The Colombian Prodigal Son Returns - The James Rodríguez Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I don't agree that it's the most logical way. We have different opinion regarding this and i dont think that is the opinion of majority who is supporting our team... Rm supporter is bigger than this measage board.

2. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    Too many red flags with James last years. I first believed the clubs were wrong about him, but that cant be the case or else he would have showed it by now.

3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is all on you.....

Then why keep people guessing with the shenanigans? This medical privacy issue that came up recently is turning things into a charade and Zidane is milkingbit for all it's worth by refusing to answer basic questions in good faith.

And maybe Zidane was right or maybe he really is a shaman and is to blame for cursing James. Maybe he's a clairvoyant who looked into the future.... but I do not believe this began with James being injured.

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James is a top talent

But he needs to go to a mid level team where his spot is safe

He plays a position that is outdated; therefore competes for players that are playing on their actual positions, and he is always hurt.

At this point, he needs that Neymar status where he is hurt but will play whenever available

Lyra and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup unfortunately his best position doesn’t exist in our current set up, I’ll be the outsider and say I think he will still make a significant contribution to this team this season if he stays fit and lasts beyond the winter window

6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Easily

7. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Moderators are the least of our problems here...

8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I plead the 5th...

9. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or maybe he really wasn’t ready to train or play as was said all along? Hmmm

Drouchk, Saeta Rubia and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Was a brilliant idea to have him take a 12 hour flight if he was injured then :confused:

If we knew he couldn't train or play why the hell did we send him there instead of just emailing the medical report?

Prit Javier repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Smh, come on man..

You know that national teams can force players to make the trip to check for themselves and last I checked players can decide they want to make the trip because they feel fit enough anyways.

Real Madrid can't block James from making the trip and the club surely didn't send him as you suggest.

HZinho, RMSocrates, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The whole world thought he had taken time off to be with his newborn because the club never issued any kind of statement showing support for him or indicating any other plausible reason for his absence. After he got dropped a couple of more games but called up for the national team and the "exit gate" gate scandal heated up then all of a sudden Zidane comes back with the world's most ambiguously vague statement on a player's status.

13. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Keep spinning so you can continue stirring the pot.

If James wanted to go on NT duty, there’s nothing we can do about it. And for someone that’s so well informed on every subject, I’m sure you’ll know a minor injury can always lead to a more significant one. And I don’t recall anyone claiming he traveled with a severe injury, and who knows maybe he was coming back to fitness, relapses are common when you come back to soon as well.

Point is, my speculation is as likely as your conspiracy theories that you pass off as facts.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There are only theories because there are no facts. Marca reports that the last reported injury was the knock to the right hip he got before the match vs Mallorca a month ago.

After that there has been no communication or update on the status of his injury. Colombia communicated that he injured his left knee while training with them.

Maybe if we'd have a status update on why he missed a month of football with a knock to the hip, we'd have a better chance of understanding what the hell is going on, but until then, everybody is free to speculate.

Even Marca say that James spent weeks "curing multiple non reported minor injuries and attending the birth of his child". So pretty much nobody but James himself and the club know what's going no.

If the player took a 12 hour flight despite having an injury, he's a damn fool himself unless he's that desperate to get away from Madrid.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You know they have 0 choice in this. If you get called up, you have to go unless you never want to play for your NT anymore, and even if you're injured, you have to go to get checked out by the NT medical team.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he was injured and they made him train we should pull a Bayern and sue them for damages. Not that we would, just saying. Even the flight itself is a ridiculous hassle for a player that has not seen the field in about a month.

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That is unfortunately the stupidity of the FIFA international rules, protecting the team that is contributing nothing to the livelihood of these players while exposing the side with all the financial obligations to all the risk.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently the player can plead with the federation to leave him off the team, would be interesting to know if there was such an approach or not.

19. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    James voluntarily stayed in Madrid during the last international break, and there was no issue with it even though at that point he looked like he was in peak condition.

I'm not buying it. Didn't he just take some time off to go down there for his child's birth.

Maybe that's why he felt it was necessary to force the issue and get some playing time knowing that Zidane was going to block his reentry to the lineup.

Lyra, robnycus and Deep Pal repped this.
  20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And how’d that strategy work out for him? 3-4 weeks out while not playing in any actual match. No playing time, just forced his way down there to.....train, the same thing he was doing in Madrid. He pretty clearly misjudged his own fitness levels. Zidane and the club may not even trust the typical “100%” training timelines for these injury prone players. I don’t think it’s outlandish for them to have them train an extra week or two before bringing the back into the rotation.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1198013153076031488 is not a valid tweet id

22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But there was never any transparency with regard to reporting the injury, we still don't know generally or specifically what the reasons were for the medical restrictions on his training in Madrid. Normally we know with in a few hours what a players injury status is barring follow up MRI's, etc., but in this case there was absolutely no transparency and the public was left guessing for multiple games.

And only now do we have evidence of an actual injury, this one being suffered after leaving Madrid and flying across the globe to train in Columbia.

I blame @Drouchk, Zidane and that for hire witch Doctor they used to put this curse on James.

Drouchk repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Remember: Players can now refuse to have their injury updates publicised.

I've been thinking a lot about that when it came to James' injury. Maybe he also didn't sign that? I mean Lucas got injured and we even got a full update on how it happened.

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. Ok dude. Zidane stated they weren’t fit to play yet as they just started training again the week before the NT break. Then James pulls up with an injury. You always think the worst of Zidane so you assume he’s lying and covering up some personal grudge. But maybe he was being ultra cautious with two injury prone players as right now they aren’t urgently needed back with the squad starting to click. I blame Zidane, because it’s the easy thing to do.

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Bale played two games without any issue whatsoever, even going so far to insult the club and now he's right back with the team.

Maybe Zidane's estimations aren't as full proof as advertised, and are about as hit and miss as anything on big soccer.

Exactly.

Need a change of formation to accommodate James: "nah, it would be easier to just play Lucas Vasquez instead."

Need a goals scoring AM to round out the squad with the easiest safest option being to just hold on to James: "Nah, let's make things difficult and spend all summer negotiating for Pogba at 150ME, then make last ditch efforts to pick up Donnie freakin Van der Beek, all the while turning down every offer that comes in for James because its fun to watch his ass suffer."