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    It is black and white.

You just listed abortion - which, as it happens, still isn't freely, universally, legally, safely available - as an advantage for women. You also seem to think men don't have enough say in what a pregnant woman does with her body and that it isn't fair when a man has to be as accountable for unprotected sex as a woman does.

Is female genital mutilation worse for men too? Keep going, you're on a roll. I'm honestly starting to think you're some sort of Russia/Trump/Conservative/Men's Rights bot.

25. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    So throughout history you would say women have had it harder than men. How did you come to this conclusion?