The Club Brugge thread [Results]

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Belgian guy, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So, I'm really looking forward to next season. First off, we are getting two monuments of Club Brugge in our coaching staff, Ceulemans as head coach and Van Der Elst as assistent. With Degryse as technical director, it's a reunion of the Club Brugge stars of the late 80s.

Plus, they have purchased very wisely. Dufer is a great prospect to play on either wing, Valgaeren is a great addition to our defense, and Leko seems like a great replacement for Ceh. The only transfer up to now I don't like very much is Vermant. Sure, he was valuable to us in the past, but he is 32 now. He might have one or two decent seasons in him, but I would have prefered if they invested in a younger player. Still, things are looking up from a few weeks back where it seems we would be coachless and without some of our key players for next season.

2. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    Re: The Club Brugge thread

I am looking forward to the new season too. I am in Belgium right now and i saw them play Knokke. Of course good preformances dont mean much against Knokke but Ishaiku played well. Leko is good too. I think we will have a pretty good season this year.

3. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

Do you feel that they are able to face Anderlecht and Standard? I think they have weakened. Never liked Vermant, Dufer hasn't played much last season, Leko is a good one.

4. Gerrit

Gerrit New Member

May 20, 2005
    Istanbul, Turkey

Standard ?? Always something goes wrong there ? So far they are the only ones that really got stronger while Anderlecht and Brugge seem to be status-quo or even weakened. But Standard always loses the title somehow. I think it will be Anderlecht again who will become the big opponent for Brugge.

5. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

If Standard can keep their team together I see them become big. The transfers of Anderlecht are great too and I hope Lierse becomes the surprise. I'm really looking forward to some new players entering our competition: Leko, Akin, Ozturk, Goor, Valgaeren, some of the new Lierse players,...

6. Gerrit

Gerrit New Member

May 20, 2005
    Istanbul, Turkey

Anderlecht bought a few good players but also lost Aruna... I think they will be slightly stronger but not that much difference.

It would be great to see a third team catching up, otherwise Belgium could become a Scotland-esque country in football. We need a third team to compete with Anderlecht and Brugge, but Standard always realises big transfers and then fails somehow. I hope they can realise their dream this year, I always liked Standard. I am a fan of Oostende, but Standard is one of the few others I deeply respect, their support is fantastic and overpowers all other supporters groups in Belgium.

7. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

The third team should be Standard historywise, but in football history doesn't count. I'm still hoping for a Antwerp topteam, but I guess the chances for that are non existant, because of the rivalry. Best thing to do would be to start a totally new club in Antwerpen. If they bring topfootball the supporters will come.
    Genk should be able to compete for the title every three years. They have good youth, but very little experienced players to lead them.
    Gent will become a strong team with the new stadium that can seat 20.000, still a huge amount in Belgian football.

As for the other teams I don't see much coming: Lierse, Charleroi, GBA are clubs of big talks but I don't see them threatening the top 2.

So, in short, the third team should be Standard.

8. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

How is Blondel doing?

9. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland

Blondel looked great. I hope he has a bigger role on the team this year than he did last year.

10. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium

I don't think that Club Brugge will be champion next season. They lost too much important players and the new players have great names (Vermant, Valgaeren, Dufer,...) but they are not so strong.

Vermant: In Germany he didn't convince really. He's not so good as Simons
    Valgaeren: He is a good player, but he is too often injured
    Dufer: He didn't convince in a little french club; so how can he be the successor of Simons or Ceh?
    The only player I don't know really, is Leko, but I heard he's a great player...

Furthermore, striker Rune Lange won't play for 4 months, cause he's injured.

At least, Club Brugge has a new staff and players have to get accustomed at the new style...

I think that Club Brugge will be on the third place next season, behind Anderlecht :p and Standard... but I hope (of course ;) ) that Brugge will have success in the Champions-League

11. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

I have to admit I totally agree with you. :)

12. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium

Thank you ;)

13. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia

You wish.

I na strani i kod kuće, Tomo brani nemoguće, Tomo Butina, Tomo Butina!
    Give us Tomo back!

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

We'll see. But who exactly has Anderlecht bought that is going to make them sure champions? Delorge? Mitu? That Turkish striker that made 14 goals in three seasons? Seems to me they've lost Aruna and might lose Jestrovic.

15. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

What is your opinion on Andres Mendoza?

16. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland

He doesnt play for brugge anymore and he hasnt for a while. I remember he sent a letter to the club declaring that he was leaving and they couldnt get any money off of him. This happened about two years ago i think.

17. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium

I think that he's a great player but his mentality is not so good. His behaviour is too lax. But sometimes Mendoza is a worldclass-striker: (the goal vs Milan in Championsleague 2 years ago with Brugge was wonderful...)

Are you a Marseille-fan?

18. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium

It is not only because we bought new players, but also because players like Kompany, Wilhelmsson, Tihinen, ... won't leave the club. So they are accustomed playing together. Furthermore, Serhat Akin is really a great player. I saw a lot of videos of Serhat, and it seems that he's better than Aruna. He didn't score so often because he was injured and last year he had a strong competition with Van Hooijdonk and Anelka. I spoke to some turkish fans, and they are very sad that he leaves Turkey. He had some offers from the Bundesliga (Borussia Dortmund, Berlin,...) and Shaktar Donezk, where he could earn a lot more money than in Anderlecht. But Serhat will make a new start of his career in Anderlecht, so I suppose that he will be motivated.

Furthermore, Bart Goor came back so problem on the left side is solved. And I hope still that Proto comes to Anderlecht... :rolleyes:

But I'm allright with you: we will see ;)

19. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

I just can't wait for the start of the competition. The Jupiler league really seems to have had a quality injection.

20. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

No I am not a Marsielle fan. Just a Peruvian fan. Thanx for the info. I see Mendoza as the same way. Great ability, but sometimes he need to apply himself a bit more.

21. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland

Club Brugge-Maccabi Haifa 1-0
    Ishiaku scored

22. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

this doesn't have to do with the season, but i was wondering; has club brugge's colors always been blakc and blue?

23. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland

I think so, i am not 100% sure but i know those colors are important for the team.

24. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland

Can someone put an [R] on this thread for when the season starts?

25. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

Ha, CDPCONRAD,

tonight last rehearsal for the season with 'de Brugse Metten'. They will be playing FC Porto and we will get to see how Ceulemans is planning to play this season.