The Big "Paucity of English Youth Talent" Debate!

Discussion in 'England' started by The Guardian, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

thebigman repped this.
  3. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Another benefit of Brexit, eh.

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Least it stops those bloody foreigners stimulating our economy!!!!!

What a misguided fiasco brexit was

So many uninformed people voting for something they had no clue about

5. United689908

United689908 Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    All it'll do is just delay the process by 2 years. Foreign kids won't commit to long pros at Ajax etc and will just leave at 18 for a slightly larger fee. They're not being advised by idiots.

6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I don't understand how it will be that easy for clubs to sign foreign kids at 18 though? Won't they have to have played a certain amount of International games for their Country to qualify? Forgive me as I'm not quite up to date with the latest rules on this.

7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not into self government, sovereignty, self determination and democracy, eh.

8. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    They don't stimulate the economy though, they're mostly working class people with less money to spend than our own working class. Besides, leaving the EU doesn't mean lowering immigration, it means controlling it.

9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lol ok. Where did u get your figures from? Plenty of non working class people came although I do think economic migrants are an issue if taking money out the economy

We need the Euro more than it needs us. Our economy was the fastest growing within it and we cut lose with a vote that people had no clue about

But that is another story for the politics forum

10. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, the sort of people who have no trouble coming here whether we're inside the EU or not.

This isn't about economic nuance, this is about the sort of country you want the UK to be. You can want us to be the sort of country that forges it's own path in the world, or the sort that bends over to foreign bureaucrats just to be in a political union with the only continent on the planet that's barely experiencing any economic growth. The same prophesies of economic ruin being made now were also made when we chose not to join the Euro, and look how that turned out.

11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So what exactly do we have to export or what is the plan to make our small island compete with the big boys? We don't really manufacture much and there is a huge amount of file dossers not willing to work who are also abusing the NHS as much as foreigners are

Also the value of the pound is ever decreasing and we will see large scale foreign business re locate to Europe for ease of trade

If we can't be in the single market we are done

hussar repped this.
  12. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Let's just leave this here for posterity so we can remember how silly the hysteria was ten years from now when we're doing fine. I'm sorry mate but you sound like you're swallowing the scaremongering whole. The people feeding you this have their own agendas, and they care nothing for the masses. Over the last decade or so EU exports have shrunk from 55% to 45% of our total and the trend continues in that direction. A lack of single market access doesn't mean we can't trade with the EU, it means there are tariffs, the same kind that the majority of our trade with the outside world has. Besides, the UK is the EU's biggest export partner, bigger than the US, bigger than China, you really think the money men on the continent are going to gimp that relationship for the sake of the European political project? Europe can't afford to stand on principle, it can barely stand at all.

13. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Something you would never say about Nigel Farage or Boris Johnson, of course.

thebigman repped this.
  14. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Certainly Boris does, that much is obvious. Farage on the other hand dedicated the better part of 20 years of his life to this endeavour and left British politics as soon as it was accomplished.

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i'm sorry but if u are defending farage then u cannot be helped

let us come back to this in 5 years when the country could potentially, be really in the shitter, just because some insecur Brits don't like foreigners

maybe they shouls exports all the old brits in europe back here?

16. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Erm, not exactly. He left as soon as his lies about NHS and immigration became untenable. He left as soon as his big bluff was unexpectedly called.

thebigman repped this.
  17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The NHS is waiting for that 350 mill LOL

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  18. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm sorry but that's not a counter-argument.

OK then, I'll bookmark the thread. If you believe that 51% of the electorate are xenophobes then I believe you're detatched from reality though. Those voting for Brexit came from all manner of ethnic, religious and political backgrounds. Even Corbyn himself was a Eurosceptic until the Labour establishment put him in his place.

False. The NHS claim came from Vote Leave which Farage was never a part of, and had been scrutinized throughout the campaign for weeks on end. He could have easily stayed on as leader of the party as the party wanted him to and as everyone else expected him to. The idea that his position became untenable is a complete re-imagination of the truth.

19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's a middle class racist plonker in the mound of Jeremy Clark son or a Katie Hopkins that type of white privaldge Cnut

These people are pure clowns and scum that a lot of thick people look up to for some reason

Farage has been exposed countless times and in debates etc

He's just a troll

20. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I disagree with the bulk of his politics, especially his libertarian economic ideas, but to deny that he's an intelligent and accomplished politician is to deny reality. Brexit was a monumental victory against all odds that can be attributed in large part to him and his leadership of UKIP. The party went from virtual obscurity to forcing a national referendum in little more than a decade, while turning the BNP and Lib Dems all but irrelevant in the process. These are not the accomplishments of a clown or "plonker", no matter how much you dislike him.

21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  22. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  23. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I've lost hope that he'll fulfil his potential, I think, but that isn't everything. I just want him to go somewhere that I can enjoy watching him play.

24. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  25. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Man City u19s struggled to beat Celtic in the CL and were 2-0 down at HT - it could easily have been a lot more, with Celtic really sharp, purposeful and "up for it". City bucked their ideas up a bit in the second half and sneaked the win with a third goal at the death. (No change to the placings with City through and Celtic out).