The Court of Arbitrary Arbitration - Random Facts, Thoughts, Etc.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 24, 2014.

1. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I didn't bring it up. I just saw this thread and someone else had brought it up. I commented on it, as is done on a public forum. You should know that, you comment on every post, even your own.

2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can play coy all you want, but you know full well you've made a habit of bringing up my activity level here, as if there's something you're dying to say (or whatever else you have in mind, I won't pretend to understand).
    But bottom line, don't talk about my life, as if you're intimate with it. You're not and you certainly would not appreciate if it went the other way, especially when you clearly insinuating derogatory stuff.
    Public forum or not, there are lines that can't be crossed...

3. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As usual, you're getting overly defensive for no reason. I'm not insinuating shit. I merely stated the obvious, which is you post a lot and I don't understand how you find the time. If you read into it any further than that then that's on you. Either way I'm done talking about this.

For now.

4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1404 Ashur, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Be ready to be met with the same type of response every time you feel like going there. And you can say whatever you want, but when you're taking it on yourself to insinuate things or speak about me as a man, a husband and a father, you're damn right I'll take massive exception to it, especially coming from people such as yourself, who have a clear animosity for me, for some reason.
    It's always the same with some of some here: cross the line or deliberately take on provoking people and if they dare do anything other than just lie down, then they're being defensive. Get the ******** out of here with this shit...

5. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh my God. How did it take me years to realize this?

Ashur IS Mourihno.

J'can repped this.
  6. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Gilma1990 repped this.
  7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If standing up for one self in the face of deliberate and pointed innuendo is being a badass, then yeah, I guess, whatever...
    At the end of the day, you can try to spin it however you want, but making it sound like I'm some quasi jobless bum, who can not take care or provide for his family, is not acceptable to me.
    At the very least, you're almost trying to pass me of as a liar, which I'm not in the custom of doing. Either way, you're out of line. I don't believe for one moment you'd take too kindly to those type of insinuations yourself. I can pretty much guarantee it. But I'm a "badass". Yeah, so be it then...

8. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Internet addiction is serious business, Mizzou. Next time you’re baffled or frustrated by its relentlessness, ask yourself, ‘does it just stop?’

Show some compassion and accept that, until we find a way to marry the ‘Imma do what I want’ with a bit of consideration for others, this forum is going to remain An Audience With. Let him get his ‘Last Post By’ clean sweep. It’s important to him.

MizzouMUFC repped this.
  9. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    seriously? this i am the victim horse shit again?

and we used to think Raj was bad...

MizzouMUFC repped this.
  10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Playing the victim"..... What a bunch of horseshit indeed. Last thing I am is some sort of victim from you lot. Ninja please...:whistling:

11. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    @benni... you'll be pleased to know that annoying splash page is gone from the United website. looks like they finally decided to move into the modern times.

don't like the new tablet style layout though

12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Haven't had a chance to check it out.

That or the app.

13. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello, my name is Ian, I like long walks on the beach and talking about football.

14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Has anyone here bought a subscription or tried out the new ESPN+ bullshit? I hate that they have rights to the Serie A this season but now that they do, I’m trying to decide whether I want to invest in Bein sports or ESPN+ for the upcoming season.

Bein gets me La Liga and Ligue 1. I don’t give a shit about Ligue 1 and La Liga is really only ever a two-team battle.

ESPN+ gives me basically every Serie A game, in a year where the Serie A may actually be exciting again. I’m not sure what else the app entails though as I haven’t looked into that much.

Anyone have experience with the app or opinions on this?

16. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have the app for MLS and Bob Arum's version of boxing. Lol. I think it is not too bad for the price. I do not know what bein costs nor how their mobile identity operates but I have had little issues with + (aside from constant Dodger blackouts but that is an altogether different issue). Also, they have on-demand for pretty much everything available (for a limited time), which I am sure they will have for Serie A, so it is easy to come back and watch later if you miss something.

17. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I watched the community shield and a couple more of games. Again, Fubo TV plus ESPN+ is good. If you have other loggers, then you can share the cost. The other person can buy the directvnow for ESPN and ESPN2. You're covered.

18. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Didnt know where to post this.

Stumbled upon Ian Ladyman and Tony Strudwick and Gary Neville debating about our transfers during the end of fergie's rain...

Many understandably don’t like to admit it as they feel it tarnishes his legacy (it doesn’t) but Ferguson lost his way in the transfer market towards the end. It was his man management skills that didn’t falter. They kept #MUFC afloat towards the end.

Check out @Ian_Ladyman_DM’s Tweet:

19. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think most of us knew that. He failed to address a long running problem at CM and bought a lot of flops towards the end. He was saved by his excellent man-managing of a semi-talented team and a few really good signings like RVP and DDG.

jeff070 repped this.
  20. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In my opinion, Ferguson was a little bit shackled towards the end of his reign. He got the most out of substandard acquisitions because of his greatness. I do not believe for a minute that Fergie really bought in to the no value in the market mantra.

21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UEFA is planning on adding a 3rd European competition.

www.bbc.com/sport/football/45483586

They apparently plan on reviewing the current competitions, but the only thing that would make sense by the looks of would be to revive the defunct Cup Winners Cup (even with a new name).
    And even if it were the only European tournament to do so, it would be pretty cool if it reverted to the old format of direct elimination from the start. Would offer at least something different from the CL and EL, which could be a possible draw towards it (and it would make sense also as it's the same format that trophy is won domestically).

22. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    A third competition that would cut down on the UCL and set up a competition up with the lower level teams.

23. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    The bit that should make a real difference is the mention of swapping lump sums for a regular instalment over the length of the contract.